Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nobody survived my 25 man raid's first Elegon kill. He hit his enrage timer at sub 1%. The explosion killed literally everybody. Except I played a Blood DK and my Purgatory kept me up for 3 seconds. I hit him with two Strikes and DoTs from my fallen companions killed Elegon just as I expired.

The chest bugged out and wouldn't give us our loot (a GM later had to manually award our raid the loot after they confirmed our kill). But that was our first kill and we got to advance to Will of the Emperor.

Mumble was absolutely hilarious when it all went down. And I felt like a total badass being the only person standing against the boss even though I was technically dead.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    Reminds me of my guild's one and only attempt at "A Tribute to Immortality"... We had one person die on Anub when he had about 1% health left, and after that happened the guild leader never wanted to even try it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Nobody survived my 25 man raid's first Elegon kill. He hit his enrage timer at sub 1%. The explosion killed literally everybody. Except I played a Blood DK and my Purgatory kept me up for 3 seconds. I hit him with two Strikes and DoTs from my fallen companions killed Elegon just as I expired.

The chest bugged out and wouldn't give us our loot (a GM later had to manually award our raid the loot after they confirmed our kill). But that was our first kill and we got to advance to Will of the Emperor.

Mumble was absolutely hilarious when it all went down. And I felt like a total badass being the only person standing against the boss even though I was technically dead.
    i remember during cata during the Chimaeron fight in black wing descent, he was around 1% when he finally aggroed onto me, everybody else died (ret pally at the time) i managed to pop my bubble during that period and managed to put some last hits in and i managed to kill him off. it was fucking close, and epic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Closest I've ever had was an al'akir pug back in 4.0, both tanks died around 4%, so he started meleeing everyone down, I soulshattered so I'd be last to go down. With just a tiny bit of health left, he meleed me for about 70% of my health, hit again and by some miracle missed, and then curse of doom crit and finished him off, everyone went insane shortly after, probably one of my favorite raid memories to this day.

Deleted
    Almost every tier there has been a fight where the last person dies simultaneously with the boss. One of the most memorable ones was my first kill of Al'akir. I was last the man standing, playing prot paladin, the combat log looked something like this:
    Code:
    Paladin hits Al'akir for X.
    Al'akir hits Paladin for Y.
    Paladin dies.
    Hammer of Wrath hits Al'Akir for Z.
    Al'akir dies.

Deleted
    H Iron Jug. I am the raid leader and the last man standing, never spammed SW: D so hard in mi life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V2Y0cmER1Y

a half year ago when my guild was progressing on thok 10 man, everyone died except out prot pala at around 10%

our prot pala then continued to tickle the boss for 5 minutes, taking down those last 10%. how he managed to do that i have no idea, but he did it. everyone was just screaming of joy :-D

10+ Year Old Account
    Our first Nazgrim normal kill, I was only one alive:

http://i.imgur.com/v8kB6Bk.jpg

If I wouldn't have had my cloak on at that time, I would've been dead after the boss died cause I had the debuff ticking on me... And ye... HT costs so much mana -_-

Also... soloed Galakras roughly from 10-15 mil to 0 several times...

Deleted
    This (skip to around 10 min):

I have had numerous heroic boss kills where I was the last person left alive.

In last tier, it happened on heroic Ji Kun a couple of times. In this tier, it's happened on heroic malkorok more than once. There are other bosses here and there, but having me (as the tank) survive after everyone else died and lasting long enough for the boss to die isn't all that uncommon.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

What a coincidence someone would make a thread like this. I think I'll contribute a little cantrip. Just this last night we were on normal Garrosh. Phase three began and the hectic "can we kill him before adds/MCs kill us" part of the fight comes up. Main tank gets MC'd and runs wild. Offtank dies with like 11 stacks of debuff. Now he's running wild. He smacks me (feral druid) down in one hit before I can hit my HotW/SI. Everyone else is dead but the shadow priest. Shadow priest dies. 156k health on Garrosh. Much cussing followed.

On the other side of things we had a super close kill from Blade Lord Ta'yak in Heart of Fear. He was a big hurdle for us. We only beat him about 10 times before the patch was over. One memorable incident he was down to his last few percents. Me, warrior tank, and healer priest are all that's left alive. Priest dies. I died. Warrior's getting chipped down by the aoe but his Second Wind prevents him from dying. We're all listening as DBM ticks down to his berserk timer. We hear his berserk yell...immediately followed by his death yell. Prot warrior tank ftw!
    Last edited by cparle87; 2014-04-29 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Added second story.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    a half year ago when my guild was progressing on thok 10 man, everyone died except out prot pala at around 10%

our prot pala then continued to tickle the boss for 5 minutes, taking down those last 10%. how he managed to do that i have no idea, but he did it. everyone was just screaming of joy :-D
    It's because of the roar thok does. After a certain number of stacks, he more or less stops doing anything except his AOE roar. The roar does much less damage than his actual attacks and it isn't too hard to heal through with tank self heals. I had an experience similar to this on heroic thok the other day...

