Poll: Would you support Blizzard removing LFR

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you remove LFR all these people will just go into flex including the ones that don't care about enchants, jems, reforges, rotations, boss mechanics or your time. Flex will become wipe fests.
    Or alternately it could be worse. They will try to go to flex, they won't find groups, they won't have LFR and after a while they will leave. Raiding becomes a much smaller thing and consequences for that would be forthcoming next expansion.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    LFR in MoP was trying to serve two functions, and not serving either all that well. In WoD, it will more purely serve one function (being truly easy content without progression), and will likely be a better experience for it.
    For once I actually agree with you.

Also, people have always wanted to "see the content". WoD changes to LFR do not alter that functionality of LFR.

Or alternately it could be worse. They will try to go to flex, they won't find groups, they won't have LFR and after a while they will leave. Raiding becomes a much smaller thing and consequences for that would be forthcoming next expansion.
    Where in the laws of nature does it say that everyone has to raid? Raiding is an activity, bound by certain rules and guidelines. It also has a difficulty which makes it interesting. Now, there are 4 different difficulty settings. If you can't commit to serious raiding, there's LFR for you to hur dur "see the content". If you can't even do that, well, I'd say MMOs aren't for you.
    Last edited by Santoryu; 2014-05-02 at 08:38 PM.

"so you would be ok if they just fixed the trinkets. And made bonuses only work on matching tier. Sounds good to me." suggested by dalles.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4898313?page=6

what i think she means by match tier is, to get the set bonus you would have to wear 2(or 4) of the same type like you only get the set bonus if you equip all normal version or heroic, etc.
    mix matching would not give you the set bonus.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    It's funny how similar to RL social conservatives some gamers are.

IRL, they claim that homosexuality somehow negatively affects them. In WoW, they claim LFR somehow negatively affects them.

Both claims are bogus.
    Let's not derail the thread with real life comparisons. Thanks. Fair warning to all.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    "so you would be ok if they just fixed the trinkets. And made bonuses only work on matching tier. Sounds good to me." suggested by dalles.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...4898313?page=6

what i think she means by match tier is, to get the set bonus you would have to wear 2(or 4) of the same type like you only get the set bonus if you equip all normal version or heroic, etc.
    mix matching would not give you the set bonus.
    This would be a much better move than just removing tier gear from LFR. It would be a smart compromise, but instead Blizzard just takes the easy solution and just removes the tier gear.

2 Normal tier pieces + 2 LFR tier pieces = 1x Normal 2 piece tier bonus and 0x LFR 2 piece tier bonus (Just make it the higher level tier piece bonus that activates. That way players don't end up having 2x 2 set tier bo

Why? Leave it be. LFR is worthless, and have done a lot of damage to the community, but it's too late to change anything, unless making it an exact "tourist mode" it was originally intended. Which is exactly what Blizzard do in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Why? Leave it be. LFR is worthless, and have done a lot of damage to the community, but it's too late to change anything, unless making it an exact "tourist mode" it was originally intended. Which is exactly what Blizzard do in WoD.
    your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    your opinion.
    whats your opinion on LFR??

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    people should know it by now. i have been having to defend it a lot lately.

Millions of people like lfr, most people do not have time to schedule raiding or wait an hour just to find a group. If you don't like it, don't use it. Find a group and go to dungeons and raids with them, why do you people care about this so much? How does this effect your status?

And who cares if you get the latest tier? Let me just play the game.

Let people play what they want to play instead of taking away their fun? I don't see who LFR really harms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very well then, I will give my thoughts on it. Now that I have taken a step back and looked at it from WoD's perspective, they may have actually have solved a ton of problems around it.

First, yes I think we should def. remove LFR because it is a hostile environment to play in. People thought the LFD was bad but playing with 24 others was even worse. The problem most raiders have had with LFR was the fact that the gear dropped from it was just lower ilevels of powerful trinkets and tier gear. It always felt like you had to run it in order to maximize your character. Not to mention, most players who do Flexible Raiding want some kind of minimum ilevel. I ask for 520. For a new player, the only way to obtain that kind of gear level is from LFR. Not to mention, this tier has had the highest inflation of stats we have ever seen. Getting a new weapon from LFR to heroic 25 warforged just does such a monstrous change from dps is just too huge. Seeing players with legendary cloak, still with average ilevel of 560 doing over 400-500k dps is just too catastrophic in my opinion.

