Page 1 of 25
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Obama hits new poll low: 41%

    A new Washington Post-ABC News poll gives President Obama an approval rating of only 41%, the lowest mark of his tenure in this survey.

    That's down from the 46% approval rating Obama had for the first three months of 2014, according to the poll.

    The numbers bode ill for Democrats in the November elections, as the party fights to keep control of the Senate.

    From the Washington Post:

    "Just 42% approve of his handling of the economy, 37% approve of how he is handling the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and 34% approve of his handling of the situation involving Ukraine and Russia.

    "Obama's low rating could be a significant drag on Democratic candidates this fall -- past elections suggest that when approval ratings are as low as Obama's, the president's party is almost certain to suffer at the ballot box in November."
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/theova...ating/8449253/
    and many other polls show the similar results
    what will be most troubling for democrats they have lost the Independents caused by Obama care
    Most independents plan to support anti-Obama candidates in 2014

    A new poll shows that independents are more likely to support candidates that oppose Obamacare in the 2014 midterm elections.

    The Fox News poll showed that if the only difference between two candidates running for Congress this year was their position on the Affordable Care Act, then independents would support the candidate that fights against the health care law by a 54- to 29-percent margin.

    This may not bode well for Democrats as they look to defend their Senate majority.

    http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/20...bama-candidat/
    things are not looking good for democrats at all come November 2014

  2. #2
    Deleted
    I keep telling everyone they should make me president of America. Or like, the world. Would be hella dope. I'd do well good.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and many other polls show the similar results
    what will be most troubling for democrats they have lost the Independents caused by Obama care


    things are not looking good for democrats at all come November 2014
    The only thing stopping Republicans from winning the Senate is Republicans. The Republicans are currently like a sports team entering the end of the game with a huge lead, all they have to do is not choke.

  4. #4
    The Insane Kujako's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the woods, doing what bears do.
    Posts
    17,987
    Lets see him get reelected now!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Lets see him get reelected now!
    Its not about Obama any more. in reality he is done and finished. it is about the house and senate in November

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord Naxere's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In your head
    Posts
    4,625
    I don't put much stock in Presidential approval polls in their last two years of an eight year stretch. They don't have to worry about being reelected again.

  7. #7
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    79,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and many other polls show the similar results
    what will be most troubling for democrats they have lost the Independents caused by Obama care

    things are not looking good for democrats at all come November 2014
    You keep talking about "Independents";



    You may notice that the percentage identifying as Democrats hasn't change a whole lot, waffling around 33%, historically. And the lines for Republicans and Independents are mostly mirror images. Because the average "Independent" is a conservative voter, who's disillusioned with the Republicans.


    And to make matters worse, let's look at the history of Presidential approval ratings;



    It pops to a bigger, more legible version.

    The only President since WW2 who hasn't dipped to 40% approval at some point during their Presidency was Eisenhower. The only other President who saw a significantly different pattern than Obama was Clinton, whose approval started off low and tended to climb. The rest saw pretty much the same pattern as Obama, slow decline, ending with sub-40% approval ratings.


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I don't put much stock in Presidential approval polls in their last two years of an eight year stretch. They don't have to worry about being reelected again.
    It matters to the party the president belongs to
    Bushs dismal approval rating helped put a democrat in office in 2008

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You keep talking about "Independents";



    You may notice that the percentage identifying as Democrats hasn't change a whole lot, waffling around 33%, historically. And the lines for Republicans and Independents are mostly mirror images. Because the average "Independent" is a conservative voter, who's disillusioned with the Republicans.


    And to make matters worse, let's look at the history of Presidential approval ratings;



    It pops to a bigger, more legible version.

    The only President since WW2 who hasn't dipped to 40% approval at some point during their Presidency was Eisenhower. The only other President who saw a significantly different pattern than Obama was Clinton, whose approval started off low and tended to climb. The rest saw pretty much the same pattern as Obama, slow decline, ending with sub-40% approval ratings.
    what I find telling about the second chart is the only time a party won back to back presidential election that wasn't an incumbent was when the latter left office with a high approval rating and that was Reagan Bush
    so a presidents approval rating in his last term effects the party in the next up coming presidential election
    historically when the 2 term president leaves office with under water approval rating the other party wins the presidential election
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2014-04-29 at 02:49 PM.

