Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    Background, I'm a terrible pvper. Absolutely awful. I don't do RBG's and I absolutely refuse to set foot into arenas. I only do regular old fashioned bg's by clicking random or if I like what the weekend bg is I'll do that. Because I'm terrible, and don't have any friends in the game I'm a solo pvper. I need something that isn't necessarily gonna be the greatest, but I want to hold my own, and not be too reliant on other people. I'm not very good at handling key bindings. I can do small amounts of keybinds and everything else I click. I just hit 4 wrong keybinds before I hit the right one. My rogue I can only keybind 3 of it's cooldowns otherwise I'll blow half of them trying to get the right one. I'm just not very quick, I have poor reaction time for that.

I'm alright with healers but I'd probably just have one healer and one dps. I've tried my paladin in pvp, but it just doesn't hit worth anything as ret, and I really don't like the path they put holy paladins down.

I am thinking priest for my healer (dual spec holy and disc) and maybe a frost dk, though dual wield or 2hander for that?
    Sounds like you really just need to practice with your keybinds before you start into PVP. Go solo old raids or something like that, because while you will learn better in the hectic environment of PVP, you will also likely become really frustrated and give up before you have a chance to learn all of your binds. get yourself a Razor Naga or something like that, move your forward/back/rstrafe/lstrafe to ESDF, and start binding things to Q,W,R,T,A,G,C,X, all of those with shift, and then use the Naga for everything else. That should easily net you something like 30 combos, and while it may take a week or so to get them down you won't regret the time you spent.

Other than that, and more importantly than the number of keybinds needed, I would suggest you go with a really durable spec, or one that can escape really well, so rogue, arms warrior, feral, or WW. Those should keep you alive long enough to improve, where as a DK you will fall over dead the first time someone looks at you, and they WILL look at you first.

Deleted
    Arcane mage, if you don't want to be super competitive rogues can get away with no many keybinds,

I've got 23 keybinds on my WW monk, and i consider that a lot :\

i say it depends a lot on your play style, top rogues will scream at me for saying they have low amount of keybinds, but if you're only wanting to play around in BGs or low rated arena you really don't need that many i find.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2014-05-02 at 11:10 PM.

Frost DK or Assassin Rogues

Deleted
    looking through my characters, my destro warlock has the least keybinds, but literally all i do on that character is battlegrounds and nuke people, if i went to arena on it i'd probably set a few more binds, but the 15 i have work well enough for arena.

Again, I have literally zero interest in going into arenas. I did them once during The Burning Crusade and decide I will never set foot in that shittastically awful excuse of pvp ever again. I do not care about arena balance, or arena potential or anything having to do with arenas as I will never do them. Ever. No matter what blizzard does to change it, I'll still never do it. I do not like one life pvp. I tend to die a lot, and quickly. So I do not like doing anything that is all about killing quickly, it fosters the nuking mentality regardless of what blizzard does to fix nuking, arena's favor nuking.

I have the following characters I'm playing actively, I'm going to list them in descending order in terms of my (really useful) keybinds:

1. Blood DK
    2. Resto Shaman
    3. Frost Mage
    4. Surv Hunter
    5. Ret Paladin
    6. Combat Rogue
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    I'm not a fan of reactionary defense and cd based classes. Rogues just seem gimmicky in general in pvp. Everything seems like a gimmick or a trick. I'm tired of feeling slow when sprint isn't available. I'm tired of being kited because shadowstep is on cd. Other rogue or warrior on me? Oh evasion on CD, guess i'm dead. Unless I have every single one of my gimmick tricks ready for the gimmick periods they happen I die really fast. They're far too gear dependent and I only do randoms.

I'm looking for a class thats self reliant in pvp and doesn't require tremendous amounts of gear to be successful at it. Rogues are just too gear defendant.
    If you're talking about BGs, use Burst of Speed, it fixes pretty much every single problem you just posted. Shs is only good in structured.

My rogue has the least keybinds.

Deleted
    I think most people here are thinking pve-wise. I don't think anything requires less keybinds than a destro warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Hueheuheuhe such a funny guy.

Go for DK or even feral. I found that my priest also has less abilities than most classes have.

Besides, classes only have a lot of binds because of focus keybinds and arena123 binds. Asmodias is correct for thinking mages have the least binds when you don't care about optimizing your class. If you don't use focus binds and arena123 binds you easily have much less binds, but you'll also be gimping yourself heavily.

