[Suggestion] Character/Boss Loot Locks

Your character is eligible for loot the first time you kill a boss that week. You can still kill that boss on other difficulties or even the same difficulty but aren’t eligible for loot for that boss.

example:
    My guild clears Siege of Orgrimmar on Heroic (flex) difficulty. We still have time in our raid schedule and can start working on Mythic Immerseus. If we happen to kill him that week we wouldn’t get any loot.
    example 2:
    My guild clears Siege of Orgrimmar of Heroic (flex) difficulty and we are done raiding for the week. My friend’s guild needs help with their Heroic run. I can then help them but wouldn’t be eligible for any loot that drops.

Loot drops scale with the number of players that are eligible for loot.

example:
    In Mythic difficulty if all 20 players are eligible for loot you will get 4 pieces. If 19 players are eligible for loot you would get 3 pieces and 80% chance of a 4th piece.
    18 players eligible = 3 pieces and 60% chance of 4th.
    17 players eligible = 3 pieces and 40% chance of 4th.
    ….
    2 players eligible = 40% chance of 1 piece.
    1 player eligible = 20% chance of 1 piece.

Ability to zone into any boss your character has ever killed.

example:
    My guild clears Siege of Orgrimmar on Heroic (flex) difficulty. The next week we are going to work on Mythic. Since we have previously killed all bosses on Heroic we can then start our week on any of the bosses we choose. We decide to start at Galakras and clear to Garrosh then start working on Mythic Immerseus through Sha. We couldn’t zone in to any boss other than Immerseus unless someone in our raid had previously killed another boss on Mythic difficulty.

Boss mount drops that drop 100% of the time require 80% of the raid to be eligible for loot. If the raid is at 80% but your character is locked the mount would still drop but you wouldn’t be eligible for it.

Boss specific titles. Instead of being tied to one boss it would be tied to all previous bosses also.

example:
    Hellscream’s Downfall. You would have to kill every boss in Siege of
    Orgrimmar on Mythic difficulty to get this title not just Garrosh.

For this to work there would need to be some new or redesigned UI elements. Something to tell you which bosses you are eligible for loot for that week. Something that shows what percent of the raid is eligible for loot. And something that enables you to zone into any boss you have previously killed.

Also made a post on the WoW forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12673548345

Feedback is appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    FYI, in WoD Heroic and Mythic raid lockouts are different, so you'll be eligible for loot in both of them.

I see the problem you're trying to address - which is that you can't even zone into a lockout if they are 1 boss kill behind you for that week, or help out a friend if you've killed everything that week already. But I don't like the idea of changing the loot to percentages like that, I think it will end up being something that could be gamed. Of course, you can't do your idea without some sort of mechanic like that because then it would be way too easy to use that system to gear up alts/mains by bringing in a bunch of people who aren't eligible for loot that week. But I really don't like that for Mythic raiding, I wouldn't change the way that works. As for heroic (flex) raiding in WoD ... the loot part already adjusts, since that's part of how flexible raiding works. I don't know if I've seen or if Blizzard has said how Heroic lockouts will work in WoD - will they be like Flex where you can run them multiple times just not get loot? I guess I wouldn't mind heroic raid lockouts working that way, it would be a lot more PUG friendly.

They've also already discussed and mentioned a way to design things so that people aren't required to kill all the bosses as well as possibly some sort of key or other mechanic to skip ahead to the end boss or later bosses, so I'm not sure we need the ability to just instantly zone in to any boss we want.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2014-05-02 at 07:02 PM.

Yeah, I know that Normal (flex), Heroic (flex) and Mythic are all separate lockouts. The main problem I'm trying to address is the pressure for semi-hardcore guilds to clear every difficulty every week. In Wrath I burned out big time with all the separate lockouts and feeling the need to do them all to stay competitive.

My suggestion could do without the ability to zone into any boss. The reason I added it was so that you could gear up in Heroic (flex) before doing Mythic and the ability to skip bosses you are loot locked to in order to get the bosses you need loot from.
    Last edited by Ryz; 2014-05-02 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryz View Post
    Yeah, I know that Normal (flex), Heroic (flex) and Mythic are all separate lockouts. The main problem I'm trying to address is the pressure for semi-hardcore guilds to clear every difficulty every week. In Wrath I burned out big time with all the separate lockouts and feeling the need to do them all to stay competitive.

My suggestion could do without the ability to zone into any boss. The reason I added it was so that you could gear up in Heroic (flex) before doing Mythic and the ability to skip bosses you are loot locked to in order to get the bosses you need loot from.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there isn't going to be a "normal" in WoD. Its just going to be LFR, Heroic (flex), and Mythic. With LFR not dropping tier/trinkets, and supposedly being the same ilvl as you can get from heroic dungeons (at least the first tier), raiders will not have pressure to clear several lockouts each week. If you are a guild that wants to do Mythic raiding, then you will probably want/need to clear Heroic, at least during the first tier in order to gear up. But as long as there are regular/hard modes you're going to have to do both for a period of time until its all hardmodes. And past the first tier, if the gear progression doesn't go crazy, its very possible (at least I hope) that guilds who cleared Mythic the tier before will not need to do Heroic the next tier, beyond maybe clearing it a couple times to get used to fights and for specific pieces. But either way, if you are a semi-serious raider at most you'll probably ever need or want to run Heroic and Mythic in the same week, until you've progressed along in Mythic enough that Heroic gear doesn't matter much, which is going to be better than it is now with LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic and less than WotLK as well.

Having separate Heroic and Mythic lockouts does lead to more duplication than if it was one lockout that you either did the hardmode or the regular fight on a per boss basis - but I don't think it will make a big difference. Earlier in the tier you're going to want to clear Heroic for the gear and work on some Mythic fights, and as the tier progresses you are going to need less and less Heroic. With what they've said they are going to do regarding not having all bosses be mandatory and some way to skip ahead then even as you progress deep into Mythic if you still need some of the gear from later Heroic bosses it shouldn't be too difficult to get to them.

Of course, this is all just going on what has been stated so far by Blizzard, we'll all have to see how that plays out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, not sure why I thought that there wouldn't be a normal, just Heroic/Mythic/LFR in WoD. Ah well.