Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stats section of the reports show 0.00% Parry. Even though it is no longer on gear, the stat still exists and we get it from Strength correct? Shouldn't I see something in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehpounderer View Post
    Stats section of the reports show 0.00% Parry. Even though it is no longer on gear, the stat still exists and we get it from Strength correct? Shouldn't I see something in there?
    I'll check it out, might be a display bug.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    I'll check it out, might be a display bug.
    :edit #3: I'm an idiot, I removed a line by accident when adding in the parry from ravager. I'll fix it today.

- - - Updated - - -

Anddd... here is the updated version, top download:

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-05-08 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    I'm an idiot
    Just gonna save this for future reference.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Just gonna save this for future reference.
    New sig? ^^

Collision,

It won't sim when I add the level 100 talents using wod.wowhead.com. Also, getting an error regarding Ravager spell data but that might be related to this first problem.

Collision,

It won't sim when I add the level 100 talents using wod.wowhead.com. Also, getting an error regarding Ravager spell data but that might be related to this first problem.
    I don't think we have updated our wowhead-import feature to include the new talents.

If you want to change talents, you'll have to edit the line at the top of the profile:

talents=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Zb!0110212

0110212 is where talents are, and they are imported like this:

The top is the first tier, the bottom is the ravager/am/ignite tier. 0 means left talent, 1 is middle and 2 is the right. 0 will select anger management, 1 for ravager, 2 for ignite weapon/gladiator stance.

A bit early for 6.0 speculation, isn't it?

Only thing I heard is we are getting a "Charge" tier (most likely charge/intervene/intercept).

Quote Originally Posted by Tseng View Post
    A bit early for 6.0 speculation, isn't it?

Only thing I heard is we are getting a "Charge" tier (most likely charge/intervene/intercept).

We already have a charge tier.

Gnomes are always right!

Using the default APL which uses Demoralizing Shout on cooldown, I would have expected to see more uses of Demo if talented for Anger Management. I do, but only slightly more.

I was simming with Vial of Living Corruption which provides 99 readiness (ilvl 580) so without Anger Management I was seeing an interval of 54.47 seconds between Demos, with Anger Management it was 53.92 seconds. My guess is Anger Management is not stacking with Readiness but it should, shouldn't it?

I also was not seeing any significant difference in unmitigated melee damage received from the boss when simming with no level 100 talent selected v. simming with Gladiator's Resolve. I was expecting to see that ~5% difference.

Also, something funny is up with the food. At level 100 in my current T16H gear, I had 3440 stam with food and 2841 without it.
    Last edited by Tehpounderer; 2014-05-12 at 05:39 PM.

Using the default APL which uses Demoralizing Shout on cooldown, I would have expected to see more uses of Demo if talented for Anger Management. I do, but only slightly more.

I was simming with Vial of Living Corruption which provides 99 readiness (ilvl 580) so without Anger Management I was seeing an interval of 54.47 seconds between Demos, with Anger Management it was 53.92 seconds. My guess is Anger Management is not stacking with Readiness but it should, shouldn't it?

I also was not seeing any significant difference in unmitigated melee damage received from the boss when simming with no level 100 talent selected v. simming with Gladiator's Resolve. I was expecting to see that ~5% difference.

Also, something funny is up with the food. At level 100 in my current T16H gear, I had 3440 stam with food and 2841 without it.
    Yeah, food hasn't been stat-squished yet in blizzards spell data. You're better off just removing that line and adding 75-100~ stamina manually.

Excellent catch with anger management, I would have never noticed that. I hooked up anger management into the main warrior_attack function that calculates how much rage to remove when an ability is used, but shield barrier has a special function for itself that I didn't tie in. It will stack with CDR once I fix this.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, fixed anger management, it should now work with everything that spends rage. The default T17N protection profile is getting around a 42-44 second cooldown on demo shout now.

top link

Side-note, if any of you play hunter, I've been working on Hunter while waiting for new patch notes for warrior, so check that out if you like searching for weird bugs/issues that I miss like the above.

Notable options for hunter:
    cdr_mult=12 //Changes multiplier for cdr rating conversion from 11.5 to 12, just like warrior
    locknload=0.20 //Changes the chance that a tick of black arrow will proc lock n load from 15% to 20%. Currently, we don't know what the new proc chance is because it's not in spell data. If there are 10 consecutive ticks that do not proc locknload, (Even if the 10 ticks are on different black arrows) it will force-proc one just like the spell tooltip says now. I'm semi-confident they're going to convert this into rppm, though.

Thanks for everything! Any chance you had a look at this? Is Gladiator's Resolve adding that 5% damage reduction, correctly?

Thanks for everything! Any chance you had a look at this? Is Gladiator's Resolve adding that 5% damage reduction, correctly?
    Oh. They swapped the effect id for the damage reduction in the last patch I guess. I'll need to double check all the spell effect ids sometime before wod-beta is released to make sure they didn't do this anywhere else.

Updated download for the gladiator stance thing.

Collision,

I DL'ed the 5/13 version this morning and was running through a few tests. The changes to Anger Management looks right, but I'm still not seeing what I expect to see with respect to Gladiator's Resolve.

I ran two sims that were exactly the same except one thing. In one I had no level 100 talent selected. In the other, I had Gladiator's Resolve selected.

With no level 100 talent the average melee hit taken was 5717, spell_dot was 5088.

With Gladiator's Resolve selected the average melee hit taken went up slightly to 5749, and the spell_dot was virtually the same at 5086.

I was expecting to see numbers close to 5335 for melee and 4748 for the spell_dot.

Your thoughts?

where did you get the scaling factor for patch 6.0 aka squish factor?
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2014-05-14 at 06:07 PM.

