Poll: Do you want 'Mount 2.0' to happen?

Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    Deleted

Mount 2.0 (Mount Revamp + Fan Made Infographic inside!)

What ho,

So I like thinking up ways in which WoW could possibly be improved, and here's one of my ideas in the form of an infographic.

This time, I tackle the subject of mounts. No - I am not suggesting the removal of flying mounts or anything like that. This is purely about making ground mounts more exciting, customizable, and awesome.

Update 1: Updated version of the infographic now available; clarifies Traits and renames Primary and Lesser Traits to Primeval and Subdued Traits.

Update 2: What an overwhelming response! I've been coming up with concepts for Blizzard games for years, but none have been as successful as this one. Thank you for all comments, shares, feedback, and so on!

Update 3: Mini-update to the infographic! I've cleaned up my language a little bit, added two new traits, and emphasised that certain Traits are unavailable in PvP. The next update will be bigger, and introduce something completely new.

Update 4: The big update is here! The interface has been cleaned up; new Traits have been added; offensive Traits have been removed; all Traits are now categorized as either Utility, Movement, or Defensive Traits; Unique Trait state has been added; Primeval Traits can now be swapped out freely (unless Unique).

Support this idea elsewhere - bring it to the eyes of Blizzard employees!
    Official WoW EU Forum
    Official WoW US Forum (Thread made by Sícarius on my behalf - thank you!)

If you like this idea, please check out my World Enhancement Patch infographic as well!
    World Enhancement Patch - MMO-Champion Thread
    World Enhancement Patch - Official WoW EU Forum Thread

Mod-note: Changed the title a little.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2014-05-05 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    why are we not supporting this

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. It offers additional progression that isn't power related.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually totally awesome, post it on the official site if you haven't yet.

Deleted
    Hire this guy Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great stuff

Stupid and pointless. Mounts have already become a much bigger focus of the game than they ever should have been.

Just by skimming before heading back to work, this looks outstanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post it to official site, please. I am in support of this so much, I was pro-no flying this xpac before and with this being official addition, I'd be for it even more. Plus, WoD is pretty empty as far as features go, this would be really amazing. Damn it Blizzard, you have to adopt this idea.

This is actually really damn cool.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Thats quite alot of work you put in there.
    I like it.

Deleted
    Thanks for the support!

I have posted it on the official EU forum, as that's where my account is located. No responses as of yet, but feel free to go there and kickstart the thread if you want Blizzard Blues to spot it!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10494680460

Props for presentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

I actually already name my mounts even though the UI doesn't support it. It would be cool if it did.

Keg Boozely the Brewfest Kodo is my favorite.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account

Want. Must Have.

Especially the Mount naming part. Traits are cool, but that mount naming...

The faster riding speed things are cool too. Grand Master Riding should be implemented in the face of no-flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Came in expecting something contrived and pointless, but I got to admit a lot of this actually excited me and for a minute I forgot I wasn't looking at something made by Blizzard, good job with this OP

Deleted
    I kind of like this idea. At first I thought it was a "customise your mount" type thing, but seeing skills on the mount is kind of nice.

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Stupid and pointless. Mounts have already become a much bigger focus of the game than they ever should have been.
    Sorry but I'm with this guy. Why do I need to name my mount? Who cares? Increase in speed is okay but the traits are pointless. There are way too many mounts to have individual traits for all of them. Mounts should just be used to get from point A to point B. They removed combat benefits from professions and you think they'd add them in for mounts?

You put in a lot of effort and it looks good but overall I don't like the concept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Deleted
    Cool ideas, Blizzard should take a look at it.