Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    Hmmm. Fair enough, Post.

Glad I could take something away from this debate. Ill try it out on farm too, see how it goes.
    I learned as well! I'm happier than I should be that we could have a rational discussion about it with open minds. Good luck in your farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    It does not do more raw healing for your raid.

#1 Disc Log on Malk: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1974&e=2026 Oh hey look, no Spirit Shell.

#2 Disc Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9274&e=9530 No Spirit Shell.

#3 Disc Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5948&e=6213 Spirit shell only during Blood Rage.

#4 Disc Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6742&e=6981 No Spirit Shell.

#5 Disc Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4214&e=4472 Spirit Shell only during Blood Rage.
    The 1st log lasts less than a minute.

The 3rd log is, in fact, indicative that Spirit Shell is more raw healing even if the user pops it outside of bloodrage - Spirit Shell on average did more "healing" per tick/person when compared with Prayer of Healing+crit shields+mastery.

The 5th log was single-target Spirit Shell during bloodrage to prevent the tank from dying, not "maximizing"/padding heals as you would like to postulate: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4214&e=4472

Spirit Shell generally gets fully utilized but Prayer of Healing can overheal for fairly large margins. The third log is evident of that, just that nobody honestly cares about farm.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-05-09 at 06:21 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    The 1st log lasts less than a minute.

The 3rd log is, in fact, indicative that Spirit Shell is more raw healing even if the user pops it outside of bloodrage - Spirit Shell on average did more "healing" per tick/person when compared with Prayer of Healing+crit shields+mastery.

The 5th log was single-target Spirit Shell during bloodrage to prevent the tank from dying, not "maximizing"/padding heals as you would like to postulate: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4214&e=4472

Spirit Shell generally gets fully utilized but Prayer of Healing can overheal for fairly large margins. The third log is evident of that, just that nobody honestly cares about farm.
    Did you ignore my post after that regarding the less than 1 min pull? Also the single target Spirit Shell was because it was just that tank soaking, so obviously you'd use it there as that'd be where most of the damage is during Blood Rage. Essentially your point is these top ranks that aren't using SS are just people who don't care because it's farm, and they could be doing more if they used SS? Really? So what about everyone who IS using SS and does care? Shouldn't they be ahead?

15+ Year Old Account
    Simple. To shine as Disc, think like this; "How do I prevent the other healers from getting any heals through?", "Oh, right, stack crit and Aegis away, push SS before bursts, avoid spirit and stack output stats etc". Very fun, promise. As I wrote in some other thread: NO clue why Disc isnt hotfixed as Bliz keep pointing out how OP they are atm and keep blaming "guilds in progress would get in trouble BS", having no sympathy for all non Disc healers having to put up with it for another 6 months.

Yeah, Im angry. And I had a glass or two of red wine. And Im in my comfy clothes. Cheers for Sunday clears. Itll be fun if our Disc goes Shadow:-)

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Simple. To shine as Disc, think like this; "How do I prevent the other healers from getting any heals through?", "Oh, right, stack crit and Aegis away, push SS before bursts, avoid spirit and stack output stats etc". Very fun, promise. As I wrote in some other thread: NO clue why Disc isnt hotfixed as Bliz keep pointing out how OP they are atm and keep blaming "guilds in progress would get in trouble BS", having no sympathy for all non Disc healers having to put up with it for another 6 months.

Yeah, Im angry. And I had a glass or two of red wine. And Im in my comfy clothes. Cheers for Sunday clears. Itll be fun if our Disc goes Shadow:-)
    I could overly simplify holy as well if I wanted to. "Stay in blue chakra, stack mastery, use PoM on cd, coh to snipe incidental dmg, time hymn correctly and spam poh etc". Very fun, promise.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could overly simplify holy as well if I wanted to. "Stay in blue chakra, stack mastery, use PoM on cd, coh to snipe incidental dmg, time hymn correctly and spam poh etc". Very fun, promise.

Mmm...and completly missing the entire point of my post.

