Thread: So much yes

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

So much yes

basically a "fuck you, you can't reach me" button
    Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Wait... There are black people in China? You learn something new everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Kids are the worst STD you can catch.

Wouldn't this be better in the alpha thread due to spoilers and whatnot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Wouldn't this be better in the alpha thread due to spoilers and whatnot?
    Spoilers???

I'm pretty sure that "spoilers" applies more to the lore than to items. :-\
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Wish this one makes it into a Minor Glyph in the future. Similar to how Zen Flight for Monks works.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    So much for Button Bloat reduce.
    so much this

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Peopel say the Game is being dumbed down but really, if you have this + WASD + Jump + 2 Engineering Items CLoak/Belt (That everyine will have in WoD)+ CCRemove Trinket + On Use Trinket there is already 10 buttons taken.
    It's only for 1 class though, and also it seems like you can find it Ashran and only use it while you're there and then it disappears. Basically a temporary buff.

Also consider: 2nd tier of the expansion you should have much stronger weapons, which makes it useless if not for the effect, unless they plan to actually scale the old gear from Ashran 6.0

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You lot are kidding right??

Moaning about button bloat over a cool ability like this!!!???

Find an ONE extra bind so you can ascend into the air in pvp out of harms way as a dark seraphim and reign down shadowy death on everyone..........ERRRR YES FUCKING PLEASE!!!

They way some of you whine i wonder if your playing wow on a classic nintendo controller!!!!!

Out of harms way until a Mage polymorphs you... Oh wait they probably won't allow that because people would cry like they did in BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if that effect remains after taking damage? Wouldn't be terribly useful in that case, but if it does remain, it seems quite powerful ability. Or maybe not, you probably can't move while hovering in the air.

Any info on what other classes get?

I dont think this will work in instanced pvp. Out in the world and maybe duels.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Out of harms way until a Mage polymorphs you... Oh wait they probably won't allow that because people would cry like they did in BC.
    "Harms Way" is clearly meant from a melee perspective, a mage can polymorph you regardless of where you are as long as your in range so it matters not if your 30 yards up on the Z axis, this has always been the case.

Truely out of harms way would mean it launches you completely out of caster range as well as melee but that has a double effect of not being able to attack/heal your allys, so not that great and also OP in terms of self survival as its basically bubble on 90s cd.

This is clearly not the case anyways as the screenshot is showing the priest casting smite while ascended.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I don't think people want it to go, they just point out its kinda hypocritical of Blizzard to introduce a rather useful "spell" that's only usable in on zone, rendering it useless on the Action Bars most of the time, while they are removing tons of other fun stuff for the reason of bloating the action bars.
    Agreed, But we need to focus on the bigger picture here, Ashran is all about bringing back world pvp, now because of the scale of such battles, balance is not really considered and issue due to far to many factors making it unrealistic to tune, so with these items blizz has basically gone fuck the balance, lets give them some really cool shit that as abilities/talents would be op as fuck in the normal world but in Asharan its cool, cause its a massive free for all.

All those ability's that the devs or us dreamed up or suggested, but would never come into being because of balance suddenly are a reality, because they are attached to weapons/gear. Having one of these would have the feel of owning one of the legendary weapons during their tier.

Its a very clever design imo, leaves the game of serious pvp and balance to arena/rated bgs, and allows the devs much more freedom for creativity without breaking any of the classes
    Last edited by villie; 2014-05-02 at 05:13 PM.

Deleted
    Player 1, "Hey, SxCPala wanna come do a few quests in Ashran? FOR THE ALLIANCE!"
    Player 2, "Oh, hey Toterminator, that sounds great! Let me just grab this flight path and I'll be there soon!"

--- 5 minutes later -- Task: Collect 6 Ashran Berries.

P1: "You know SXCPala, I really do like Ashran. It's not too intense like some of the old PvP zones and certainly much better than timeless!"
    P2: "Oh quite - I wholeheartedly agree. It is a PvP zone, yet due to its design, ganking is much more avoidable!"
    P1: "Indubitably!"
    P2: "Most specifically - the removal of flying means that we can go around collecting these Ashran Berries for the Ashran People so they can make their Ashran Medicine today and spot incoming ganks! Since we are all on the same level!"
    P1: "Hear Hear!"
    P2: "What's that I hear?"
    P1: "It's a term of agreement, SXC Pa-"
    P2: "No, no - I'm well aware of that literal meaning, Toterminator; I hear something else..."
    P1: "Oh no! Could it be a rogue in stealth? The sound of which strikes fear into the hearts of mortals?"
    P2: "... Definitely not."

*They both hear the following sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrNLOcOX4wY*

P1: "OH NO! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE SXCPALA! RUN! DROP ALL OF THE BERRIES!"
    P2: "What?!?! What is that noise?! What does it mean?!"

*They both turn to the cliff face beside them*

P1: "Holy Mother of..."

*25 Priests serenely float into vision, decked in full PvP gear.*

Priests in Unison: "Discipline, actually. You are the weakest link, goodbye."

All of the priests then use holy fire at once.

Deleted
    Where's My Air Support?, oh there it is.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Just give melee a counter...
    Portable SAM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Class specific weapons <33333

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    this is just an Ashran item, an outdoors pvp zone

"Only usable while in Ashran. Leaving Ashran will cause it to disappear".

It's equivalent to timeless island's rare-spawn weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a fun flavor Item thats it, and who's to say there won't be something along the lines like this for other classes
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    "Only usable while in Ashran. Leaving Ashran will cause it to disappear".

It's equivalent to timeless island's rare-spawn weapons.
    What are those? I never heard of them, can you link?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    It's a fun flavor Item thats it, and who's to say there won't be something along the lines like this for other classes
    Power if it also depends on rarity. Says its epic, so...