Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I made this to inform the people complaining about it, what they could do to play a part. I may disagree, but I respect the opinions of others.

I'm trying to help the people that want it. Your wallet speaks the loudest and you'll accomplish alot more.
    Oddly enough, this is the argument flying supports like to say: "If you don't like flying, don't use it."

Now I guess is it the turn of no-flyer supports to say "If you don't like no-flying, don't buy it." Really like you said too, this is probably the most efficient way of voicing against this change, and is something that no-flyer supporters have NOT had access to. I'm of the viewpoint flying has certainly been destructive to various aspects of the game. I'd like to see how this plays out.
    Last edited by LaughterJones; 2014-04-26 at 08:27 PM. Reason: inserted omitted words

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    You have no idea about the long term effects. None. WoW has existed for 9 years. For only 2 of them without flying. We have ZERO data on how people will take to not being able to fly at all in current content and even WoD won't tell us that.
    We couldn't fly in the current content in 5.2 and 5.4

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Smart way to protest it imo.
    Yes even I a player since Vanilla have held off buying it have not even bothered doing the preorder bit mainly due to finance restrictions atm..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2014-04-26 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    We couldn't fly in the current content in 5.2 and 5.4
    In the new Isle zones, yes. And it was annoying, especially on Useless Isle. But we could fly in the greater part of MoP's content.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Precisely this when the masses walk out en mass so to speak and it starts to hurt Blizz's bottom line then they will listen though by then the damage will already have been done..
    yep. blizzard is breaking the trust of the players. which is really sad.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    yep. blizzard is breaking the trust of the players. which is really sad.
    Actually I should of said "they might listen" and "the damage may have already been done.." lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    In the new Isle zones, yes. And it was annoying, especially on Useless Isle. But we could fly in the greater part of MoP's content.
    Yeah once you do the weekly there is no other reason to be there especially if you have gotten everything from the Celestials and Ordos.. Funnily enough Isle of Thunder had more going for it and well Isle of Giants was just a waste of time..

Not only have I not purchased WoD, I unsubscribed back in November after realizing how much I hated grinding SoO for months and months and sitting around on the TI waiting endlessly for elites to respawn.

Now, I'm just sitting back and watching the clowns fall all over themselves at Blizzard HQ.

I cannot 'wait' for the masses to realize that they won't be Flying in WoD and those $$$ mounts will be worthless in current content. The forums will be EPIC.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Not only have I not purchased WoD, I unsubscribed back in November after realizing how much I hated grinding SoO for months and months and sitting around on the TI waiting endlessly for elites to respawn.

Now, I'm just sitting back and watching the clowns fall all over themselves at Blizzard HQ.

I cannot 'wait' for the masses to realize that they won't be Flying in WoD and those $$$ mounts will be worthless in current content. The forums will be EPIC.
    Yeah can only imagine and I was never a sucker to buy stuff from the store..

So can i get a refund of all the time invested in getting my now close to 200 mounts of which a majority is flying mounts that have no business being a ground mount ever. I only ask for 30 dollars / hr in refund and with a couple thousand hours invested in getting them i think it is fair play to just say a flat and even 30,000 will do to compensate me from getting all that i worked so hard for to become useless, just to make some pvp crybabies happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    I'm stocking up popcorn as we speak.

Because 4 fucking threads on this shit wasn't enough. Can we get mods to lock the 3 threads and leave http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ut-entire-xpac open?

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    So can i get a refund of all the time invested in getting my now close to 200 mounts of which a majority is flying mounts that have no business being a ground mount ever. I only ask for 30 dollars / hr in refund and with a couple thousand hours invested in getting them i think it is fair play to just say a flat and even 30,000 will do to compensate me from getting all that i worked so hard for to become useless, just to make some pvp crybabies happy.
    When a new raid tier/expac comes out do you ask for a refund for the gear you spent ages collecting which is now useless?

When a new raid tier/expac comes out do you ask for a refund for the gear you spent ages collecting which is now useless?
    You can't buy gear with real money (yet :P), but you can do that with mounts so compensation atleast for those store mounts shouldn't be totally out of the question.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You can't buy gear with real money (yet :P), but you can do that with mounts so compensation atleast for those store mounts isn't totally out of the question.
    I can only imagine the looks of shock at Blizz when folks start to make demands / requests for refunds on store bought mounts.. lol

I can only imagine the looks of shock at Blizz when folks start to make demands / requests for refunds on store bought mounts.. lol
    I can, they'll just say 'no' and walk off whistling without a care in the world.

There arent as many people that are so against flying that they will quit the game, and chances are there will barley be a dent. Whether or not you want to play, is up to you but acting like the game is going to drop a massive amount is a silly expectation.

As for them breaking your trust, how exactly are they doing that? They never said flying would stay in the game forever, or promised that it would be in the next expansion, so I fail to see where they broke that.

I can, they'll just say 'no' and walk off whistling without a care in the world.
    And that is when they feel the firm grip of shareholders squeezing their balls.

Which is why Blizz have to be careful if they screw this up which is very possible.. But yes in the end when their bottom line goes down big time and the investors get angry well you know the rest.. But unfortunately by then it might be too late but it is a case of who knows and well wait and see..

And really when you look at it the most populous topic at the moment is the no flying after cap bit and could well drown out any other news that comes from Blizz, as in a sense this is one of the most major changes in a long time..
    ATVI is up about 50% in the last year. Subscribers climbed last quarter. And you are really overestimating how many people will quit or unsubscribe because of this. Sure, a lot of people are unscubscribed right now, but they will come back when 6.0 hits, and definitely when WoD launches. There will be tons of new content, new raids, garrisons and they will have a blast doing.. and by the time they get to where they are even thinking about flying mounts. 6.1 will be right around the corner.

And stop this ´most major changes in a long time´. Players could not fly the first few weeks of MoP, players could never fly on Thunder Island, players could never fly on Timeless Island. It really is not that big of a deal and certainly not a major change except for the vocal minority who keep starting new threads, and then get drowned out by people who support the change. Almost every thread that gets started, way more than 50% of the people posting in it disagree with the OP.

Then I guess your complaints are invalid as long as you give them money, you know, :T
    If everyone was going to quit the game over not liking one thing then the game would have NOBODY playing it.
    We can still have constructive criticism of how blizzard are approaching this.
    And the point remains that their "reasons" suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    ATVI is up about 50% in the last year. Subscribers climbed last quarter. And you are really overestimating how many people will quit or unsubscribe because of this. Sure, a lot of people are unscubscribed right now, but they will come back when 6.0 hits, and definitely when WoD launches. There will be tons of new content, new raids, garrisons and they will have a blast doing.. and by the time they get to where they are even thinking about flying mounts. 6.1 will be right around the corner.

And stop this ´most major changes in a long time´. Players could not fly the first few weeks of MoP, players could never fly on Thunder Island, players could never fly on Timeless Island. It really is not that big of a deal and certainly not a major change except for the vocal minority who keep starting new threads, and then get drowned out by people who support the change. Almost every thread that gets started, way more than 50% of the people posting in it disagree with the OP.
    Not talking about the no flying during leveling they are thinking about removing player flying altogether from Draenor.. And Activision/Blizzard bought out Vivendi's share of the company..