View Poll Results: Will you buy WoD if there is no flying throughout the entire expansion?

Voters
451. This poll is closed
  • I am currently playing and will play WoD if no flying

268 59.42%
  • I am not currently playing and will come back to play WoD if no flying

118 26.16%
  • I am currently playing and will not play WoD if no flying

31 6.87%
  • I am not currently playing and will not play WoD if no flying

34 7.54%
Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Will you be purchasing WoD if no flying?

I wanted to make a poll to gauge how many people here consider no flying a deal breaker for them, no debate or anything, was just curious on how much of an issue it is here on MMO Champion specifically.

Please keep in mind all of the poll options include you playing or not playing WoD IF there will be no flying at all, not even after the first patch, and throughout the entire expansion.

Edit: I meant to put "playing" instead of "purchasing" in the title, and "will you play" instead of "will you buy" in the poll. Buying and playing can certainly be two different things! If a kind mod sees this and would pretty please change it for me for clarity and for a better and clearer poll/thread that would be great!

Mod-note: Locked the thread, even though differently worded, there is already a thread about this in the Warlords of Draenor General Discussion.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-04-27 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    Don't like these kind of polls, butt hurt people tend to vote no despite actually doing the contrary...

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Don't like these kind of polls, butt hurt people tend to vote no despite actually doing the contrary...
    Well either way, it must be something they're angry about to vote no, so it still shows it's an "issue" for them, I guess.

So I would hope if you are truly voting no, that it is a solid deal breaker for you and you actually will not come back because of this decision. That is what the definition of "deal breaker" means.

yeah without a doubt 99% of the people that vote no will still buy the expansion and stay subbed anyway.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    yeah without a doubt 99% of the people that vote no will still buy the expansion and stay subbed anyway.
    Ah I realized I probably should have worded it as "playing" and not purchasing. That probably would have made the poll a lot more clear in that matter. A lot of people might still buy the expansion but not play it because of no flying or something. I know some people buy it just in case they change it or something.

Deleted
    yeah I will Cata made a huge mistake by allowing everyone to fly at launch although that being said a little disappointing having to wait for a patch to get back into the air rather than max level but oh well

10+ Year Old Account
    If its actually no flying.. I'll buy it twice.

Deleted
    Of course I will. And seeing how many people say that they won't, I'm really looking forward to it, because maybe the starting zones won't be so terribly overcrowded on release day then.
    Even though I'm afraid people's bark is worse than their bite - like always.

Flying ruined the open world encounters, it makes for a boring as hell fantasy experience beyond the first 2-3 trips on your dragon. World pvp is dead in zones without flying restrictions.

So many reasons why they should remove it all toghether. The only pros of flying atm: Is that some content like stormy peaks in wotlk, and ogrila in tbc is only available with flying mounts.

But lets be honest, flying mounts only legit function is flying 30 metres up into the air, to drop you off on a questing platform in outland or on a mountain, adds nothing to gameplay.

It's a bullet point on the ever growing list of cons, but actually answering it yet is too early. Depending on how the rest of the expansion shapes up we will see. Since the pol is only binary and I haven't made a final descison yet, I won't be be voting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying ruins the atmosphere to be honest. It'd be fine if it came out at a later patch though.

GOD! what does it matter, why do you CARE?
    i just don't understand this "i'm gonna stop playing if i can't fly"

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Deleted
    And once again the polls show immediately that most people don't care or are in favour of no flying.

Deleted
    I cant even imagine myself standing there and thinking about whether i should buy a game or not depending on if i can fly or not.. it offers alot of other things.. things that are more important.

So no flying is the least of my worries.

no.

when i am max level i wanna be able to fly.

when questing/leveling i have no problem doing it from the ground.
    even doing some quest chain to unlock flying, im ok with it.
    i just wanna be able to fly at max lvl.

no flying? pff not gonna buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No flying just artificially creates more content. This is going to be the laziest expansion to date.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the option for "Probably not going to play, bought the expansion anyway"

who really cares if you can fly or not? gives the vanilla feel where you had to walk everywhere

I haven't really done all that much flying outside of quickly hopping between the flight master to where I'm going and at the start when I was doing dailies. I could easily do without having flying for dailies (if they're required, if not I won't even bother with them) since it will be designed around players not having flying mounts. As for not being able to fly to the raid instance, ToT was the exact same way, didn't bother me.

Use the flight paths and take the time on flight paths to do something around the house or alt tab and look at something online. I actually like doing this a lot more over spending time flying to my destination, even if it may take less time.

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Flying ruins the atmosphere to be honest. It'd be fine if it came out at a later patch though.
    or never, even better.

It's not THE deal breaker for me. But if many other things suck in the expansion then it can be the last straw so to speak.