When heroic thok reaches 30 stacks, his next roar does a shit ton of damage, more or less insta-gibs the entire raid, only tanks tend to survive this. I was the only survivor, however this effect only happens once. All subsequent roars/stacks do normal damage. I was able to stand there self healing and surviving for quite a while before the raid leader decided I should just let him kill me. :< That situation happens now and again because our healers like to let him push right on the 29th or 30th stack and sometimes they heal a little too much and he doesn't push so everyone dies hehe. Healing rain OP.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I've had several close kills:

My best (close kill) was on Heroic Trial of Beasts in HToC 25man. I was a horde troll warrior but transferred alliance to tank for a guild called Absolute. When I transferred over I did all the alliance quests (including low leveled ones) and got that one immunity potion, Light of Elune, from the Ashenvale quest. I was saving the item specifically, but for what I did not know.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=5816/light-of-elune

On one of our pulls we had just cleared both worms but had suffered a bit too many deaths during phase 2, meaning we wouldn't meet the enrage for phase 3. However we persevered anyways. The boss was around 3% hp when he enraged and did his final run to the middle and stomp the ground, which would 1 shot all of us. 2 holy paladins used divine shield, and I used my potion for the immunity. We dodged the yeti charge and he got stunned from hitting the wall. The three of us attempted to burn him down, however we failed to kill him. Seeing as how I should have had highest threat (being a tank and all) I decided I would kite as long as possible, hopping the two remaining paladins could hammer of wrath the boss to death.

To my dismay, apparently the Light of Elune had made me lose all threat and the yeti proceeded to kill both of the paladins, leaving only me alive. As he attempted to come in and melee me, he decided to do his frost breath instead. This is where luck came through, for some reason he never stopped casting his frost breath. An never ending blue flog flooded out of his mouth, but I was not in range for it to hurt him. It probably was related to the Light of Elune being used but you can never truly know. Regardless, I sat at a comfortable 30 yards away as to not be hit by the breath, and threw daggers at the last 2% the boss had untill it died.

---------------
    Our guild's first Heroic Ultraxion kill was pretty close;

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/Lerr...tml?sort=3&o=5
    ---------------

Our first normal KT kill:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...809_211235.jpg
    ---------------

Our 'amzing tank's' Prince kill:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...107_210751.jpg
    ---------------

Our first Cho'gall kill because of dots:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...411_191517.jpg
    Last edited by Sianl; 2014-04-29 at 10:09 AM.
    twitch.tv/lerris15

15+ Year Old Account
    my guilds first illidan kill (server 4th) back in the day, things started to fall apart in the last phase (or phases as the last 2 rotated) off the top of my head I forget what triggered it, but one by one everyone started dying, until just the healers were left. Illidan killed with much joy, and our meagre smite, wrath and lightning bolt healer dps wasn't looking hopeful. As the last healer left alive Illidan ran for me, vent was going mental, while I spammed wrath! I lucked out a bit, had Illidan come in with a regular melee attack I'd have died with him only having a few hundred Hp left. But Lady luck shone on us that day, and Illidan went to do his Jumping attack, which left this resto druid able to get one extra Wrath cast.

Illidan had jumped up high to execute me, but was defeated in mid air, immediately dropping to the ground to bow before a superior force that was this resto druid!

(to make it even better my CR was on CD and it was before Druids had a OoC res, so I had to /dance for a few minutes alone while everyone ran back xD)

Madness (Normal) in DS i was the only one standing after enrage thx to pala bubble dots finished him before my bubble went down

Deleted
    My raid had a really "close" kill in the beginning of this expansion, even if it may not be "close" in the terms of this thread.

The kill that I would easily call the closest thing my raid has ever gotten was the heroic sha of fear kill in terrace of endless springs 25 man. While the kill itself was pretty solid, it was the timing that was close to say the least. Not only was that monday night our last night before the servers went down, the ToT-patch would hit and the cutting edge FoS that we we were working on really hard would be removed. In fact, it was our very last attempt which already exceeded our usual raiding hours by quite a bit and only took place after every raidmember voted for that one final attempt. And then, after a long night of really really shitty attempts, followed by one rather good and close wipe we got a pretty solid kill on our very last possible attempt before the FoS would be removed and ToT rolled out.
    Nerd screams the like of which haven't been heard since vanilla ragnaros. Good stuff.

For me that easily beats every last man standing kill I ever had. We were THAT close to just having to give up.

Deleted
    Has got to be Vael (but then again when wasn't vael a close kill?)
    all tanks have dropped, boss is at 10%, TS is going crazy, boss is at 5%, just about half the raid is dead, boss is at 2% only a handful of players alive, a brave mage is kiting him all around the room with our warlock classleader pelting him with instant shadow bolts, boss is at 1%, last person just about to kiss the floor, hunter pops out of feign death, runs for dear life.
    Boom goes Curse of Doom.
    Boss dead, the nerdgasms!

few weeks ago our 10man guild on malkorok heroic. 1-2 people died early due to carelessness, then a healer died from something or w/e. next the other healer died. boss is down to 5%. theres like 4 people alive trying to soak puddles. using immunities they stayed alive slowly getting meleed by the boss till our tank finished him off then died at the same time.

we had a close almost h. paragons kill too. had like 6 people alive with only 1 tank, kilruk and ka'roz up. ka'roz throws his amber thing, it misses everyone.. boss is at like 10%. then our tank dies..and we are like.. fuck. this is after our week of progression on them.

On my warlock I stayed alive for about 30 seconds with my disc priest friend on our first Iron Qon heroic kill. He already had many stacks of <his buff> as you may imagine. Soulshatter, teleport, gateway etc. to play around with aggro while trying to squeeze off touches of chaoses. Got healed through 2 or 3 fist smashes by my shields and my friend.

Then on our second Malkorok heroic kill, things were starting to get ugly in our second blood rage phase. I knew the tank had gone down and saw Malkorok running around snuffing people out. We managed to get him just as he was coming for me with my aggro in the red. I snicker and cheer for myself a bit on Mumble, then realize I"m the only one alive, and go around teabagging everyone.

I'm a superhero.