Page 1 of 2
LastLast

h nazgrim question

in general are the assassins supposed to be slowed? thnx

10+ Year Old Account
    Just kite them, they fixate so the ones that are not fixated can just burn them down while the fixated one kite them.

Yes. They hurt in hc, a lot.

The key is to always be facing them. If you was to run away from them (and turn your back to them), it's likely you'll be flat out one/two shot.

We usually put the assassins under the boss so they get cleaved down. The guy with it just stands facing them DPS'ing the boss, they really aren't a big deal if you deal with them properly. You can kite/slow/root or whatever but they really ain't so bad as long as someone doesn't face their back to them.

They hurt clothies a lot even if they're facing them. They either need dedicated heals, big personal CDs, a BoP, or to slow/kite them.

My guild does a melee cleave strategy. When the assassin comes out during battle and berserker stance, have the targeted player stand next to nazgrim for cleave damage. During defensive, the targeted player is to kite near the ranged so that it can be burned down efficiently, and always avoid being near the sniper as to not get accidentally hit by his barrage.

Lock Gateway is helpful to kite them if you have one in your raid. There are also numerous ranged slows, no reason they are not slowed by at least one of the DPS that's on it.

our group just brings them to the boss. heroic 10man for cleaving. they hit clothies really hard even when facing, like 120k per strike. but if u get them to the boss quick enough u should be fine. priority tends to be snipers>shamans>mages>warriors/assassins

A good way to think about Nazgrim is that what you are playing is the Trial of Crusader 2.0 here. You're not doing a PvE fight so much as a PvP style fight. If your raiders treat it as such, you'll have no problems with the Assassins. Slows, stuns, charges, Void Tendrils. You name it, it'll work. Also, kiting to the Tank will probably guarantee that the add will die just from the shear amount of Vengeance the MT is generating and/or incidental splash off of the boss. They are pretty much death for Clothies though.

Priority tends to lean based on comp and individual strengths. Find what works for your group and then just STICK to the that priority. Don't go trying to change it up from week to week. Nazgrim really is an exercise in consistency for 10 waves and then blow up the boss as a bonus at the end. Good luck in there and give 'em hell!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use your toolkit for this one. Stuns, disarms, slows, ccs, etc. We just bring them to the boss and tank dps plus melee cleave wrecks them.
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    They hurt clothies a lot even if they're facing them. They either need dedicated heals, big personal CDs, a BoP, or to slow/kite them.
    Yet, when they are up unless your group is fucking up and getting warsongs all day there is nothing to do but heal assassin targets and sniper targets. There is no damage in this encounter outside of the bonecrackers that hots/shields/raid heals should be taking care of no problem. The tank damage is laughable and they should need barely any healing at all. No reason to not just bring them to the boss and tank them clothie or not. The tank will also be applying 10% damage reduction to them and has stuns more then likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yet, when they are up unless your group is fucking up and getting warsongs all day there is nothing to do but heal assassin targets and sniper targets. There is no damage in this encounter outside of the bonecrackers that hots/shields/raid heals should be taking care of no problem. The tank damage is laughable and they should need barely any healing at all. No reason to not just bring them to the boss and tank them clothie or not. The tank will also be applying 10% damage reduction to them and has stuns more then likely.
    The adds die too quickly to benefit from running to the boss. Waste of time.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Yeah, my guild has a hunter assigned to keeping Concussive Shot on them full time (PS. it's me). I usually throw a Binding Shot too, for good measure.

Deleted
    They dont have to be slowed but its alot easier if they are, just keep in mind u can also stun them and such things, root them etc...

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The adds die too quickly to benefit from running to the boss. Waste of time.
    Yea, because you know all 4 adds die in the 5 seconds it takes to run an assassin to the boss.

You raiding siege at lvl 100 already in the closed alpha bruh?

I recommend against rooting them only because of seen them bug out and one shot some unlucky soul who got to close to them, regardless if they were the fixate target or not. But all other cc should be used, no real reason not to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, because you know all 4 adds die in the 5 seconds it takes to run an assassin to the boss.

?
    Adds should die in 5ish. If their up too long, put more dps on them.
    Boss damage means nothing on this fight, the enrage timer is too long for it to even be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    ?
    Boss damage means nothing on this fight, the enrage timer is too long for it to even be a thing.
    ?
    If they are harmless, what is the point of putting more DPS on them and lengthen the fight unnecessarily (which means giving the raid more chances to have someone messed up at something)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hupriest View Post
    I recommend against rooting them only because of seen them bug out and one shot some unlucky soul who got to close to them, regardless if they were the fixate target or not. But all other cc should be used, no real reason not to.
    That's not a bug. If a mob is rooted it will attack whatever is in range regardless of it's aggro target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    ?
    Uhh, your first priority add should be dead in 5ish, all of them? No, and especially not even close for a progressing group. The assassin should also be pretty low on your priority list and should be living longer then anything but an Ironblade.

No, it's called having semi-decent dps.

But it's ok, I understand perfectly if your raid doesn't have any.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future