Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is a very big fly dangerous to humans?

Please help. I usually have to take care of my family pomeranian when my parents go out, and I usually leave the balcony door open for her to potty sometimes. Somehow and unexpectedly as I went to go close the door today, a really big fly flew in. The fly is big enough so that you can see its hairy body and colored eyes. It is 4:24 PM when I type this, and my parents do not come home until 7:00 PM minimum. I was so terrified by the size of the fly and the incessant buzzing sound it made that I locked myself along with my dog in the second half of the house; the fly is currently in the living room with no lights, windows, or doors to escape from.

There are no fly sprays in the house right now, and I am too scared to try to kill that thing with my own hands. I just want to ask if it is particularly dangerous to come in contact with a fly of this size.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Deleted
    I dunno but I always worry about inhaling flys and moths and stuff and them fluttering around inside my lungs - even though I know your lungs arn't just big empty sacks. I don't think flies are exactly dangerous, though. A few weeks ago I was staying in a hotel and a wasp got in the room and we called a member of the hotel staff up to get rid of it because it was really scary though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus fucking christ.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

What is this...?

Even for you, this is new levels of "google must be broken" strange.

Deleted
    It must be incredibly large for anyone to be scared of a regular fly. O_O
    Oh.. and pics or it didnt happen :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You should call the police.

Deleted
    depends

did the fly behave strangely? if it flies towards you it clearly wants to eat you alive. you may want to call the flybusters or your local police department

Deleted
    If it's just a normal fly, open a window.

If it's yellow and stripey you're looking at a hornet or something...if not it's a fly, seriously, just open a window okay? Don't freak out =P

It will slay you, feast on your entrails and lay eggs in your eyeballs. It will also mind control the dog to feast on you as well. Then the larvae will burst out and conquer east Asia.

Or, judging by you going offline in less than 5 minutes after posting it, it already did. Let's pray for our brothers and sisters in aforementioned part of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is where you put the hallucinogenic drugs away and visit a hospital and/or rehab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs.
    But not flies, flies are bad m'kay >:

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I dunno but I always worry about inhaling flys and moths and stuff and them fluttering around inside my lungs - even though I know your lungs arn't just big empty sacks. I don't think flies are exactly dangerous, though. A few weeks ago I was staying in a hotel and a wasp got in the room and we called a member of the hotel staff up to get rid of it because it was really scary though.
    The idea of inhaling it by accident is what scares me the most actually, especially given its size. The tiny flies are not menacing at all, given the fact that you can't even distinguish them from little dots most of the time. But I do wonder what people think of the very big and hairy ones.

It's probably a horse fly, and be careful...they do bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    depends

did the fly behave strangely? if it flies towards you it clearly wants to eat you alive. you may want to call the flybusters or your local police department
    It frequently buzzed around me wherever I went and attempted to get into the cardboard box of some leftover food I was trying to enjoy.

I have a monstrous fear of all kinds of visible insects other than the ones that are too small to distinguish to be afraid of.

Exercise stand your ground/castle doctrine.
    It could be a NSA spy drone.

Deleted
    It's trying to have sex with your mother.

Burn the whole place. Only way to be sure.

How old are you? 5? No flys are not dangerous. Open the window and shoo it outside.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

It's just as scared of you as.... well, never mind.

I've been bitten by a Horse Fly (and those suckers are huge, that one was the size of a grown man's thumb), and it hurt like hell. However, it's very rare to find a dangerous one in this part of the world (assuming you're in the US). Just whack it with a newspaper or trap it under a cup.