Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Omg, a lot of shit in here.

So, the first question is: What do you want to reach?
    Just gold? Stick on your raidgear. You dont even need to change the meta. Gold is just so simple.

Serverbests/Sellruns/Worldrankings? Go for Crit/Parry, get almost all of your socket bonuses.
    The reason is, crit is your highest dps gain with high vengeance. If you do CMs really fast, youll be never ooc, youll be always at 80-200k vengeance. Second reason for lesser survivability is:
    You always need a CD. Your own or an external.
    Exception, when you dont need (acutally must not use a cd to have it in active tanking phasis) is kiting, stuns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    I will say whatever I think helps this thread and OP. Unlike you, I have answered why Blood DK may stack crit, what are the options that he/she can take (parry+dodge, mastery+haste) depending on what he/she aims for. I appreciate the fact that you're looking for some kind of internet fight and a chance to link your wowprogress profile, but I won't bite, so please gtfo my face. Thanks
    Considering you said decisively Dks were too slow, and Kassina linked you evidence to the contrary, your answer is in fact not true and is in fact a lie. Having priest feathers in your runs is not indicative of your tanks speed. Anyone going for RF times should take priest feathers, your response is thus invalid.

We get it, youre a little defensive because you were corrected with evidence even though you made a definitive statement, thats okay, you dont need to lash out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    There's no need to be snide. Not everyone has the luxury of priest feathers in their runs.
    If you're going for fast times why wouldn't you want a priest healer? Not only do they do high damage but they bring, GUESS WHAT, priest feathers.

Since I could find a more relevant thread to post in, I'll try ask here.

What sort of gearing strategy should I use if I wanted to get a Blood DK through 30+ waves on Endless in the Proving Grounds?

DPS gives little to no real benefit in there so I was thinking about going full mastery (whilst still hitting strong stamina bonuses).

Also what trinkets would be best? Lao-Chin's Liquid Corage & Jade Warlord Figurine?

Any talents or glyphs that shine in here, or just roll with the normal raid ones?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    your answer is in fact not true and is in fact a lie.
    Ok, there may be a little bit of a language confusion here. If you don't understand the difference between "a wrong answer" and "a lie," (is it possibly the same word in your native language?) then I suggest you look it up, because it's a pretty big difference.

I have no problem either being wrong, being called out because I'm wrong, or with any form of contradiction with my opinions, really, as long as they remain civil. It's my perception that DKs don't have necessarily the best kit for fast times, but have a very strong kit if you "just want gold". Actually, statistics of the fast groups according to wow progress tend to support this claim.

You know what? Maybe my point of view is COMPLETELY WRONG. And I am absolutely ready to accept that yes, I was wrong, DKs are actually amazing for best time CM.

And if you and I, and Kassina were sitting around a table in the sun having coffee, I bet you would both say "dude, that's not right, DKs can do really fast times, and here is the proof." And I would have gone "oh, really? Cool, I didn't know, sorry." And we'd all be friends.

Unfortunately the conversation being online, this is not what happened. What happened was:

- Hey, people go crit in order to max dps, but if you only want gold, you would be safer with mastery / haste. DKs are not popular for super fast CM anyway because we're slow.
    - You're a liar, look at this link I'm super good, just because you're bad doesn't mean everyone is.

Now if it sounds like something that's ok to say to people having a friendly conversation, I don't know what to say to you. Yeah, I got a little defensive because being called "wrong" is not at all the same as being called "a liar." Hope that makes sense.

------------

On topic: I'm interested in your potential answer on the proving grounds question, I haven't tried it yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Since I could find a more relevant thread to post in, I'll try ask here.

What sort of gearing strategy should I use if I wanted to get a Blood DK through 30+ waves on Endless in the Proving Grounds?

DPS gives little to no real benefit in there so I was thinking about going full mastery (whilst still hitting strong stamina bonuses).

Also what trinkets would be best? Lao-Chin's Liquid Corage & Jade Warlord Figurine?

Any talents or glyphs that shine in here, or just roll with the normal raid ones?

Thanks.
    If you only want the 30 av, you'll be do best with mastery>parry>dodge

Riposte isnt that strong, because 90% of the dmg is done by the mistweaver.
    Lao Chins and Jade are pretty strong, they also offer two extra cds.

