Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Time to nerf echo of elements?

http://i.imgur.com/eooDEVk.jpg

yeah that was through iron hawk as well.

More like, hunters are just squishy.
    it's our only weakness right now, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    More like, hunters are just squishy.
    it's our only weakness right now, tbh.
    well if it was on anything else its still like 200k+ in one global.

Can't even predict it like chaos bolt or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn. He got lucky with that 5% proc chance lel.

Seriously, anybody good wouldn't be using echo of elements. Everyone uses ancestral swiftness or whatever the shaman NS variant is called. If the ele was playing with NS he would've most likely be doing much more pressure might have killed you sooner lol.

Not saying that 2x 100k is justified, but I'm just saying that it's way too RNG and that nobody who plays arena seriously plays with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Damn. He got lucky with that 5% proc chance lel.

Seriously, anybody good wouldn't be using echo of elements. Everyone uses ancestral swiftness or whatever the shaman NS variant is called. If the ele was playing with NS he would've most likely be doing much more pressure might have killed you sooner lol.

Not saying that 2x 100k is justified, but I'm just saying that it's way too RNG and that nobody who plays arena seriously plays with it.
    It was also hotfixed a long time ago to have a 6 second ICD when triggering extra damage on players.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

It's being nerfed/changed in WoD to have a considerably more reasonable effect. Don't think they'll be losing much sleep about the last PvP season of MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    well if it was on anything else its still like 200k+ in one global.
    Cause hunters can't do 200k dmg in 1 global? Like auto attack/pet/chimera crit followed by a Fire! crit. And how exactly do you plan to nerf the talent? Remove it, or make it a 0,01% chance to double up? I bet if that 0,01% ever happens you gonna ask again to nerf it.

Echo is just a poorly designed talent. Ele's already have a mastery proc (which looked like happened in there for 50k) that stimulates random burst. Why have a talent to do the same thing? Same for enhance, ill get that random enh sham in 2s thats specced echo and doublecrits 220k in one ele blast after a 150k stormblast.

The fact that lava burst can hit for over 100k at all is nuts to me. Hell I saw a sham that did 90k lightning bolts + mastery procs into my teams mage. Pretty sure he had echo too since we looked at the log and saw 2 90k LBolt's + 60k mastery in one spot between heals. I still have no idea what he was specced into or what he had on but I have never seen someone almost drop my teammate that fast solo without using ascendance.

Ele's are more annoying that anything, they either do good damage all game but have almost no peels and therefore easy to manage, or randomly global someone out of nowhere. That possibility is frustrating to play against.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Cause hunters can't do 200k dmg in 1 global? Like auto attack/pet/chimera crit followed by a Fire! crit. And how exactly do you plan to nerf the talent? Remove it, or make it a 0,01% chance to double up? I bet if that 0,01% ever happens you gonna ask again to nerf it.
    you just make yourself look dumber every time you try and counter one of my posts.

what you just outlined is at least 2 globals and isn't guaranteed to all crit unlike lava burst.

nerf it by making it 40% proc chance but duplicates it at 40% power, like their mastery.

but glad to hear its going in WoD.

it has been nerfed its a very low proc rate in pvp atm.

btw lol hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    it has been nerfed its a very low proc rate in pvp atm.

btw lol hunter.
    it's a 6% proc chance as far as I know and not any different in pvp

6% is a low % and it has an icd 5? sec in pvp that doesn't exist in pve.

Deleted
    Dete/RoS/Dispell shock gg

ascendance maybe?
    allows 15s where lava burst has no cd

macro it with spiritwalkers grace you can cast lvb while moving

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    you just make yourself look dumber every time you try and counter one of my posts.

what you just outlined is at least 2 globals and isn't guaranteed to all crit unlike lava burst.

nerf it by making it 40% proc chance but duplicates it at 40% power, like their mastery.

but glad to hear its going in WoD.
    Maybe, just maybe, we, as shamans are pretty sick of getting nerfed every single moment because one of your FotM classes gets killed because of them.

- "Totems are too hard to keel, like I needz to target them and pew pew! omgwtf"
    Blizz to the rescue: Can't cast totems while silenced

- "Omg I ignorez dat shamlol with ma mage n hunterz, he keels me wtf"
    Blizz to the rescue: Whenever shamans cast a spell, their keyboard inputs will be ignored for 5 seconds and they'll be sent a threatening mail.

Seriously stop your nonse, you have trillion ways to avoid once in a life time EotE burst. And yes, you deserve this response because of your rude attitude towards my fellow shaman friend there.

-----

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    ascendance maybe?
    allows 15s where lava burst has no cd

macro it with spiritwalkers grace you can cast lvb while moving
    Yeah, it's pretty likely too. Agreed.

Just wait for Multistrike on top of EotE and Ele's Mastery.

50 Lava Bursts to the face!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Sure that wasn't their mastery? Or is that shown in the combat log, I haven't looked at mine in ages and I'm not elemental atm on my shaman to look myself.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Just wait for Multistrike on top of EotE and Ele's Mastery.

50 Lava Bursts to the face!
    Won't happen unless they remove EotE's ICD.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    6% is a low % and it has an icd 5? sec in pvp that doesn't exist in pve.
    4sec ICD yes.
    Last edited by Illana; 2014-04-26 at 04:43 AM.

You don't even have to be specced echo to do this--that's just as likely a lava surge proc while he was midcast on lava burst (happens all the time). Or just back-to-back lava surge procs. What's ridiculous is that a shaman can realistically burst around twice that hard once you factor in an AS ele blast and the fulmination that was probably midair when you died here.