Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Keep making rage threads about how you lost at 1600 in the shitter league, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    and you keep coming at me with your sub 1k experience bro
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    Because you couldn't scatter freeze into aimed shot/chimera into silence get focus back into binding shot amimed shot chimera. l2p hunter
    Let's leave these silly replies to the official forums please.

The class he plays is irrelevant to the thread, so there's not really any need to bring it up. I actually agree using Echo in PvP is a bit gimmicky, though I think he should have said "change" instead of "nerf" in the thread title, since it's roughly in line with the other talents damage wise.

That said Illana, you do seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Shaman threads. Hast thy Shaman brotherhood wronged you?

10+ Year Old Account
    you heard of lava surge? No casting required.
    You know you can TS Lava Surge, right? I main a Shaman, but when playing against an Elemental, it's quite easy to stop most of their damage by just simply purging Lava Surge. Keeping them clean is a great way to make an Elemental feel useless seeing as they benefit from procs more than most other classes.

Hunter complaining about Ele Shaman

The hell is the world coming to -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    You know you can TS Lava Surge, right? I main a Shaman, but when playing against an Elemental, it's quite easy to stop most of their damage by just simply purging Lava Surge. Keeping them clean is a great way to make an Elemental feel useless seeing as they benefit from procs more than most other classes.
    i outlined quite clearly how spam purging is not viable as a hunter in an earlier post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chainreactor View Post
    Hunter complaining about Ele Shaman

The hell is the world coming to -_-
    another useless post from someone who is clueless. Congratulations

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Let's leave these silly replies to the official forums please.

The class he plays is irrelevant to the thread, so there's not really any need to bring it up. I actually agree using Echo in PvP is a bit gimmicky, though I think he should have said "change" instead of "nerf" in the thread title, since it's roughly in line with the other talents damage wise.

That said Illana, you do seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Shaman threads. Hast thy Shaman brotherhood wronged you?
    nope I love my little panda lightning machine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    So what's the point of rolling a thread with the title "Time to nerf echo of elements?"?

And for your information, it's not being changed because of your "arguements", it's being changed because it's bad.
    didnt know about it. Im only following wod notes for hunter atm

10+ Year Old Account
    i outlined quite clearly how spam purging is not viable as a hunter in an earlier post.

- - - Updated - - -

another useless post from someone who is clueless. Congratulations

- - - Updated - - -

nope I love my little panda lightning machine.

- - - Updated - - -

didnt know about it. Im only following wod notes for hunter atm
    Then get your team mates to do something about it, crowd control the Shaman at least. You sound like one of those people who give up on life when they lose an arena match. If you were even somewhat interested in PvP as you so claim to be, you'd be looking for ways to improve and figure out what to do to counter what just happened, as everybody else does, but instead you come straight to the forums to complain.

Adaptation is the forefront of PvP, and if you can't adapt, you don't survive. You can't just walk around screaming that everything is overpowered or something needs a nerf. How do you think the high-rated players got where they are today? They moved forward, and stopped looking back. Maybe it's your turn to stop peering over your shoulder.

Then get your team mates to do something about it, crowd control the Shaman at least. You sound like one of those people who give up on life when they lose an arena match. If you were even somewhat interested in PvP as you so claim to be, you'd be looking for ways to improve and figure out what to do to counter what just happened, as everybody else does, but instead you come straight to the forums to complain.

Adaptation is the forefront of PvP, and if you can't adapt, you don't survive. You can't just walk around screaming that everything is overpowered or something needs a nerf. How do you think the high-rated players got where they are today? They moved forward, and stopped looking back. Maybe it's your turn to stop peering over your shoulder.
    I'll give you some context:

I was in nagrand arena, my healer was behind a pillar and I took a big hit already from random lava surge procs already so I decide to pull back. I play hunter dk druid so my dk literally has one cc which is REQUIRED to land traps and was already used.

I was behind line of sight but the shaman got a cast off before I did and then I got oneshot from half hp.

There's no possible way to "adapt" to this situation, there's almost no setup and no counterplay either,

actually you did have ways if you got spiked without cds and a warrior on you, you could've deterrence, silenced, stun, scatter the shaman, your healer could've been better at pre healing since they both where connecting. btw strangulate isn't required to land traps, helps a ton yes but it isn't required. Also what was your dk doing while you where being tunneled into the ground?

Thread = TL;DR

Don't let him free cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    actually you did have ways if you got spiked without cds and a warrior on you, you could've deterrence, silenced, stun, scatter the shaman, your healer could've been better at pre healing since they both where connecting. btw strangulate isn't required to land traps, helps a ton yes but it isn't required. Also what was your dk doing while you where being tunneled into the ground?
    warrior wasn't "on" me, I already disengaged away and he charged after me and did a random slam with no CS up.

Healer was mid heal when I got oneshot.

Asphyxiate is required to land traps once you get past 1300 I promise you, as soon as you scatter the other team knows it's going to be a trap and it's SO easy to eat a trap for someone who is scattered. If they're asphyxiated they can't move, trap has a much higher chance of landing.

DK can do what to stop a shaman from casting an instant cast spell or stop people tunneling in general? 2 Grips and chains of ice.

I'll give you some context:

I was in nagrand arena, my healer was behind a pillar and I took a big hit already from random lava surge procs already so I decide to pull back. I play hunter dk druid so my dk literally has one cc which is REQUIRED to land traps and was already used.

I was behind line of sight but the shaman got a cast off before I did and then I got oneshot from half hp.

