Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I will as always level as sub. Start with cheap shot and ... oh wait mob is already dead. Combined with the glyph that refreshes snd and recup after each mob and you've won but that should every rogue do for leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidlol View Post
    I will as always level as sub. Start with cheap shot and ... oh wait mob is already dead. Combined with the glyph that refreshes snd and recup after each mob and you've won but that should every rogue do for leveling.
    If you level as Assassination you don't even need to stealth to begin with. You just mut > rupture and move on pretty much, the mob dies from your DoT's.

Assassination is the way to go(Spec&Glyphs). Sub is better for bursting and has the shortest burst CD, no doubt about that. Combat has really good CD's, no doubt about that. But in reality, you don't need burst or CD's. I see people saying they can(as sub) burst down mobs with 8m health. That is all fine and dandy, but it's not really relevant. If the mob health and damage stays the same as it has the past couple of xpacks(as the video with monk gameplay on the front page would suggest), it will be around 120% of player health if in regular gear. For heroic raiders the mob health will stay at maybe 90% of player health until mid/late 90s.

The absolute fastest way of leveling is chain pulling. It is not mass pull and aoe, it is not burst. Let's say your dot's can take out 50% of a mobs hp. That means you technically only have to deal half the damage of what a non dot build have to do. Get the mob to 50%, apply dots, move on to the next mob. You can easily use a dmg-meter to calculate how much damage a full rupture and full deadly poison will do, and calculate how much hp you need to remove from the mob in order for it to die from your dots.

Combat; is very dependant on cooldowns to do alot of damage. At the start, it is possible that combat will be effective because of high haste, but this will diminish fast. Also, mobs are likely to die even before your KS has finished, making it partly wasted. Spamming sinister strike and evicserate will likely just be flat out lower sustain than assassination.
    Sub; has a good burst, but is highly dependant on stealth. If you accidentally aggro another mob, you will be forced to slowly take it down, or vanish and have it evade, also it is a likely threat to be caught out of stealth while looting a plant or something similar for a quest. Furthermore, the facing requirement of BS will deny you from using your highest damage filler, unless the mob is dead within a cheap shot, waiting 20s for kidney between mobs will be too slow.

Now to the power of the spec and assasination;
    -Nightstalker coupled with BoS(and a stack of 5 scrolls of pandaren step-enchants in your backpack to re-enchant new boots) will ensure that you run at ground mount speed everywhere. It will also give you the option for strong ambush openers.
    -Leeching poison, coupled with glyph of recuperate, glyph of recovery, glyph of deadly momentum and the improved recuperate perk will give you the survivability to chain mobs without dieing.
    -VM and the improved VM perk will ensure solid energy regeneration while chaining, and the "get energy back based on time left on rupture"-part, coupled with marked for death, will ensure you will start every fight with 100% energy if you chose not to chain mobs.
    -If you chose not to chain mobs, glyph of energy, and the energy back from time left on rupture from VM, as well as marked for death gives amazing burst potential for assassination on every fight. If you use nightstalker aswell, you will get to push off ambush, double mutilate, into envenom and then rupture, wich should kill the mob, and give you full energy again.
    -Improved SnD perk will be a quality of life change for leveling, and improved tempest with improved poisons will give you a decent ability to aoe mass mobs.
    -Named mobs are likely to be few and far enough apart for vendetta to be used every time, easily giving you the ability to take them down just like any other mob.

The "sustained burst" of assassination is going to outperform the two other specs easily, as CD's and extreme burst has no use in leveling in general, and should be used on named mobs/elites.

It is important to remember that this is for fast paced solo questing, as other specs might outperform this in group play with a tank and/or a healer for insane aoe-pulls.
    Last edited by Noorac; 2014-05-10 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    I levelled as assassination in MoP and it was beyond painful. every level I gained, killing went slower and slower since haste percentages went down.
    so I will go with combat this time.
    That makes no sense, because Combat revolves around haste.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shaidlol View Post
    You not hit 90 on your rogue yet or something? I had bis DS gear and that only happened until maybe 88, then they live through your stun after which hemo spam was garbage and definitely in dread wastes they would survive your FW a lot of the time. Assassination was way faster and you got the legendary procs a lot more which basically let you instagib a mob even in DW.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    That makes no sense, because Combat revolves around haste.....
    Combat is faster than assassination at any gear level.

10+ Year Old Account
    For people who are looking back at the 85-90 range, I think it's key to remember that rogues will be giving up anticipation (/gasp) for MFD that wasn't present anytime prior to now. It's game-changing for quick solo mobs for all 3 specs -- but I think combat will benefit the most. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kael View Post
    For people who are looking back at the 85-90 range, I think it's key to remember that rogues will be giving up anticipation (/gasp) for MFD that wasn't present anytime prior to now. It's game-changing for quick solo mobs for all 3 specs -- but I think combat will benefit the most. Time will tell.
    I've already switched from anticipation to mfd. It took a little getting used to but I think I like MfD more, now.

Too early to set anything in stone but most likely combat to begin with just because I got way better weapons for combat than sub/assassination. Assassination as offspec just to have it there if it's needed. Combat seems promising so far but as I said, it's a bit too early to decide yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorac View Post
    -Nightstalker coupled with BoS(and a stack of 5 scrolls of pandaren step-enchants in your backpack to re-enchant new boots) will ensure that you run at ground mount speed everywhere. It will also give you the option for strong ambush openers.
    The movement speed increases didn't work with fleet footed passive, right? I assume there is no confirmation yet if fleet footed is present in wod or not.
    Last edited by Jiigeri; 2014-05-11 at 08:17 AM.

Deleted
    I'll be leveling as Assassination, always been fond of the spec ever since they removed the directional requirements on Mutilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigeri View Post
    The movement speed increases didn't work with fleet footed passive, right? I assume there is no confirmation yet if fleet footed is present in wod or not.
    They're changing how movement speed increases stack in WoD, all passive speed boosts will stack additively.