Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Been gone since early March and just waiting for WoD now.

Wish it was break time, but alas at only 12/14hc we still have some time yet.. but it may be forced upon us as people grow weary of raiding for 8 months solid or whatever it is, feels like years to me. game is not fun now, its just our sheer bloody mindedness, grit and determination driving us on to 14/14hc.. wod cant come soon enough though.

Not what Blizzard is up to these days, there seems to be a fairly large whole in their development so most people have better things to do than sit and mash through the same content for weeks when the weathers started to be nice outside.

Back when I was playing WoW the "summer dry months" usually started around easter. I wish you folks still playing well but the current vibe is almost certainly the worst it's been for WoW on these boards. Dunno what it's like in game.

(This isn't a "HA! WoW is dying!!!" type post, Blizz do seem to be a little miss-guided at the moment though with months before any light at the end of the tunnel). There's quite a bit of time for other releases to make up fairly significant ground and the folks who play MMO's/RPG's to spread out a little between the various offerings. As it sits I'd think WoW is now finally heading towards being one of several fairly equally represented games rather than the stand-out leader.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2014-05-02 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Still subscribed, but have not played in awhile, very likely to unsub if interest does not pick up in a week or so, which is pretty unlikely.

I was really sure we were already in that period.
    People have run the same raid tier 4(3?) for quite a while, everyone should be really burnt out by now.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

10+ Year Old Account
    yea, har har... i've been on my break since 4.3 :P
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    I remember in TBC period, that I went for karazhan and Gruul raid on my alt a DAY before WOTLK was launching...
    Only latest 2 expacs have this problem, that people burn out very quickly

10+ Year Old Account
    I was mostly done about six weeks ago. I log on once or twice a week and poke around a bit but it's hardly what anyone would call 'playing'. Mostly I'm spending time in D3 right now. I have a backlog of games to play for the summer. Damn you Steam Sales! <shakes fist>
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    I'll be playing through my recently bought month of game-time, but i seriously doubt i'll buy more time before WoD. On the plus side, it's even easier to find a raiding guild now, everybody is looking for raiding members

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    SoO was released 10th Sept 2013, which means it's been out (as of today) for 265 days or nearly 38 resets.

So, yes people are taking a break.

To put this into perspective Dragon Soul was out for 294 days before the 7 day Theramore introduction to MoP...

The only way people are going to come back (that I can see) before the new expansion is when they push the WoD class changes / item squish and whatever else they decide to put in live for people to play with before WoD.

I vaguely remember them doing this in TBC just before WOTLK, all the class changes and new 51 point talents and things? I think this is what they'll do again.
    Yea people taking a break is inevitable when we have a tier that has been out this long and will continue to be the only content available for many more months. My guild has been FARMING Heroic Garrosh since November of last year. Everyone has their mounts, and the only reason to show up now is for some random HWF item you still need (it wont drop tho) and if we are doing a Carry (gold).

Very few raid tiers have been good enough to be still worth doing a year after they are introduced.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    The only way people are going to come back (that I can see) before the new expansion is when they push the WoD class changes / item squish and whatever else they decide to put in live for people to play with before WoD.

I vaguely remember them doing this in TBC just before WOTLK, all the class changes and new 51 point talents and things? I think this is what they'll do again.
    They do so every expansion. Also happened about a month before TBC's release back in vanilla.

I had a character in a raiding guild, mostly there to fill in holes when they needed a body, but that guild server transferred. That was some months ago, and I've done nothing but some LFR since (and not much of that). So raiding has just kind of petered out for me. Oddly, I don't feel any kind of regret over that.

I hope WoD raiding can end up being more motivating. If not, maybe it's time to just drift away from the game.

For now, casual PvP is keeping me interested.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

My guild is taking a small break to give people some time after pushing 13/14 heroic. The goal for us is to come back in a few weeks refreshed to work on heroic Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    They do so every expansion. Also happened about a month before TBC's release back in vanilla.
    This used to be exciting because you could actually respec to get the new talents and try them out at the current level. Now starting with MoP the new talents are level-locked, which means you get the crappy class changes without that incredibly OP tier-topper. Look at hunters post-5.0.4 when it was still Cata, for example...they actually LOST DPS due to Expertise being thrown into the list of stats they needed.

So this time, I don't even think a 6.0 patch will bring people back.

Ive been on a break since late december tbh lol. My Guild stopped at 5/14 HC

It's also the end of the semester for a lot of players who are in college, which is putting a damper on my guild's attendance. Several of our members, myself included, are very busy outside of game with finals, thesis defenses, papers, job interviews, et cetera.

We're also just getting general burnout- we've proficient players, but we usually reach a point in Heroic progression where we start to struggle some. Right now, it's H Thok, with 126 wipes including a very demoralizing 1%. For our group, this tends to start burning people out, and it's worse with the other attendance issues. I was really hoping we'd be preparing for Warlords by now.

However, I'm our guild leader, and though I don't lead the raids, as tired as I am, I feel like my friends depend on me. I'll only take my break if the rest of the guild falls apart around me.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2014-05-02 at 05:58 PM.