Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    nope.jpg

How many expansions with 2mil sub losses do you people need to have before you realize that this game is being abandoned by millions of people and they're not coming back?
    None. I`ll play this game until i`ll be the last subscriber. I don`t care if you guys don`t like this game anymore, it`s your problem, not mine.
    I don`t play a game because it has many subscribers ... i play a game because i like it.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cashcate View Post
    None. I`ll play this game until i`ll be the last subscriber. I don`t care if you guys don`t like this game anymore, it`s your problem, not mine.
    I don`t play a game because it has many subscribers ... i play a game because i like it.

Cheers
    Thing is, they'll ignore people like you and listen to people like me because there's more of us..and more money...than there is with just listening to people like you.

Because we'll leave the game and take our money with us. You? By your own admission, you're not going anywhere, so why the fuck should they care what you think? You're going to pay them regardless as to what they do/say/make, so they don't give a shit what you say or think.

That's why they listen to us and not you.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Preordering ANYTHING six months (maybe even more) before the product comes out is really stupid. Never preorder anything. Wait for revies and full information to be available before throwing away your money.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Am I the only one here who said "Wait... they have the ability to lock individual characters, not just accounts?" :P
    That was discovered by the public when they had that 10 day Cataclysm trial. Any Goblins or Worgens created during the trial were locked once the account fell back into WLK status.

Thing is, they'll ignore people like you and listen to people like me because there's more of us..and more money...than there is with just listening to people like you.
    Hahahahhaha...

That is all.

Because we'll leave the game and take our money with us. You? By your own admission, you're not going anywhere, so why the fuck should they care what you think? You're going to pay them regardless as to what they do/say/make, so they don't give a shit what you say or think.

That's why they listen to us and not you.
    I don`t want them to listen to me or do what i want. It`s their game and i`m pretty sure until now they did what they wanted not you

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Reasons.

Here is a simple list of issues.

WOW makes 3 billion a year, in profit.

• 4 years of mediocre content.
    • 12 months of the same raid (SoO) they have the money to hire a team that can make new content even while developing a new expansion.
    • WOD will be more Orc story, Thrall will maintain his position of Messiah.
    • Weak time travel plot, as an excuse to go back to WarCraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal
    • Spending all of their time making a 2D no fly world, when they need to add more content with flying in mind instead of making less content and disguising it as better for the game. (So yes that would be No Flying)
    • Garrisons, turns out just a consolidated Daily quest hub. ie tons of more Dailies to grind out.
    • Not bothering to update older content, ie Blood Elf and Draenei Start Zones, once again too much effort in a 3 billion dollar a year game.
    • Several new MMOs coming out that are fresh and new, sure they don't have flying. But at least the developers are trying to make a good game, instead of resting on past glory.
    • I have more, but these are the prime issues right now.
    I am almost certain all of this was known BEFORE pre-purchasing WoD (especially as some of it has apparently been building for years according to your list).

So, Blizzard haven't duped you into buying something, you chose to pre-purchase KNOWING all of the above. If I were them i'd just turn around and say no

My advice don't pre-order anything which is still in alpha. With WoD there's zero point in a pre-order, just sit back wait for all the info and the beta to come through and if you want it just purchase the digital version the night before release. In the meantime come join me and a lot of others whilst we sit on the fence trying to decide if this expansion is worth it or not.

thanks for the guide... next time I'll know better and wait >_<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    I am almost certain all of this was known BEFORE pre-purchasing WoD (especially as some of it has apparently been building for years according to your list).

So, Blizzard haven't duped you into buying something, you chose to pre-purchase KNOWING all of the above. If I were them i'd just turn around and say no
    For me it's been their stance on end game. I was fairly excited that they are dialing back LFR and boosting up heroic dungeons and making them viable casual end game. But then the no flying and wanting us to quest at max level in a timeless isle continent that just makes me say NOPE. After hearing the leaks from War Crimes and how this expansion actually comes around I can't help but be disappointed. I am glad I never spent any money on the expansion at this point. Oh, and them constantly cutting back on Garrisons. That doesn't help either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    My advice don't pre-order anything which is still in alpha. With WoD there's zero point in a pre-order, just sit back wait for all the info and the beta to come through and if you want it just purchase the digital version the night before release. In the meantime come join me and a lot of others whilst we sit on the fence trying to decide if this expansion is worth it or not.
    My advice would be to not pre-order or pre-purchase anything at all. I just can not understand why people would do so. Why do you pay for a game without a clue about the games quality? Pre-order bonuses? Yeah, blindly throw your money at a company for a product that could be horrendous to get a few extra weaponskins and an outfit that probably will be sold as DLC later anyway. At the same time the companies learn that they can release subpar games because as long as they offer good enough pre-order bonuses they will get their money and ther sales numbers whatever state the game is in at release. (and Blizzard don't even have pre-order bonuses)

One could hope that the Aliens: Colonial Marines disaster would have taught people this, but so far it seems like that is not happening.

(If you must know: No, I haven't pre-purchased WoD. I probably will closer to release, but at that point we will have a beta to watch and much more information. + it being an expansion to a game I already enjoy so the risks are a bit lower I feel than with a AAA game with only a few gameplay trailers.)