I just wanted to provide some information to the community based on my tests of the 5/13 alpha build of Simcraft for 6.0.

Obviously, this has many limitations. Some of those are the lack of a Resolve implementation. At the moment, it is still Vengeance with the AP bonus to your damage turned off. Also, I don't believe the Gladiator's Resolve talent is giving it's bonus to Defensive Stance in the sim. Also, certain (well-founded) assumptions were made regarding a multiplier for Readiness. In addition, it's virtually guaranteed that some bugs still exist so take everything I am about to say with a large helping of salt.

I simmed by importing my character in near BiS T16H gear, and bumped his level to 100. Patchwerk style T17Q boss. 1k iterations for comparing differences between talents, etc. 10k iterations for scale factors. I ran Glyph of Cleave and Resonating Power. Third major slot was empty. Resonating Power is likely to stay full time since with it TClap is better than Devastate on single target. The other two are likely to be switched around a lot depending on the fight.

Level 100 Talents
    Ravager is looking VERY strong, as both the best offensive and defensive option at level 100. It's Damage per Execute Time is better than anything but Dragon Roar on single target. Defensively, we end up trading Blocks for Parries which improves our offense and defense through more Revenge procs.

Level 90 Talents
    Bladestorm is the worst option both in terms of damage and our rage income. Avatar appears to be worth about 7% more damage, and Bloodbath appears to be worth about 8.5% more damage.

Level 60 Talents
    No real surprises here either. Shockwave looks to be the worst, with Storm Bolt increasing your damage by about 3% and Bloodbath increasing it by about 3.5%.

Scale Factors for DPS
    3.14 Strength
    2.99 Bonus Armor
    0.56 Mastery
    0.41 Crit
    0.38 Haste
    0.36 Mult

Scale Factors for DTPS
    4.45 Stamina
    0.54 Armor/Bonus Armor
    0.43 Mastery
    0.31 Crit
    0.21 Str
    0.14 Haste
    0.02 Readiness

The Readiness scale factor is a surprise to me and makes me think something funny is going on that I will investigate in more detail later, especially since the APL was such that the sim was using Demo Shout and Shield Wall on cooldown.

Scale Factors for TMI
    11.39 Stamina
    3.27 Mult
    2.99 Readiness
    2.00 Bonus Armor
    1.77 Mastery
    1.42 Armor
    1.03 Crit
    0.66 Strength
    0.38 Haste

Things are very early but my take-away from this is, once again, we will be ignoring our best smoothness stats for stats that favor damage output and intake.

Based on things as they look now, I will probably be gearing Bonus Armor > Mastery > Crit.

What about you?

Collision,

I DL'ed the 5/13 version this morning and was running through a few tests. The changes to Anger Management looks right, but I'm still not seeing what I expect to see with respect to Gladiator's Resolve.

I ran two sims that were exactly the same except one thing. In one I had no level 100 talent selected. In the other, I had Gladiator's Resolve selected.

With no level 100 talent the average melee hit taken was 5717, spell_dot was 5088.

With Gladiator's Resolve selected the average melee hit taken went up slightly to 5749, and the spell_dot was virtually the same at 5086.

I was expecting to see numbers close to 5335 for melee and 4748 for the spell_dot.

Your thoughts?
    I spent about 30 minutes debugging the program to find out what was going on here. Finally gave up, asked someone else, and they found it in a few seconds.

Sooo, rather than repeating what Warriorsarri's quote says...

updated

- - - Updated - - -

Also, certain (well-founded) assumptions were made regarding a multiplier for Readiness.
    Remember, you can change that around if you want to see if a higher/lower value will make a significant difference. Just type cdr_mult=20 in the override tab.

CDR is going to be a very difficult stat for blizzard to balance, especially with tanks. =\

- - - Updated - - -

Some of those are the lack of a Resolve implementation. At the moment, it is still Vengeance with the AP bonus to your damage turned off.
    Yeah, resolve is literally not implemented at all. Shield barrier/blood craze(?not sure on blood craze) will be healing/absorbing for anywhere from 2-4 times more whenever we get information on how exactly that works. Theck will code all that nonsense sometime.

Also, I may need to tweak the amount of damage that the boss is hitting you for. I can't remember if it's reasonable.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-05-14 at 11:58 PM.

Gladiator's Resolve is looking correct now. Thanks!

The T17Q boss is hitting for 30k +/- 10%.

Current APL has actions+=/shield_wall,if=incoming_damage_2500ms>health.max*0.6 which was never triggered.

I had to change it to incoming_damage_6000ms to get it to trigger at all and had to go to 7000ms to get it to trigger on cooldown.

Based on the way the game works now, the boss isn't hitting hard enough. But they appear to be making another attempt at being comfortable with people sitting below max health so perhaps this is correct.

Also, can you take a look at Impending Victory. It seems like it's healing way too much. I have 169k health when raid-buffed and it is healing me for 92k, should be more like 25k, right?

Gladiator's Resolve is looking correct now. Thanks!

The T17Q boss is hitting for 30k +/- 10%.

Current APL has actions+=/shield_wall,if=incoming_damage_2500ms>health.max*0.6 which was never triggered.

I had to change it to incoming_damage_6000ms to get it to trigger at all and had to go to 7000ms to get it to trigger on cooldown.

Based on the way the game works now, the boss isn't hitting hard enough. But they appear to be making another attempt at being comfortable with people sitting below max health so perhaps this is correct.

Also, can you take a look at Impending Victory. It seems like it's healing way too much. I have 169k health when raid-buffed and it is healing me for 92k, should be more like 25k, right?
    I'll make all the options hit 50% harder and see what hapepns.

I'll check that out, too.

Impending victory heal was picking up the AP% from the attack, fixed it. T17Q should hit a lot harder now, I updated the download.