Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Lets just hope they think of a Chiss character (hopefully Thrawn himself) to include in the new movies. That race is too interesting to not exist.

I don't think you should be that troubled.

I myself would have been offended if it WERE canon. The Star Wars movies, and the Clone War series, suck. They're terrible, lore-wise. The movies are great fun to watch, but they're also really, really horrible.

So I can enjoy my own Star Wars lore that isn't horrible by merit of not being a product of Lucas.

I know, my distaste for George Lucas' work is possibly unfair him as a person, but... I just really dislike that stuff. I do like what Star Wars has become outside of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    I myself would have been offended if it WERE canon. The Star Wars movies, and the Clone War series, suck. They're terrible, lore-wise. The movies are great fun to watch, but they're also really, really horrible.
    I really enjoyed episodes 4-6, partially, due to awesome Ford's acting. Episode 1 was a usual Hollywood blockbuster, IMO, and episodes 2,3 really sucked. I think KotoR series 100 times beats everything old Lucas has created.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I really enjoyed episodes 4-6, partially, due to awesome Ford's acting. Episode 1 was a usual Hollywood blockbuster, IMO, and episodes 2,3 really sucked. I think KotoR series 100 times beats everything old Lucas has created.
    Harrison Ford is Harrison Ford. If we have to judge a movie with Harrison Ford in it, we first have to ignore the fact that Harrison Ford is in it. Not an easy feat, but without that, we cannot judge the actual movie.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Harrison Ford is Harrison Ford. If we have to judge a movie with Harrison Ford in it, we first have to ignore the fact that Harrison Ford is in it. Not an easy feat, but without that, we cannot judge the actual movie.

Unless it has Shia Lebouf. He is a great Harrison Ford nullifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Unless it has Shia Lebouf. He is a great Harrison Ford nullifier.
    Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was leaps and bounds better than the Temple of Doom. Temple of Doom was a shitty, horrible movie sandwiched between two all time classics. Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Last Crusade were so amazing from start to finish that most people ignore how terrible Temple of Doom was.

And Jonathan Ke Quan was so much more annoying in Temple of Doom than Shia LaBeouf has ever been in anything(except for real life. Nothing is more annoying than Shia LaBeouf in real life).

I enjoyed Temple of Doom, but then I also enjoyed The Phantom Menace and the first two Transformers movies - they're all just bubblegum for the brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was leaps and bounds better than the Temple of Doom. Temple of Doom was a shitty, horrible movie sandwiched between two all time classics. Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Last Crusade were so amazing from start to finish that most people ignore how terrible Temple of Doom was.

And Jonathan Ke Quan was so much more annoying in Temple of Doom than Shia LaBeouf has ever been in anything(except for real life. Nothing is more annoying than Shia LaBeouf in real life).

...seriously? Admittedly Temple of Doom is the weakest of the old Indiana Jones trilogy, mainly due to going with a more "horror" pulp story as opposed to the heroic adventure. But even that is better than the film where Jones survives an atom bomb in a refrigerator...although I will admit Crystal Skull gets a check in the plus column for bringing back Karen Allen. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I personally prefer the KOTOR time period than the movies one.
    Likewise, no contest.

I like the EU novels, especially Zahn's Thrawn books. But I think making the EU non-canon is the best choice for Disney. The time period after RotJ in the EU is incredibly detailed. There's no room for new stories. Any new movie would basically have to be the books in movie form, rather than a new story.

On the other hand, the KoToR period is far enough away that it wouldn't have mattered if it had remained canon. But then you get into a weird situation where some books/games are canon and some aren't. The best thing to do is start with a clean slate.

There is always the possibility that this also means that Swtor can go in a new direction and not worry about contradicting the movies. I.E becoming a true alternate reality where things can go different.

I personally wish there was stuff from kotor in the movies. Revan is my all time favorite Sith.