Thread: Mega Server

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Red face Mega Server

I wanted to hear people what they think about it.I play it already from two weeks and i quite like it.There are some good and bad things about it.

Pros:
    - Full maps
    - Easier to level and do events
    - No more 2 guesting passes per day
    - Boss Timers

Cons:
    - Can't move the whole raid/guild/party in the same map from the get go.
    - Temples and the traits connected with them are not thought very well
    - RP is also screwed
    - Guild missions need revamp.So guilds don't bump into one another
    - Also scaling makes 80s to OP and low characters under powered.
    - Recruiting for WvW guilds is almost non-existent anymore
    Last edited by deragot7; 2014-04-29 at 08:10 AM.

Deleted
    My personal idea's about it:

Pros:
    - Meeting more people, I like to meet people :3
    - Dungeons are more popular again
    - Temples I need to be at done again, like Balthazar
    - Many people doing the bosses, and they got a bit stronger
    - No more guesting etc needed for open dungeons like CoF.

Cons:
    - All events are done constantly, and I used to level quickly by doing these but they're harder to find.
    - No more FG champion train. It was nice if you really needed some money.
    - Agreed on the Temples issue
    - Same bosses every day :<

I haven't played that often the past days yet tho so I have to this is what I experienced so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice for leveling and having some sort of community but it fucks up the RP community and tends to get TC mixed up with Blackgate (and they are really butthurt after the wvw treaty between JQ-TC), the other main issue it currently has is world bosses, specially tequatl and wurm, the megaservers are so conflictive that they fuck up TTS preparations for the fight making you fight against the servers because people from other guilds that are not focused on killing him get into the fight without even knowing what to do.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

I notice only small differences in my play sessions. Mostly I wander around random zones in-between guild group runs of... whatever they may be doing that day.

The meta events are more populated. But it still varies depending on where you are at in the world- there really are never going to be tons of people in Dreadhaunt or Timberline Falls, I think.

Pros:
    No worries about failed events
    Can do temples regularly.
    I like having a regular schedule when I feel like doing a world event.

Cons:
    Events are just over populated. I wish they'd reduce the server pop max to more manageable levels.
    New Shadow Behemoth is nice, but now takes too long if numbers are lower, while still not scaling well.
    Players are just uninformed. They don't know what megaservers are. They advertise for guilds without saying where they're based from. They don't know how to look at the schedule...

This hasn't gone too well for Tarnished Coast (an already high pop server with a healthy RP population).

Pro:
    + Orr and some of the emptier zones are slightly more populated. Yay.

Cons:
    -Ruins guild events. Hard to get in the same instance/server as your guild.
    -Ruins recruiting for guilds on maps, especially ones that are server specific like WvW guilds. Not like we have server specific forums either.
    -Hard to find RP. It's split the entire RP population across different servers, making it difficult to find someone in a populated RP-area.
    -Maps actually seem emptier. I always seem to get into unpopulated servers, despite TC being my home server as well as being in a TC guild.
    -The guild/server thing making you more likely to get into your home megaserver? Yeah, doesn't work.
    -Community is especially toxic to TC, and vice versa.
    -Server communities are getting absolutely destroyed.

A solution would be turning off the megaserver thing for capital cities.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2014-04-29 at 05:01 AM.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Yea i don't understand why Cities had to be in the Mega server.They were good social community hubs,specially for RP.
    Also you could go and ask there when help was needed in WvW borderlands.And not only that but how can you recruit for a WvW guild now in game?Maybe some kind of global WvW chanel conecting home servers in the cities only may fix this issue.

What i really love is seeing the maps bursting with people.For leveling is great.I also like the new Boss timers,because there are some events that i almost never did before like Tadiha Convington.No one was coming to do that event.
    Last edited by deragot7; 2014-04-29 at 09:11 AM.

Pro: Dungeons are more popular again
    Yeah - finding that as we can no longer do Teq/Karka/Temples with our guildies/other friends from our home server, we're doing a lot more dungeons and fractals instead

Deleted
    I'm still mad about the boss timers. And other people have said 'why don't you do it with your guild?'

Well, those geniuses of my guild decided to do them... in the weekends <_< I can't do them during weekdays, WHY
    I'm almost considering joining another guild just for the bosses lol.

