Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Unannounced hotfix nerf to cloth/greens!

Within the past couple hours blizzard nerfed Netherweave cloth drops and green drops from all BC raids and dungeons. An insane nerf it may be worth it to stockpile some because an entire Tempest keep run got me 0 cloth and greens down from several stacks and 10+ greens.

Seems like a temp fix to stop botters but will be messing with the AH, just wanted to warn people.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could have just been really really bad luck...

I'd almost bet they have nerfed it after some websites which I wont mention the name of mentioned seeing 20-40 + 90 druids all farming the same places for hours on end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its been reported on a few twitch streams also, its to stop bots apparently.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

God is that retarded if it's actually true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I miss this announcement? I hadn't heard about anything related to this topic for quite some time.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

>Unannounced

Dude it's like 10 there, everyone will be off work already. The hotfix notes will come in the morning if it happened.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the entire profession leveling system is about to be vaporized (and along with it the value of thousands of old recipes) so it doesn't really make any difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Yeah its been reported on a few twitch streams also, its to stop bots apparently.
    And the bots just move on to the next best spot they can find.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also it is not unusual for Blizzard to "skip" announcing hotfixes to material drops that have been made on account of botting.

I just wish that they would assign a few Customer Service people to go in and select masses of people for permabans in real time whenever these beehives of automation are taking place.

With all of the 85 bots I've seen with the now dead Scroll of Rez, ontop of the 90 bots, I'm surprised it didn't come sooner.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Also it is not unusual for Blizzard to "skip" announcing hotfixes to material drops that have been made on account of botting.

I just wish that they would assign a few Customer Service people to go in and select masses of people for permabans in real time whenever these beehives of automation are taking place.
    Not really possible, since some of those could just be gold farmers (it is ~noon in China right now) and some could just be people taking advantage of farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    And the bots just move on to the next best spot they can find.
    Yeah watch the wraith dungeons become popular specially pit of saron
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinAscendant View Post
    Not really possible, since some of those could just be gold farmers (it is ~noon in China right now) and some could just be people taking advantage of farming.
    It **IS** genuinely easy to identify automation in real time. But I'm not going to start on that now.

10+ Year Old Account

Same. This nerf is basically Blizzard taking the lazy way out, as they always have. All it would take is a few CS people to go around each server and just start banning the fuck out of these people. They are insanely easy to spot. But this is the same thing they did with chests in instances - in BC, botters were farming instances just to loot the chests, and sell everything they got. So instead of just outright banning the botters, they ruined the game for everyone.

Just like the...emberweave? That awesome AoE farming spot in Deepholm. It's like, Blizzard intentionally makes it hard for crafters, in a poor attempt to combat botters and gold farmers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the entire profession leveling system is about to be vaporized (and along with it the value of thousands of old recipes) so it doesn't really make any difference.
    There's an excellent chance that professions will be in a very different place after garrisons mature a bit. Anyone that wants to will have a greater degree of self-sufficiency with regard to professions than ever before. Which will be bad for those who enjoy playing the professions game as it now stands.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Nothing dealing with crafting in this game is hard. It may take some time but time doesn't equal something being hard

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Nothing dealing with crafting in this game is hard. It may take some time but time doesn't equal something being hard
    No one's talking about it being hard. ....?

It seems like a case of noone ever being happy with what happens.

Player 1: "BLIZZARD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOTS"

Blizzard removes Bots primary source of Botting.

Player 2: "OMFG BLIZZARD YOU RUINED MY GAME JUST TO STOP SOME BOTTERS!"

People are never happy.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

They've also nerfed BT (which was full of bots), Potion of Lucks gold drop rate by half, and the Kras Wilds farm spot

If the bots move onto another instance it'll be obvious with /who 90 druid, was happening on the high pops
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-05-02 at 05:12 AM.