  9. #9
    Why?

    stock market, job market, real estate and health care insurance are at all time high.

  10. #10
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I keep telling everyone they should make me president of America. Or like, the world. Would be hella dope. I'd do well good.
    I would vote for you, need a second in command?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Why?

    stock market, job market, real estate and health care insurance are at all time high.
    all time high compared to when? only thing that is at an all time high is the stock market

  12. #12
    I don't really see how things would be looking bad for democrats. Republicans keep shooting themselves in the foot, they've failed to control the Tea Party extremists. They've done nothing to address the bigotry that is associated with their party. They've not put forth an economic policy other than mindless tax cuts for the wealthy. They've made themselves out to be warmongers in a war weary nation. Their only real shot at the presidency in my mind as someone who typically votes d (Chris Christy) has gotten himself involved in a scandal.

    I really don't see how Obamas approval ratings have a large impact on the election when the other side has even lower approval ratings in congress.

  13. #13
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I would vote for you, need a second in command?
    Hells yes. And you can manage the army stuff too and take care of other things while I'm off shaking hands and kissing babes. Babies. Whatever.

  14. #14
    Banned Orlong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    13,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You keep talking about "Independents";

    You may notice that the percentage identifying as Democrats hasn't change a whole lot, waffling around 33%, historically. And the lines for Republicans and Independents are mostly mirror images. Because the average "Independent" is a conservative voter, who's disillusioned with the Republicans.


    And to make matters worse, let's look at the history of Presidential approval ratings;



    It pops to a bigger, more legible version.

    The only President since WW2 who hasn't dipped to 40% approval at some point during their Presidency was Eisenhower. The only other President who saw a significantly different pattern than Obama was Clinton, whose approval started off low and tended to climb. The rest saw pretty much the same pattern as Obama, slow decline, ending with sub-40% approval ratings.
    Im actually suprised at how many presidents had ratings close to 90% I didnt know it was possible to get 90% of the country to agree on ANYTHING. Also surprised they got approval ratings all the way back to Truman. I wonder how accurate that is since many people didnt have phones in the early 40s.

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Lets see him get reelected now!
    I do hope this is sarcasm... or you don't know how presidential elections work in the USA (they can only be president for 2 terms).

  16. #16
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    23,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and many other polls show the similar results
    what will be most troubling for democrats they have lost the Independents caused by Obama care


    things are not looking good for democrats at all come November 2014
    Eh, perhaps not. But as long as the ruling body of the Republicans are crazy, Bible-thumping, warhungry old men; the Dem's will be okay.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  17. #17
    Merely a Setback Trassk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having a beer with dad'hardt
    Posts
    26,315
    You know although it wouldn't effect things directly, as a brit I do have a fear of your republican party getting power in the US, just because of the souless, empty sugarcoated morality it has, and how it would effect the rest of the world having someone like Mitt Romney in power.
    #boycottchina

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    I do hope this is sarcasm... or you don't know how presidential elections work in the USA (they can only be president for 2 terms).
    Obama is obviously a dictator that doesn't give a shit about term limits.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Im actually suprised at how many presidents had ratings close to 90% I didnt know it was possible to get 90% of the country to agree on ANYTHING. Also surprised they got approval ratings all the way back to Truman. I wonder how accurate that is since many people didnt have phones in the early 40s.
    I honestly wonder how accurate any are. In my experience most people only care when they are upset, typically a person just doesn't care which doesn't result in high approval. To get 90%? That goes against the general apathy of the average american voter.

  20. #20
    Banned Orlong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    13,127
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Why?

    stock market, job market, real estate and health care insurance are at all time high.
    1.Only rich people care about the stock market.

    2. The job market employment numbers are jury rigged to look better than they are, in fact most of the "new" jobs created were either government jobs or part time jobs. Many people still dont have good full time jobs.

    3. Many of the people who supported Obama (poor people and lower middle class people) still cant afford to buy houses or have had their homes foreclosed on, and many people who can afford to buy a decent home arent Obama supporters to begin with.

    4. Most people who already had healthcare insurance before the ACA, saw their premiums rise dramatically or their plans got worse or were forced into different plans with higher out of pocket costs (copays and deductibles)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •