Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why is my armor decreasing?

So I feel like there must be some obvious answer to this, but I can't figure it out.

My Spriest is in full pvp gear so there is no gear downscaling, yet I have 63669 armor outside of BGs and it drops to 60150 inside BGs.
    Is there a reason for this?

Are you checking your armor with the inner fire spell is activated when outside BG? Thats the only reason that comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Inner fire is active both inside and outside the BG.

10+ Year Old Account
    isnt there a max ilvl cap in BGs that increase over time, and your ilvl is over that cap?

Don't they do some degree of scaling down for battlegrounds these days?
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

The season is yet to hit its inflating 550 ilvl cap.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

All your gear gets downleveled to 530. I lose 50 ilvls on some gear doing pvp. It sucks.

Repair your broken gear

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    All your gear gets downleveled to 530.
    Seriously now, this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    My Spriest is in full pvp gear so there is no gear downscaling
    At least people can read the OP....not. As to your problem, I don't know why that would be if you're in full PvP gear, that's odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    At least people can read the OP....not. As to your problem, I don't know why that would be if you're in full PvP gear, that's odd.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the 550 stuff still get scaled down to the current ilvl cap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously people don't understand how PVP Gear works in PVP. Anyways it's an odd thing. No idea why it should drop.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

And if you read what they say, the gear is downgraded to 530, todays pvp gear is 550. Problem solved
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Pretty sure PvP gear ignores the ilvl cap entirely, and in fact, it would be kind of stupid and pointless if it didn't.

Deleted
    Pretty sure PvP gear ignores the ilvl cap entirely, and in fact, it would be kind of stupid and pointless if it didn't.
    the point of it is BG's are entry level for people who do PVP, if you get owned by people in full arena gear in 2 seconds flat every time you enter you're not gonna wanna do PVP. I'm not saying experienced players wouldn't own you anyway, but at least with this you stand more of a chance. I get that its a bit unfair for people who grinded good gear, because you like to go feel powerful in bg after getting owned repeatedly in arena or whatever. But PVE players far outnumber PVP players in wow (you can tell this by how many PVP realms are getting merged together, sometimes 3-4 realms) and they are trying to get more people into PVP. If you look at it as blizz trying to make PVP more fun and accessible then it doesn't seem pointless at all.

if this kind of thing doesn't happen then i can imagine people will keep complaining about queues because nobody wants to do PVP anymore
    Last edited by mmocc038b4e990; 2014-05-06 at 11:59 PM.

At the start of PvP season 14, the item level cap was 496. Each week after that the cap will increase by 1 item level per week, until it reaches a maximum of 512. The current item level cap can be ascertained by viewing your character's gear while participating in one of the related forms of PvP. Any item that has had its level lowered by the cap will state its reduced item level, followed by its true item level.
    - http://wowpedia.org/PvP_item_level_cap

This is how the item scaling in BGs work. So I say again - your 550 items get scaled down to the current BG Ilvl scale.

(Ignore the ilvl numbers in the quote, thats old numbers, but the same system works just with 520-550 or something now)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    - http://wowpedia.org/PvP_item_level_cap

This is how the item scaling in BGs work. So I say again - your 550 items get scaled down to the current BG Ilvl scale.

(Ignore the ilvl numbers in the quote, thats old numbers, but the same system works just with 520-550 or something now)
    So it also says that The season's current conquest point PvP rewards are exempt from the cap.

So assuming they're in full Prideful which I guess may or may not be the case, they wouldn't get scaled down.

My priest in full prideful doesn't get scaled down, so that is not the issue if he is in full PvP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else not notice it? There is no ilvl downscaling; all of my other stats remain the same. For some reason I just drop 3k armor upon entering a BG/RBG. Could it be something weird with Glyph of Inner Fire?

Screen Shots:
    http://i.imgur.com/gyilBBg.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/zNKmapy.jpg
    Last edited by Boricha; 2014-05-08 at 12:39 AM.

pvpp scaled to 530? have you people done bgs lately?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    So I feel like there must be some obvious answer to this, but I can't figure it out.

My Spriest is in full pvp gear so there is no gear downscaling, yet I have 63669 armor outside of BGs and it drops to 60150 inside BGs.
    Is there a reason for this?
    You use Inner Fire glyph which increases your armor based on %. I'd assume there is a bug within there. Either way, I would submit a bug with to the point and accurate details.