Howver, there is the item squish that is happening in WoD. They said that stats will be more tuned out and will flow better. We'll see though. They also incorporated flex tech into LFR and have put their own epic gears and trinkets into LFR. Now that I think about it, this may actually deal with the problem of LFR now. We'll see how it does in WoD, if LFR is a success then and people don't have to feel like running it for gear, then great.

But right now, LFR is just a mess. Very few can even argue against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Because character progression is a core component of MMOs. Character progressing through LFR might be an easier character progression but it is one nonetheless. It keeps that demographic playing, and happy, and gives them their own goals to work towards for level capped characters.

Furthermore, some characters will move from LFR into normal mode, and LFR is a stepping stone to help them do that.

Removing LFR is not going to magically make a community again, for lots of reasons - the least of which being that LFR caters to a demographic that never would have been apart of the raiding community anyway. What people seem to not understand when they are busy bitching about the lack of a community is that a community isn't just some thing that you can toggle on. A community is something that we create if we put in the effort, and it's also something we have to maintain by not slipping back into "anonymous internet asshole" mentality that so many people have. All these people who want a community must not want it very much since they haven't actually gone out and taken the steps necessary to build one or maintain it, but would rather just blame arbitrary things to justify their lack of effort. You want a community? Make guild alliances, connect with people around the server for groups, help out new folks, plan events, encourage generousity and civility, and stop being assholes to anyone outside of your social circle. The idea that LFR is somehow repressing the community and that removing it will spontaneously making it flourish is laughable.

So.
    Much.
    This.

Blizzard has said on a few occasions that more people participate in LFR than Normal and Heroic modes combined. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. If Blizzard were THAT shady, they'd actually remove Heroic (soon to be Mythic) and Normal, ramp up emphasis on Flex and LFR because of the popularity, and could care less what we call "real" raiding.
    Last edited by Sparky_b; 2014-05-02 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_b View Post
    So.
    Much.
    This.

Blizzard has said on a few occasions that more people participate in LFR than Normal and Heroic modes combined. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. If Blizzard were THAT shady, they'd actually remove Heroic (soon to be Mythic) and Normal, ramp up emphasis on Flex and LFR because of the popularity, and could care less what we call "real" raiding.
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...69196640305152
    Originally Posted by Watcher
    Q: But when LFR is opened completely, people will ignore dungeons and just jump to LFR. Needs to be on par
    A: If they were equal, THAT would kill LFR. And we don't want to kill LFR. Dungeons will still be relevant for catch-up.
    Well as is LFRs popularity seems to be in the way of players following the rewards and not because players prefer it.

What Blizzard would do is reduce raiding resources and place it else where. In ether case it is LFR that is trying to mimic the raiding experience which Flex still maintains. Raids are designed with normal in mind first with LFR an afterthought which is why a number of mechanics and stuff suck in an LFR environment. Flex will be the new normal as well. A number of the developers are also heroic level raiders which leads to them focusing on such content and difficulties. For the most part there will always be something for skilled cooperative team play in WoW regardless of the haters to team play.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, yes I think we should def. remove LFR because it is a hostile environment to play in.
    So are battlegrounds and we don't get a dozen threads a month about how they should be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remov LFR and dungeon finder, this are 2 bigest mistake blizz did !

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people keep wanting optional content removed.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

It has a purpose to serve I suppose, and it will be getting more appropriate gear in WoD.

Flex literally does everything LFR does but better.

You get to see the content, you get to join a raid whenever you want as long as you're decent and you don't have to be constrained by guild schedules.

At this point I see no reason to keep LFR around any longer when there's a better alternative that provides much better gameplay.

But whatever, I know I won't get my way so as long as I'm not forced to step into an LFR to keep up with others I'm hoping I'll just forget the whole thing exists.

It really devalues raids when you get to just see everything without almost any work put in. It cheapens the whole thing to the point that I just don't want to even go do the higher difficulties because I've already seen everything the raid has to offer besides a mechanic here and there.

What I thought LFR was going to be back when I first heard about it was a way to do all the older raids but with buffed gear and mechanics so we don't have to keep raiding the same thing for weeks on end.

Why not add something like that to the game? Wouldn't it just be a matter of changing some numbers around?
    Last edited by Vanos27; 2014-05-03 at 06:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it had to be mentioned somewhere by now...
    But does no one remember like..heroic dungeons? I mean come on if you take put lfr just make heroic dungeons hard, like actually hard, and make them drop lfr equivalent gear....seems simple>.>