Mmm...and completly missing the entire point of my post.
    I'm pretty sure you're saying disc is faceroll and OP.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure you're saying disc is faceroll and OP.
    Wondering why Disc wasnt hotfixed/rebalanced already! Using the "guilds are still progressing" excuse just dont last any longer especially knowing this tier will last another 6 months.

The FACT Disc is OP is not a subject anymore.

Wondering why Disc wasnt hotfixed/rebalanced already! Using the "guilds are still progressing" excuse just dont last any longer especially knowing this tier will last another 6 months.

The FACT Disc is OP is not a subject anymore.
    It is ridiculously OP, but it is not faceroll as your post was trying to suggest. I don't know why they haven't hotfixed/rebalanced it but I feel bad for the other healers, wasn't trying to ague that.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is ridiculously OP, but it is not faceroll as your post was trying to suggest. I don't know why they haven't hotfixed/rebalanced it but I feel bad for the other healers, wasn't trying to ague that.
    Never said Disc is faceroll here or in any other thread (not that they are not but so are all other healers in MoP "dumbhealinggame" is a better name for the smart spells) so just let that one go.

Otherwise, you seem to get my point with the post.

Never said Disc is faceroll here or in any other thread (not that they are not but so are all other healers in MoP "dumbhealinggame" is a better name for the smart spells) so just let that one go.

Otherwise, you seem to get my point with the post.
    "To shine as Disc, think like this; "How do I prevent the other healers from getting any heals through?", "Oh, right, stack crit and Aegis away, push SS before bursts, avoid spirit and stack output stats etc". Very fun, promise."

If you were genuinely not trying to say disc was faceroll there, you might want to word your posts differently.

In 10 man healing wise disc is reasonably balanced, yes absorbs will always help to put them on top and ofc the 100k plus dps helps, the main problem with disc is L90 talents that don't reduce effectiveness, most fights DS will be used and its OP if it were only to hit 6-10 ppl then DA healing would be reduced and it would be a slight nerf to Disc, the problem is if blizz nerfed Disc now they may break it and may not even be viable until it was fixed so best option is to wait till 6.0 patch and WoD.

Better to have something a lil on the side of OP now than to break it now, some healers may not have a holy healing set if disc became bad to continue raiding.

Even if disc wasn't as OP holy would still not be great due to MoP not having many fights that play to holy strengths so you would always have something to complain about.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well in 25m disc IS faceroll, oh smite, oh divine star. Oh look at that, I'm doing 400k hps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Well in 25m disc IS faceroll, oh smite, oh divine star. Oh look at that, I'm doing 400k hps.
    all healing classes are faceroll, but the different between great healing as disc and good healing is skill and knowledge, other healing classes are even more simple than disc atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    No. I know you're exaggerating by putting only 2 things but still, no.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weird, I've played holy paladin/resto shaman/resto druid and nothing comes close to the simplicity of a disc and the sheer output of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    If they have lack of drops, but still have 4 peices the chest/legs should be shadow. Shadow legs are BiS for disc, and chest is only 2nd to heroic warforged thok chest.
    Tier legs disc is bis for disc, not shadow. You take gloves and legs for 2set and the Immerseus head/thok chest/Norushen shoulders. Or you can swap out gloves for siegecrafter gloves and use tier head instead but I found I gained spirit and lost crit that way.

It can be said for other healers too. How much healing do I put out on Noru farm when everyones stacked in the Shaman's rain?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    It can be said for other healers too. How much healing do I put out on Noru farm when everyones stacked in the Shaman's rain?
    Thats true, and I do wish they kept an eye on things and made small adjustments every now and then.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8854?page=2#37

Read this. Promising is easy.

No. I know you're exaggerating by putting only 2 things but still, no.
    Disc is faceroll, don't kid yourself. Even the nuances to padding aren't that difficult. As long as you know how to sync AA + DS and are good with micromanaging your CDs/procs, you're pretty much going to do well. The factors that dictate how well you parse are pretty much out of your control - namely raid comp (note: be the only Disc Priest if you want to parse and have a token Shaman or two for MTT) and strategy (whether guilds will utilize strategies to let healers pad).