Talents? Hm..i would prefer roiling blood, asphyxiate, purg and freeze. rest is your choice.
    freeze for the little adds to reset the dot; asphyxiate to stun one of the mantid in x6 and to stun another mob, whenever a mogu goes enrage.
    Our army with taunt up is in x6 really strong. The mistweaver is safe, and they take a lot of dmg, instead of you.

Fallen crusader is really bad, almost zero surv, heal is often overheal, parry is in 463 ~1%. go for stoneskin or, what i prefer swordshattering.

If you want to do more than 30 waves, it all looks a bit different. The increasing inc dmg, especially in wave x6-x7 is huge. You'll need to nuke 1 klaxxi and the second one to almost 0% hp. 2 klaxxis in wave x7 is probably always a wipe after wave 56.
    I do endless with parry>mastery>dodge>haste.

Using sr on soon dieing mobs is strong in here.
    Last edited by mmoc56117d31f5; 2014-05-07 at 04:04 PM. Reason: spelling

What are the best tanking trinkets for a Blood DK for challenge modes? just going for gold not the fastest times in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassina View Post
    Then don't say DKs are too slow to get a sub 6min gate, just because you can't get it.
    I think the point was DK's are the slowest tanks. You can't really dispute that except with ignorance. Anything you can do to increase their speed, you could also do to another tank that would already be moving faster innately from their other abilities.

It doesn't matter how fast you can go, a tank of a different type of equal skill using the same strategy and with the same support will ALWAYS move faster. Realm best times are a team effort and require multiple pieces working together to achieve. Even if you have realm best run times as a dk in every single dungeon it really doesn't say anything about the speed potential you have as a DK. And for the record, I am a DK tank primarily in CMs. I flip flop between DK and Monk depending on what i'm doing and my DK's realm times are better than anyone else's on the server except for my monk's which holds the server first rank in every single dungeon. Despite how good I am at both, the DK will never be able to compete with the monk's time's. It would be server first if I hadn't done it on the monk, but alas, I did.

As to the OP, don't worry about your gear so much if you just want an easy 9/9 gold clear. It really isn't worth optimizing at all and you should be able to quite easily get all golds even with substandard gearing, fewer gems, etc. It's just not a big deal. Gold is more about having a good strategy and not screwing it up. You can increase the speed you move by optimizing your gear, but it's really not worth it, especially with some of the advice in here. Yes it is true you can stack crit and do more damage and that it does more damage than stacking parry for riposte, but such strategies really only matter if you are doing extreme vengeance whoring, the type you won't be doing for a simple gold run, this is the kind of shit you only do when going for realm best. Stick with survivability if it's your first time tanking the CMs, you'll do enough damage with the vengeance you have to still contribute and you'll get it done with no problem unless your group is just bad.

The strategies I use on my DK when carrying someone is vastly different from the strategies I use when going for realm best times. Make sure the strats you look up are for what you actually intend, don't try to pull off the crazy shit you need to do for the best times if you only want gold. You can get gold in every dungeon by only pulling one group at a time the whole way through, it is exactly what my DK does multiple times per week because we want 100% safety and success rate for the carry. There are a couple of places this isn't true, the 3rd boss in siege springs to mind, but that isn't really that hard either with a little practice. But the point is, you dont need all the crazy extremes. You'll be good enough to get it done with virtually any gear you have. Focus more on strategy than gear. If you like, I can tell you exactly how to pull each dungeon for the same easy gold method I do on my carries.

I sell CM carries 3-4 full clears a week and have done so for months to make gold, I have over a thousand dungeon clears at gold rating and also hold realm best times for every dungeon on one character, and second best times on a second tank character. You will be fine, trust me. Just find some dps that don't suck, and if people on your server are bad, just find survival hunters. They can bring multiple buffs and even an autistic monkey can do good DPS numbers as a survival hunter. Just get some good strats for each dungeon and roll out.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2014-05-09 at 06:39 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    If you like, I can tell you exactly how to pull each dungeon for the same easy gold method I do on my carries.
    I wouldn't mind seeing these. Some guys on my raid team and I are looking at trying to Gold 9/9, and I wouldn't mind some tanking advice.