Yea, Annual Pass was my first and last mistake, connected with pre-ordering something. My biggest mistake - I've signed the contract, that had very strict conditions about my obligations, but zero conditions about Blizzard's obligations - no release dates, no info about game features, etc. - only empty promises and misleading advertisement. I.e. they could change everything at any moment, but if you would have said "Wtf? I'm not going to suffer it", they would have said - "You've signed legal contract - now you have to pay". Yea... And suddenly "1.5 year long xpack - no more year long last patches", "immediate access to Beta at the moment, it will be started" and "at early 2012" turned into "10 months of no new content", "wait several weeks in queue for being randomly chosen to be invited into Beta" and "middle of second quarter"... And at the end Diablo 3 appeared to be a crappy game due to being based completely on AH. I think, that devs hoped, that AH-based gameplay should have leaded players to RMAH at some point, cuz BIS gear should have been traded there, which should have allowed them to pump free money from air in originally B2P game. Yea. And then I had to play Cata for 10 months without new content and being unable to unsub. And of course I was forced to buy MOP, which appeared to be crappy xpack at the end too with all of this mandatory dailies/rep grind. And I stuck in MOP till the late November, when I was finally able to quit Wow. No. Since that moment I have a strict rule - no more pre-orders. Never.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

nope.jpg

How many expansions with 2mil sub losses do you people need to have before you realize that this game is being abandoned by millions of people and they're not coming back?
    I'm sure it's because of flying mounts and not a knee jerk reaction from a ridiculous side of the player base.

Which is more likely to you?

"No flying mounts?! Fuck it, I'm gone." How stupid is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Why do people keep insisting that a game company can just throw money at a project and make it bigger and faster?
    That is not how it works.
    That's actually exactly how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    That's actually exactly how it works.
    Yeah money can be used to acquire more resources, but what if there is not enough good resourcers (developers) available?
    Atleast that's Blizzard's current excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Hahahahhaha...

That is all.
    Considering that Blizzard themselves stated that over 100 mil ACCOUNTs (not free trials) were made, and that there is only, what, 7 mil or so players atm? Yea, there ARE more ppl who quit WoW then those who continued to play WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need any of this nonsense if you are a reasonable human and don't pre-order.

"This is the latest response from Customer Support:
    Greetings and thank you for contacting us! This is Game Master Essiasam,

Given that you already have full knowledge of how this works, I've already processed the refund you requested Your account will be downgraded back to Mists of Pandaria on the following hours - when this happens, the character lock you mentioned will be activated. Please make sure that this character doesn't have anything valuable you want to keep as once the character is locked not even us will have any kind of access to it.

If you ever change your mind, you should have no problem purchasing the expansion again on the meantime, hope you enjoy your adventures in Westmarch and if you need anything else, just give us a shout. We're always here for you!"

Cheers for the thread I didn't think about getting it refunded since I'm not playing at the moment.

Pre-ordering is about trust. How can we trust Blizzard after they've held back info about D3+Beta+MOP being delayed by about 3-4 months in order to use post-Blizzcon overhype to make as many people as possible sign contract with unfair conditions? Do you remember those Annual Pass advertising banners? Do you know that misleading advertisement is against law in my country? And now again - we neither know exact release dates, nor any info about game features. How outdoor content will look like? Will it be updated somehow to modern dynamic content standards or it will still be the same outdated pointless mobs grindfest? Will flying be removed completely or will it be unlocked via some quest chain? How grindy will this quest chain be? And some more questions. I won't buy WOD till I will get answers to this questions. If Blizzard won't answer question about flying till the very last moment just before 6.1 - I won't buy game till 6.1. As simple as that. I won't throw 50$ out only to try something.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the great guide. This will be really helpful to a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Reasons.

Here is a simple list of issues.

WOW makes 3 billion a year, in profit.

• 4 years of mediocre content.
    • 12 months of the same raid (SoO) they have the money to hire a team that can make new content even while developing a new expansion.
    • WOD will be more Orc story, Thrall will maintain his position of Messiah.
    • Weak time travel plot, as an excuse to go back to WarCraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal
    • Spending all of their time making a 2D no fly world, when they need to add more content with flying in mind instead of making less content and disguising it as better for the game. (So yes that would be No Flying)
    • Garrisons, turns out just a consolidated Daily quest hub. ie tons of more Dailies to grind out.
    • Not bothering to update older content, ie Blood Elf and Draenei Start Zones, once again too much effort in a 3 billion dollar a year game.
    • Several new MMOs coming out that are fresh and new, sure they don't have flying. But at least the developers are trying to make a good game, instead of resting on past glory.
    • I have more, but these are the prime issues right now.
    Great list. I haven't thought about the garrisons being a clever disguise for more dailies but that makes a lot of sense. It is sad how much they milk wow now.

I'd never preorder because who knows if you're still going to be playing WoW when the next expansion comes out? Life could change. So you might save 5 bucks or whatever, but if you quit WoW you're out 50 bucks.