Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Intolerance towards refugees

So I'm from Bulgaria, and we have a few thousand refugees from Syria that came here through the Turkish border. They have been attempts to integrate them into the society outside of the refugee centers, so 3 families (17 people) were put in a house, in a village of about a 1000, for which the refugees paid with their own money.
    About 150 people from the village gathered, started protesting, saying that the refugees might be dangerous, and forced them to leave the village one day after they had arrived. It is important to mention that most people from the village didn't even see the refugees or talk to them, but they were still protesting all day. The village is rather away from the capital, so the population there isn't very familiar with new people, but this doesn't excuse them.
    Now there is a huge discussion here about intolerance. What do you think ?
    Link to the whole story:
    http://www.novinite.com/articles/160...es+-+Ombudsman
    Last edited by haxartus; 2014-04-29 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, unfortunately these people are just dicks and make Bulgaria look bad.

Deleted
    I think it's incredibly dumb to 'integrate' them into a tiny village. As you said, small town people don't take well to newcomers so I see no reason why this was done in the first place. These refugees need to be relocated to the big city where people are used to social interaction and have learnt to accept people from all walks of life. This just sounds like a social experiment, something you shouldn't put refugees through.

The villagers need to stop being assholes and grow the fuck up.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/04/29/b...arily-expelled

“Abdullah,” an Afghan asylum seeker interviewed in Turkey in January 2014, said that the Bulgarian border police began beating him immediately after they caught him and a few others, and showed Human Rights Watch interviewers his scars.

“After beating me, the police brought me over to their superior who pointed to his boot as if because of me his boot was dirty,” he said. “So he ordered the soldier to beat me. First, he beat me with his fist in my stomach and then with the butt of his gun on my back so I fell down, then he kicked my ribcage while I was lying down. One of my bones in my lower back is broken…. They kept beating my head and my back. First one soldier and then another. I tried to escape but they caught me and beat me even more. They even beat me as they were dragging me to the car. They put three of us on the back seat of the jeep. I wasn’t even thinking about pain, all I was worried about was my wife and child,” who had become separated from him as the police approached.

Abdullah said that the police drove for about 30 to 45 minutes, stopped, and then started walking: “While we were walking he kept hitting me with his stick. The walk was about 200 meters and I was beaten all the way. When we reached the border, the soldier showed the direction to Turkey.”
    We don't have the money to deal with refugees. Sweden should take them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

I love this, you attack Britain for not wanting Bulgarian immigrants but then you come out with that statement!

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    through the Turkish border.
    So why cant turkey tolerate refugees?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I love this, you attack Britain for not wanting Bulgarian immigrants but then you come out with that statement!
    Members of the European Union with all kinds of rights > Middle Eastern refugees.

Deleted
    Members of the European Union with all kinds of rights > Middle Eastern refugees.
    British Police have never beaten Bulgarians and thrown them into France or Ireland, remember this before shitting on the UK in future. Your high horse may decide to throw you off.

British Police have never beaten Bulgarians and thrown them into France or Ireland, remember this before shitting on the UK in future. Your high horse may decide to throw you off.
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/o...h-race-figures

Black people are 26 times more likely than white people to be stopped and searched by police in England and Wales, the most glaring example of "racial profiling" researchers have seen, according to an international report.

The analysis of government data has brought claims of discrimination from campaigners who say the findings corroborate concerns that black and Asian Britons are being unfairly targeted. The US civil rights activist Jesse Jackson, who arrives in London today to launch a campaign aimed at curbing what he says is stop-and-search discrimination, described the figures as "astonishing".

The figures relate to stop-and-searches under Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, which was introduced to deal with football hooligans and the threat of serious violence. It allows police to search anyone in a designated area without specific grounds for suspicion.

Analysis by the London School of Economics and the Open Society Justice Initiative found that there are 41.6 Section 60 searches for every 1,000 black people, compared with 1.6 for every 1,000 white people – making black people 26.6 times more likely to be stopped and searched. Asians were 6.3 times more likely to be stopped than whites, according to the analysis of Ministry of Justice figures for 2008-09.
    Institutional racism is much more common in Britain. The problem with the refugees is that they cost us money we dont have.

Deleted

Institutional racism is much more common in Britain.
    Give over, that has nothing to do with Bulgaria or Bulgarian immigrants, another example of you completely dodging the original point. My point has been proven here.

Institutional racism is much more common in Britain. The problem with the refugees is that they cost us money we dont have.

lol no room for refugees in Bulgaria? Better off to beat them to death. His excuse is we are not racist just poor. How ignorant are you?

The problem with the refugees is that they cost us money we dont have.
    Except that's false.

And if you still believe it, just move to Russia.

You'd probably be pretty pissed off if I was running from my country, asked to stay at your house, and then proceeded to wreck -everything- too.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

My point has been proven here.
    What was your original point? I linked a report showing that the police started turning refugees back from the border due to lack of funding and shelters. Is that not true?

Deleted
    However, these 17 refugees, as stated from the article, were paying their own expenses and not relying on charity.

No, the sole issue here is that they were strangers to a village, and not any type of strangers, but foreign strangers. In plus, it is known that people from the country are more religious, so the fact that the foreigners were of different religion was even another motif.
    Let's be honest now, people in the country do not have the same possibilities to inform themselves. And if you rely only on tv for information, you hear how arabs are evil and do terrorist attacks and fight amongst themselves all the time.

So, bottom line, this is an issue with education and information of the villagers and the way in which people from arab nations are painted by the media.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh wow so you're okay with immigrants being beaten to death and yet claim that the UK is savage? Bulgaria as it seems is run by third world shits, they should probably be thrown out of the EU and go make a union with North Korea or China.

- - - Updated - - -

What was your original point? I linked a report showing that the police started turning refugees back from the border due to lack of funding and shelters. Is that not true?
    If by turning them back you mean beating them until they can't walk.
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Deleted
    Arguing with Cybran is like arguing with the wife: You will never win. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    If by turning them back you mean beating them until they can't walk.
    To be fair their method worked. There are barely any asylum seekers in the past 6 months.

Deleted
    To be fair their method worked. There are barely any asylum seekers in the past 6 months.
    Someone please quote this so I can throw it back at him next time he bashes the UK.