Poll: Would you support Blizzard removing LFR

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    We all know LFR isen't gettin removed, so i dont really understand the point of these threads xD
    Are they just so people can rage that all people get too see their snowflake content?
    There's a scene in Caddyshack where the caddies get to use the country club pool for one day every summer. Go find and watch that scene. It's relevant to the conversation in the thread and your post specifically.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

OP, why don't you remove yourself completely from this forum for starting this thread dealing with this subject for the millionth time?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Please don't modify my quotes, thanks.
    Hey at least I posted the original first. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Partly because it IS a big, scary, impenetrable wall. LFR is toxic enough as it is, but at least you're generally guaranteed to get in a group and stay in it. Past that, trying and failing day after day to get into a Flex+ group with no experience, a bunch of 528 gear, possibly/probably no cloak, and absurd expectations from the community...yeah, it probably only goes to reinforce their perception that raiders are just a bunch of dicks.

(In before all the, "But my alt got into a normal mode raid with only 450 gear and a fishing rod!" or "But my guild recruits people fresh off the Timeless Isle all the time!" crap.)
    Of course people are going to have a hard time getting into a pug with low level gear. People will naturally want people that they know or people that are highly geared. Guilds are key to doing what you want. You get to know the people in your guild and they know you. People will do a hell of alot more for someone they know and like then a stranger. Just like life, you won't get far without social connections. Guilds, the only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post

Of course people are going to have a hard time getting into a pug with low level gear. People will naturally want people that they know or people that are highly geared. Guilds are key to doing what you want. You get to know the people in your guild and they know you. People will do a hell of alot more for someone they know and like then a stranger. Just like life, you won't get far without social connections. Guilds, the only way to go.
    I would say guilds were only way to go, not anymore.
    These days you can be guildless and see it all. Back in the days, only way to see content was by being in the guild. Queue craft changed that.
    I experienced both and today I can say that I enjoy queue-craft more. It was fun back then, but it influenced my real life too much.
    These days I can play the game much less and get same satisfaction by seeing it all.

It doesn't matter how much easier flex is. LFR lets people with tight schedules jump in, clear a few bosses, and jump out free of consequence if they need to go. It's really not a hard concept to grasp. And fortunately:

Raid Finder is an important system and the only way many people can experience our raid content. It's here to stay. -Blizzard, within the last couple weeks

No matter how much the MMO-WhineChampion forums might hate it, it's not going anywhere. Sorry!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Hey at least I posted the original first. :P
    That's not the point; if you want to say something, say it yourself. I'm not your mouthpiece.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1