Poll: Would you support Blizzard removing LFR

Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    Deleted

Remove LFR completely?

With Blizz taking some radical steps in WoD such as removing flying from Draenor, for one patch minimum that is, I'm wondering whats your stance on this?

With this new flexible mode there should be no more excuses on inability to find raid members, and it's even easier than normal mode so that argument goes out of window aswell. I would support that move, just as I support no flying. I think LFR is just one step too far in removing the need to socialize alltogether in an mmo.

So, what's your stance on this?

In its current state? No.

In its new form in WoD? Yes.

The way it'll be in WoD? I don't care, really. All LFR will be good for is if you want to spend half a day in a queue, and I doubt that's something you could call an engaging feature. For all I care, with the WoD changes, they may as well remove it altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if you have a better way to prevent the opening tiers of Cataclysm again.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I would donate money out of my own pocket to Blizzard if they completely removed LFR.

Na, but change its format perhaps. Ether LFR is designed for those who want to raid which involves cooperative team play in a holy-trinity environment or you design it for everyone which its current format doesnt fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Only if you have a better way to prevent the opening tiers of Cataclysm again.
    LMAO what kind of statement is this?? WOD's normal modes like be like MOP's flex mode, aka EASY and COMPLETELY puggable. Cataclysm did NOT have that.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, don't remove it. It's fine for people who want to use it for whatever reason. Removing it doesn't help the rest of us any and hurts those players who can't or won't run a fixed time raid. This way they get to see the story, fight the bosses and have that content. IF they want tier, etc they can run normal (remember, flex now - normal WoD). If they can't or won't do that, the LFR and heroic gear will be plenty to help them to open world content.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like LFR, and I stay as far away from it as possible, but it has it's uses. They seem to be going back to the tourist-mode design rather than pretending it's actual raiding which is a good start.
    There's a certain demographic of players that are absolutely horrible players because of their unwillingness to learn and players that are incapable of proper communication, either because they're obnoxious or incapable of taking instructions.

These people will never function in flex, and removing LFR would force many of them to try, making flex pugging an awful experience for the rest of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove it? Why? Who would that change even be for?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    I know I'll get raged on for this, but back in the day, not too long ago actually, wotlk ulduar/ToC, I was in a raiding guild, we didn't raid often or long hours and progress was slow. But when we finally conquered raids I felt like I've been places, seen things. I didn't see entirety of Ulduar untill ICC patch, but boy was it worth it when we finally cleared it. I didn't care that there were people who did that much sooner, I was just happy that my effort showed results.

Nowadays, when everyone can see it all after 7 days, and only difference in gear colour, it just isn't special, it lost it's charm.

For LoL players here, imagine diamond border on loading screen in all it's shiny glory, but just slightly recoloured, to the point where noone would be able to tell whose is diamond and whose is silver. You could still make the argument that diamond's is still unique because muh colours but it wouldn't be the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    LMAO what kind of statement is this?? WOD's normal modes like be like MOP's flex mode, aka EASY and COMPLETELY puggable. Cataclysm did NOT have that.
    And you can guarantee that that'll be the case for every tier Blizzard create from now on?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Remove it? Why? Who would that change even be for?
    Everyone who put some actual effort into the game. If someone doesn't have the time, he shouldn't be able to see everything at the same pace as someone who actually tried to accomplish something by himself, and not get it handed to him.

guarantee it? I promise it. there are THREE RAID SIZES, NOT TWO. you people will NOT listen to facts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Everyone who put some actual effort into the game. If someone doesn't have the time, he shouldn't be able to see everything at the same pace as someone who actually tried to accomplish something by himself, and not get it handed to him.
    Aaaand LFR is that? It goes faster to do Heroic then doing a wing in LFR, if you ask the pro players.

And by that, LFR put more time in it and deserve more cause it's harder.

Just saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    And you can guarantee that that'll be the case for every tier Blizzard create from now on?
    If anything, first tier will be the hardest to get into raiding, further tiers always make it easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    Aaaand LFR is that? It goes faster to do Heroic then doing a wing in LFR, if you ask the pro players.

And by that, LFR put more time in it and deserve more cause it's harder.

Just saying.
    And just how much time did pro players spent to get to that point? Compared to just running around an isle and pressing queue up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    guarantee it? I promise it. there are THREE RAID SIZES, NOT TWO. you people will NOT listen to facts.
    I remember two raid sizes (Naxx), four raid sizes (Ulduar), four raid sizes all on seperate locks (ToC), two pairs of raid sizes (ICC), three raid sizes (DS), a pair and two singleton raid sizes (MoP) and now we have four raid sizes on different locks again.

You can't.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    And just how much time did pro players spent to get to that point? Compared to just running around an isle and pressing queue up.
    So even out in the end, equal gear!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    In its current state? No.

In its new form in WoD? Yes.
    Agreed. LFR has been my preferred raid format since its inception. I don't see any reason to do it in WoD, though. Might as well put it out of its misery.

Le sigh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    So even out in the end, equal gear!
    And what will they do with that better gear? Clear new content faster? Oh wait.