Honor gear or raid gear?

Which is more effective for casual PVP and such?

I have full raid gear, scaled to 530, or I can get honor gear which is 522.

Except for 4 sets / weapons / trinkets the pve gear will be just as good as honor ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I had pretty much the same question... long story short just got back into the game after a 7-8 month break so my current pve gear tops out at 502, I can make the crafted 458 blues for the set bonuses & pvp power, which is better for casual unrated bgs?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonfiend76 View Post
    Yeah I had pretty much the same question... long story short just got back into the game after a 7-8 month break so my current pve gear tops out at 502, I can make the crafted 458 blues for the set bonuses & pvp power, which is better for casual unrated bgs?
    Use pve gear because 458 gear will suck ass.
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Use pve gear because 458 gear will suck ass.
    Surprisingly enough, the old blue crafted stuff still has resil on it, as well as a good amount of pvp power (they had the pvp power buffed at one point and never reverted it). A full set of old crafted gear with trinket 2set and you can easily be at 82-83% resil. You will kinda suck in damage and health but your pvp power will be decent and you will take alot of punishment before you die. The old gear really isnt all that bad. I would use the 458 blues over 502 raid gear except for like a weapon. The nice thing is, as you gear up you will continue to have more resil than most so at the very least you won't die in 5 seconds.

For raid vs 522 honor gear, definitely the honor gear, especially the set bonuses which are very very crucial for some specs (albeit not so much for others). But at full 522 you sit at almost 50% pvp power, which is way better than the 8 ilvls you miss out on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

i have 578 ilvl pve gear atm..was thinking about starting to pvp some...how should i go about gearing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    i have 578 ilvl pve gear atm..was thinking about starting to pvp some...how should i go about gearing?
    Trying the same, my damage is pitiful in BG's because of no PvP power and scaled down gear. Guessing it's best to farm the honour gear and get your full conquest cap at the same time, the weapon must be colossal with all that PvP power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Surprisingly enough, the old blue crafted stuff still has resil on it, as well as a good amount of pvp power (they had the pvp power buffed at one point and never reverted it). A full set of old crafted gear with trinket 2set and you can easily be at 82-83% resil. You will kinda suck in damage and health but your pvp power will be decent and you will take alot of punishment before you die. The old gear really isnt all that bad. I would use the 458 blues over 502 raid gear except for like a weapon. The nice thing is, as you gear up you will continue to have more resil than most so at the very least you won't die in 5 seconds.

For raid vs 522 honor gear, definitely the honor gear, especially the set bonuses which are very very crucial for some specs (albeit not so much for others). But at full 522 you sit at almost 50% pvp power, which is way better than the 8 ilvls you miss out on.
    The pvp power isn't enough to cover ~50 ilvl difference. That would be like saying 522 honor gear is equal to heroic upgraded raiding gear. What is the use of 10% increase in resil if you have like 200k less health and do crap damage?

And difference between 522 to 530 is 7.72% increase in power, which is nothing to laugh at. Aside from necessary parts (weapons trinkets 4 set) If raid gears have better itemization than pvp one then it is better to use pve gear.

Edit : Oh and old crafted ones don't have resil in it. only ones purchased with honor does.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2014-05-05 at 02:02 AM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    honor gear by far. thats like 40% pvp power vs none.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    honor gear by far. thats like 40% pvp power vs none.
    Which majority of them comes from weapons / trinkets / 4 sets. If you exclude these pvp power isn't as much as people think

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Which majority of them comes from weapons / trinkets / 4 sets. If you exclude these pvp power isn't as much as people think
    right, thats why everyone does arenas and bgs in pve gear.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    right, thats why everyone does arenas and bgs in pve gear.
    When did I say pve is better than prideful? The topic is honor gear.