There's no possible way to "adapt" to this situation, there's almost no setup and no counterplay either,
    healer already los, you go to los, he gets a lava surge instantly firing it, probably procs an echo+overload, both fire, travel time, no dispell flame shock, no heals.

simplez.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Thread = TL;DR

Don't let him free cast.
    So next time I see people QQ about hunters I should also say this? Don't let the hunter freecast?

Shaman did no casting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    healer already los, you go to los, he gets a lava surge instantly firing it, probably procs an echo+overload, both fire, travel time, no dispell flame shock, no heals.

simplez.
    what does that even mean.

DK can do what to stop a shaman from casting an instant cast spell or stop people tunneling in general? 2 Grips and chains of ice.
    dk can pressure the shaman, if he can't lol well just give up already if you can't get a DK to push an ele to defensive you might as well insta leave every game you have an ele till you get a better one.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    dk can pressure the shaman, if he can't lol well just give up already if you can't get a DK to push an ele to defensive you might as well insta leave every game you have an ele till you get a better one.
    eles can still fire instant lava bursts while being defensive..

from your magical fairy tale of arena bullshit story about how terrible you are at PvP you've never seen one go defensive, and your whole thread is worthless there is going to be no change at all till 6.0 hits and the entire game is overhauled so you're just going to have to keep getting owned in 1 cast sorry.

yes but if he's forcing to los to begin with well then you where in trouble to start with and your dk isn't doing anything. and no you don't "need" asphix on every trap in fact you don't "need" it till 2k and thats only against specific teams.

again you got rng'd, your team reacted slowly, I'm betting skull banner was down for 110 lava burst, if your healer was already los (like you said) then he wasn't healing you to begin with. Oh once again you are complaining about a talent that no one takes (which I'm also betting the screen is surge proc not echo).

No one with a brain isn't saying surge and roll the dice proc game play is "good" its simply bad game design to be honest, but at least if you are going to cry about something, cry about things that actually matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    yes but if he's forcing to los to begin with well then you where in trouble to start with and your dk isn't doing anything. and no you don't "need" asphix on every trap in fact you don't "need" it till 2k and thats only against specific teams.

again you got rng'd, your team reacted slowly, I'm betting skull banner was down for 110 lava burst, if your healer was already los (like you said) then he wasn't healing you to begin with. Oh once again you are complaining about a talent that no one takes (which I'm also betting the screen is surge proc not echo).

No one with a brain isn't saying surge and roll the dice proc game play is "good" its simply bad game design to be honest, but at least if you are going to cry about something, cry about things that actually matter.
    I was fine and then suddenly lava burst

then another one and I died.

reacted slowly? I don't think you understand: none of my defensives work unless I use them PRE-EMPTIVELY, there's no reacting when you're playing a hunter, it's about prediction and planning.

Skull banner could have been down yes, but that's another instant cast off GCD skill that requires me to target and kill or predict them to drop.

My healer was out of THEIR los, not mine.

The screen was echo, I don't care if you don't believe me but trust me: I wouldn't complain if they outplayed us by getting me in a stun and hardcasted a lava burst with a surge proc at the end. I'm complaining because I had already assessed I was in danger LONG before that last lava burst was cast, made appropriate actions to mitigate any damage and still I died because roar of sac does not affect anything already cast.

This does matter and blizz has already proposed to fix it. I just didn't know about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And? That's all they're able to do while being focused. Even worse if they're unable to get a Flame Shock on at least two targets.

This thread might as well get locked, it's not going anywhere as you're as stubborn as an ass. You can't admit that your team failed to do their job, in addition to a clunky barely used mechanic. If your Death Knight was forcing the Shaman be defensive like he/she was supposed to, you'd have probably won that game and wouldn't be here wasting everybody's time because you feel a need to cry over something so silly.

And as the person above me said: "cry about things that actually matter".

10+ Year Old Account
    And? That's all they're able to do while being focused. Even worse if they're unable to get a Flame Shock on at least two targets.

This thread might as well get locked, it's not going anywhere as you're as stubborn as an ass. You can't admit that your team failed to do their job, in addition to a clunky barely used mechanic. If your Death Knight was forcing the Shaman be defensive like he/she was supposed to, you'd have probably won that game and wouldn't be here wasting everybody's time because you feel a need to cry over something so silly.

And as the person above me said: "cry about things that actually matter".
    Except you're completely underestimating the damage of LvB it seems. Unleash Elements + procs + instant LvB = 100k+ LvB. Throw in a second LvB proc and you're already on 200k+ damage while being defensive. Compare that to a mage who can't do shit when he's defensive or any melee for that matter.

Deleted
    Illana has got 3353 post of bullshit. If you see a thread opened by this troll, just don't answer, you are wasting time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Except you're completely underestimating the damage of LvB it seems. Unleash Elements + procs + instant LvB = 100k+ LvB. Throw in a second LvB proc and you're already on 200k+ damage while being defensive. Compare that to a mage who can't do shit when he's defensive or any melee for that matter.
    Unleash Elements can be dispelled. Trinket and Enchantment procs only happen every so often a minute. Flame Shock has to be on you for it to deal an additional 50% damage. If a Shaman is able to do that much while playing defensively, do some proper dispelling of Unleashed Flame or Flame Shock, one has a 15 second cooldown, the other is a 6 second cooldown. You're bound to be able to remove both while keeping the Elemental contained.

There are plenty of ways to counter an Elemental. If you posted that on Arena Junkies or another PvP-oriented place they'd laugh at you for not knowing what to do in that situation.