Also, yeah, ele shamans don't require many binds either. Your most frequently used abilities will be Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, Flame Shock, Unleash Elements, Ghost Wolf, Healing Surge and some other CDs and abilities like Purge and your totems.
    ...have you ever played a Shaman? You seem to come into every PvP thread and discriminate against them. The entire class is burdened by key-binds! I'm going to have to argue that they definitely without a doubt have the most key-binds with or without macros, it's a simple fact you tend to understand when you've played all of the game's classes for the most part of the game. The closest to the Shaman is the Druid, and then the upper echelon is composed of the healers and hybrids, then after those classes most of the DPS are quite similar, until you reach the bottom where the Mage and Rogue sit.

i don't understand where people get this idea that rogues have few keybinds, maybe only ever played assassination?

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Warrior or mage. But i'd say mage because mage.
    Warriors have a shit ton of keybinds. They're up there with hunters in the amount of abilities you really should have keybound if you want to play your best.

If you're including things like focus macros in 3s games all of a sudden warriors fall really far down the list though. If not, then rogues and mages have some of the fewest.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I play sub on my rogue, and honestly it's a pain to keep track. all but one of my bars if fully decked in abilities, and I don't have a single macro. And a lot of the people here, thanks for the advice, are giving me competitive play. For the final time, I'm not asking for competitive play. If pvp was like raiding, I'm at LFR level of skill. I don't think I'll ever been good enough to even do RBG's. I'm just looking for a less difficult class that can keep their own in solo qued normal BG's.

Not, read NOT, in competitive play what so ever. I still won't use any stupid targeting macro, I don't care that much.

Deleted
    I have every single class on max level. 7 of those have decent pvp gear above an item lvl 540 now so i think i can give you a good impression of how many keybinds you'll need. And unless you don't plan on keybinding all hands etc. for your mates individually Retribution Paladin is by far the easiest class when it comes to the amount of keybinds you need. And im talking about playing a class to the absolute max. That also includes extremely situational Cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medurion View Post
    I have every single class on max level. 7 of those have decent pvp gear above an item lvl 540 now so i think i can give you a good impression of how many keybinds you'll need. And unless you don't plan on keybinding all hands etc. for your mates individually Retribution Paladin is by far the easiest class when it comes to the amount of keybinds you need. And im talking about playing a class to the absolute max. That also includes extremely situational Cooldowns.
    I must agree with this. At some point I decided to bind arenapet123 Turn Evil (back when Turn Evil could only hit undead) to shift-zxc simply because I had so many bind spots open.

If you don't care for party12 macros then I think you'll be done with about 15-20 binds, thats with focus macros as well I reckon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Warrior. Macro all cds together, pop that with bladestorm and fear and win huehue.
    LOL...

no.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont PvP much, but Frost Mage?
    Ideally frostbolt, living bomb/frost bomb, frostfire bolt, ice lance, deep freeze, pet freeze, frost nova, ice block, cold snap, polymorph, PoM Polymorh Macro or blazing speed, blink, alter time, icy veins, frozen orb, temporal shield, Counterspell, Cone of Cold. Arcane explosion if you are fighting rogues.

I click half of those but im aware its not optimal and im not trying to be good at competitive PvP.

Edit: If you were doing arenas, then prob the macros for polymorphing arena 1,2 or 3. Prob same for counterspell/deep freeze.
    Last edited by Sunblaze; 2014-05-04 at 09:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunblaze View Post
    I dont PvP much, but Frost Mage?
    Ideally frostbolt, living bomb/frost bomb, frostfire bolt, ice lance, deep freeze, pet freeze, frost nova, ice block, cold snap, polymorph, PoM Polymorh Macro or blazing speed, blink, alter time, icy veins, frozen orb, temporal shield, Counterspell, Cone of Cold. Arcane explosion if you are fighting rogues.

I click half of those but im aware its not optimal and im not trying to be good at competitive PvP.

Edit: If you were doing arenas, then prob the macros for polymorphing arena 1,2 or 3. Prob same for counterspell/deep freeze.
    I count roughly 28 seperate binds alone on my mage, not counting the focus abilities or arena123 abilities, which would add roughly 20 more macros.

I keep my word on ret paladins, DKs and ele shamans. Especially ret, but also ele.