I think they need to either move what guild you are repping up higher in the priority for deciding what version of the map you get put on or give use real actual parties for more than five people. I was streaming a jumping puzzle event with one of my guilds on Wed and we had 8 people. Everytime we went to a different map we had to have one person switch to the other party so we could get everyone on the same map. Joining a squad didn't help either :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I think they need to either move what guild you are repping up higher in the priority for deciding what version of the map you get put on or give use real actual parties for more than five people. I was streaming a jumping puzzle event with one of my guilds on Wed and we had 8 people. Everytime we went to a different map we had to have one person switch to the other party so we could get everyone on the same map. Joining a squad didn't help either :/
    I concurr with the doge overlord (overlordess), i'm on possibly the biggest guild (conglomerate) in GW2 (dedicated guild, not like tequatl where you join for just bosskills) and the megaserver interferes with some guild events and our overall organization, guild missions get into a more complicated state than before, disecting our players.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    This.

And I agree with you completely. We should have the ability to form groups up to 40 people. I mean, why not? That'd be great for WvW guilds, and especially helpful when organizing multiple zergs. Is it just because they don't want to make fancy UI art (I still think their UI is a little overbearingly artsy at times) or code it?

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Deleted
    A join group option does sound nice in my ears. I wouldn't even care that much for buffs or anything - or other advantages of a party like overall damage hit for loot, but it would be perfect for joining the same megaserver, or seeing where everyone is at (like in WvW, if nobody has a tag up it's hell to find the group).
    Yeah I'd want that.

If else, shows us with yellow dots instead of blue where guildmembers are at?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    This.

And I agree with you completely. We should have the ability to form groups up to 40 people. I mean, why not? That'd be great for WvW guilds, and especially helpful when organizing multiple zergs. Is it just because they don't want to make fancy UI art (I still think their UI is a little overbearingly artsy at times) or code it?
    Don't we have this already? Squads or something?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Squads are not really the same like a bigass party. You cannot see where your squadmembers are running. Also it doesn't seem to have any effect if you are in a squad when joining a megaserver. These are two things I would have liked to see.

mega already brought some problems to ppl...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Don't we have this already? Squads or something?
    As far as I can tell, squads only make it so you can see the one commander tag of the person you're following and none of the other commander tags on the map (to help avoid confusion).

You will still only see your own group in the party frames and if you are far from the commander/zerg, you can still only see your party members' locations on the map.

For me it goes like this.

Pros:
    -Always people at boss events.
    -Certain group events which could be annoying to deal with in terms of map completion/other activities are done regularly.
    -Always people on a champ train.
    -Boss schedule makes some events easier to do regularly.

Cons:
    -Some tasks are made more difficult by numerous other players(morons spamming revives right as some NPC drops, insuring no one gets credit for a Reviver daily since they have to be down a small amount of time before it counts; people kiting mobs on top of you as you're trying to gather/busy fighting something else already)
    -Inflexible boss schedule means do it at this time or be forced to wait until next time in the rotation/never get to do it anymore.
    -Waypoints always being contested until you enter the map increasing travel time/waypoint fees.

A lot of it feels like it was just aimed at slowing down the ability to earn gold and add more money sinks under the pretense of making things easier on people. If they really wanted to make things easier, they would have:
    -Eliminated intra-map waypoint costs, much like it is in cities.
    -Made boss spawn schedules more flexible, with multiple bosses up simultaneously in a time slot to give people more choice in what boss they do when.

Just like all things Anet does, the idea was good in theory, but poorly thought out and executed. Just like the new trait system. Very, very bad execution. Although I'm not surprised by any of it. If there's one thing Anet can do right, it's not doing anything right :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    As far as I can tell, squads only make it so you can see the one commander tag of the person you're following and none of the other commander tags on the map (to help avoid confusion).

You will still only see your own group in the party frames and if you are far from the commander/zerg, you can still only see your party members' locations on the map.
    It does also give /squad chat so people can talk to everyone in the squad at one time. Which is also a convenient way to make sure everyone did join the squad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Just like all things Anet does, the idea was good in theory, but poorly thought out and executed. Just like the new trait system. Very, very bad execution. Although I'm not surprised by any of it. If there's one thing Anet can do right, it's not doing anything right :P.
    Well considering then went from "we'll roll it out the rest of the way later this year" to "it's rolled out everywhere" in the space of a week it's not surprising there are issues. Had a problem with guild missions last night because we happened to get the Frostgorgesound rush when Jormag was starting up. Couldn't get everyone together