Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

MoP on sale right now - worth it for sightseeing?

The addon is currently 50% off and I'm considering buying it to casually play through it's content for a month or two.

Question is, is it worth it just to solo play through it's leveling content, doing some lfg/lfr for the loots etc., or should I save my money?

Also is there any content that is time gated to infinity that I should avoid?

Deleted
    MoP is really good, one of the better expansions Blizzard has ever released, def. worth the money.
    They've removed most of the annoying rep grinds that plaqued the expansion through the first patch cycle.
    I personally think Timeless Isle, the latest addition is bit crap and I'd avoid PvP like plaque until WoD, but other than that, it's good stuff through and through.
    Last edited by mmocdd602b3b80; 2014-05-02 at 05:03 PM.

It's fun to quest through Pandaria a couple times and see the 5.1 and 5.2 daily areas.

Deleted
    Is it worth getting into MoP in June? I've got University exams this month so I can't really be putting much time into WoW for the next couple of weeks.

You should at least do it for the story. Best part imo.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    The addon is currently 50% off and I'm considering buying it to casually play through it's content for a month or two.

Question is, is it worth it just to solo play through it's leveling content, doing some lfg/lfr for the loots etc., or should I save my money?

I'd say it's worth it.

The time gated content would be the Wrathion quest chain, and perhaps some of the rep grinds. Those are mostly ignorable though.

Timeless Isle is the place to quickly catch up on gear, followed by honor gear (ilvl 522, including weapons).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Is it worth getting into MoP in June? I've got University exams this month so I can't really be putting much time into WoW for the next couple of weeks.
    Yes, the next expansion won't be out for a while.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Sure. I've always held out that the WoW level-up experience is one of the best games in the world. You're constantly seeing new content, exploring new areas, new stories.

Sadly that's only 20 hours or so of content every 2 years, but it is what it is.

If you haven't played - yes it is worth it for 1-2 months.

Deleted
    Thanks for your comments. I'm going to get lost in Azeroth for a while =)

Deleted
    WoW sucks nowadays. Better find another game.

There is no fun in leveling, raid or die at endgame and classes feel almost the same.

Personally, I think it's one of the most aesthetically pleasing expansions we've ever had, and the story presentation is also high-quality compared to the past.

Especially if you're planning on taking it easy, I think you'll find it very enjoyable, and well worth the $10 and a few months' subscription. If you feel like doing dailies at all once you hit 90, the Shieldwall/Dominance dailies unlock some very interesting story scenarios, and start with "Meet the Scout" from your faction hub. I highly recommend them if you have the patience to do dailies, the story is excellent.

Depends. I personally like it and the Asian aesthetic. The Pandariens is quite well done. I like Cho voice acting. Chen Stormstout is also okay. I do not like Li Li or Mudmugs voices. Too "American". It is also why I prefer Japanese anime with Japanese voice acting over the US voice acting.

Solo play is fun. The story is good. Although the direction of the Pandariens does not somehow fit their culture. I feel this change was done for gameplay rather lore. Ie, give Pandariens to both factions. I would have prefer they remained neutrals and just give the monk class.

LFD/LFR is fun. You will meet "bad" behaviour. Cannot not be avoided but it is not so bad. Timeless Isle is interesting.

Not as good as WoTLK but better than Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a month or two of wandering around, doing quests and sight-seeing: absolutely. There's a lot to do.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Depends. I personally like it and the Asian aesthetic. The Pandariens is quite well done. I like Cho voice acting. Chen Stormstout is also okay. I do not like Li Li or Mudmugs voices. Too "American". It is also why I prefer Japanese anime with Japanese voice acting over the US voice acting.
    In my opinion, they all sound too "American".

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you plan on playing WoD you have to buy MoP anyway. may as well get it while its cheap

yea.. lol a hunter with a bow shooting from far away feels exact same as pally with sword and sheild.. XD lol makes perfect sense.. lol not! wow so much stupid in 1 comment XD

Deleted
    Well, if you are ever going to play WoD, you'll have to get through MoP as well.

It doesn't feel too bad on your first character; Jade Forest actually looks quite awesome, and Dread Wastes are pretty intimidating with all the darkness and corruption.

However, the magic runs out while leveling your second character - and when you realize that 90% of all panda lore is about stupid beer/food jokes covered with annoying pseudo-oriental philosophy straight from B-class movies. And then there's the stupid amount of phasing to unlock content that you need to grind on every character. Soulbound crafting materials mean that you pretty much must do the Tillers farm quests on every character with crafting professions, even if you dislike it.

But as said...if you are ever going to play WoD, you must get MoP anyway.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2014-05-02 at 11:18 PM.

for the conspiracy theorists, they might be trying to get more sub numbers before their earnings report.

for those thinking about coming back, dont bother.

questing is the same, collect x of this, kill y of that, ride this vehicle and do some stuff.

end game is basically gonna be impossible for you unless you are super geared. so LFR is your option, and there's a ton of idiots in LFR now.

maps look like any other zone with fog and whatnot, nothing stood out to me ever since Nagrand. even then Nagrand stood out simply because the other zones were boring and terrible.

dont bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    MoP is really good, one of the better expansions Blizzard has ever released, def. worth the money.
    They've removed most of the annoying rep grinds that plaqued the expansion through the first patch cycle.
    I personally think Timeless Isle, the latest addition is bit crap and I'd avoid PvP like plaque until WoD, but other than that, it's good stuff through and through.
    I agree with this, it's been a very good expansion (minus the PvP). It's worth the $ to check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    well the new expansion set isn't hitting any time soon hell latest December so why not now with the sale going on.