View Poll Results: Will you buy WoD if there is no flying throughout the entire expansion?

Voters
451. This poll is closed
  • I am currently playing and will play WoD if no flying

268 59.42%
  • I am not currently playing and will come back to play WoD if no flying

118 26.16%
  • I am currently playing and will not play WoD if no flying

31 6.87%
  • I am not currently playing and will not play WoD if no flying

34 7.54%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Yes, I will be playing WoD, even if it doesn't have flying.

And for those who won't be playing WoD because it doesn't have flying, might I suggest a game for you? Will Aion be sufficient?

I don't know why the kerfuffle over flying is still being talked about - flying is a part of World of Warcraft, not the main feature(s). Just enjoy the ride while its in progress.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Loxley View Post
    If its actually no flying.. I'll buy it twice.
    I feel the same. Flying really damaged the game.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

I've already bought it. Now I may or may not keep playing depending on how easy it is to travel from one end to another. If it ends up be a 10 min flight, that I have to do every raid night, then I may stop playing. I have to try it first. (Gathering will also be a big deal breaker for me). Things I will miss without having flying are the changes in terrain, can't really have all the little spires in Jade Forest, nor the islands in Townlong Steppes, that have some neat things hiding on them without flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxley View Post
    If its actually no flying.. I'll buy it twice.
    I wouldn't throw my money away so quickly, but yeah, I'd be as delighted as that if No Flying in Draenor happened for the entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazienne View Post
    I don't really see the point of these kinds of threads. If you're not playing WoW now and have no intention of returning, or are dead set on quitting just because of a change like that, why are you even on these boards? This is a WoW fan site. Its meant for people who actually enjoy the game.
    There's a problem with this thinking - you assume disagreement of not-flying also means people don't-enjoy the game. To them, not-flying is a bad aspect of the game and they're voicing their opinion. Personally, I think flying was a net negative and should never have happened; that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the game in spite of that.
    time is money - money is power - power corrupts

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    In what way?

Didn't it actually peak, and 2 of the most beloved expansions came out, with flying in the game?

I've been playing for 6 years and I haven't had anything ruined by flying. Not a single thing. Mind you, I don't gank people...but that's pretty much all. How did flying damage the game objectively speaking?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    I wanted to make a poll to gauge how many people here consider no flying a deal breaker for them, no debate or anything, was just curious on how much of an issue it is here on MMO Champion specifically.

Please keep in mind all of the poll options include you playing or not playing WoD IF there will be no flying at all, not even after the first patch, and throughout the entire expansion.

Edit: I meant to put "playing" instead of "purchasing" in the title, and "will you play" instead of "will you buy" in the poll. Buying and playing can certainly be two different things! If a kind mod sees this and would pretty please change it for me for clarity and for a better and clearer poll/thread that would be great!
    What exactly was it that led you to think we needed another topic about this? Were the 20+ already here not enough for you?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    Precisely. If they'd kept it as a sporadic quest gimmick it would have been awesome. Now everyone's so used to being able to jump outside of the environment for movement that they picture every game without flying mounts absurd.

A mmo champ poll does not do justice 2 what the Wow commuity acutaly thinks.. if they remove flying 4 the whole X-Pack they will loose a good 3 - 5 millions subs. They might take it out for 1 patch.. but when they see they have lose over 4 or 5 millions subs it will b brought back there not gonna loose all that money over not having flying.. once they see how much ppl is gone it will b there agin They wont let that happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    In what way?

Didn't it actually peak, and 2 of the most beloved expansions came out, with flying in the game?

I've been playing for 6 years and I haven't had anything ruined by flying. Not a single thing. Mind you, I don't gank people...but that's pretty much all. How did flying damage the game objectively speaking?
    You're acting as if flying was the SOLE reason TBC and WOTLK atracted as many players as it id. You'd never be able to tell if that was the case, or not for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked the thread, even though differently worded, there is already a thread about this in the Warlords of Draenor General Discussion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..