Holy Priest 568/569 Ilvl.. Looking for some input on HPS

My HPS are usually from 75-90k..
    Been told I'm not ready to raid Heroics Unless I can stay at 150k+++

Is there any way to improve this..

In 10 mans we only have 2 healers, on some bosses I'm top HPS and Heals.
    In others my HPS and over all heals drop by 15-20%.

Top heals
    Usually I'm teamed up with a druid or shaman, each party complains on how I should be outputting at least 150k HPS on any boss..

Is it possible to beat a druid or shaman heals?

So far in oq all I've gotten are complains about not hitting that cap, I'm not sure on what to do any more.

I believe that as long as people are alive were good, not sure what to do at this point...

Any tips would be helpful.
    Top Heals 45-56
    Me 27-40

Thanks again.

-Eilaurise - Frostmane Priest

PS - Can't post a link to my armory... D:
    Last edited by SirDuderave; 2014-05-02 at 09:17 PM. Reason: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Eilaurise/advanced

Holy priests while they can do great healing when paired with an equally good healer the priest will often always be beaten, your mastery for one will be largely useless if healing with a druid as rejuv/WG will largely heal before your mastery ticks more than once.

Your raid leaders should not be looking purely at meters, some fights don't even have enough damage to break 100k hps if 2 healing.

Fights you should be pulling high hps on is Protectors, Noru, jugger, malkarok the only fight where a holy priest can really top the meters, thok, on these fights there is more than enough healing to go around and if your much lower than 10-15% below the other healer then your doing something wrong, most of the other fights will range in the 100-150k hps max range unless your solo healing it.

If there is an option to go disc when you have gear you will most always top the healing meters and contribute a good chunk if dps but it requires a completely different healing set.

Basically Holy will always heal lower than most other healers due to holy being strong in fights with constant moderate damage of which there is very little of that in MoP, also which way are you healing, serenity chakra with renew blanket is the general way to heal in 10 man as you can refresh renews with cascade and you get lots of free instant heals, blue chakra is generally bad unless you can guarantee full use of PoH healing.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If there is an option to go disc when you have gear you will most always top the healing meters and contribute a good chunk if dps but it requires a completely different healing set.
    Not necessarily true.

10 man holy priests uses crit, which shares with disc.

Just run full mastery high crit as holy, and it will do well on disc spec as well.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

kenn9530, you're absolutely right on does 4 battles I'm the top healer and can easily break 150k HPS++ With 40-60% of the healing..
    That might be one of the issues that I have I need to keep up renew on everyone... I will try that and see what happens.

SO far I been kicked out of 2 normal SOO Garrosh Kills for that reason that my HPS are low... Druid the first time and shamman the last time... I think its impossible to out heal them or try to catch them up D:

Should I respec or should I focus on learning a rotation?

PosPosPos; I used to run Holy/DISC I can re spec I just found Disc Really Boring.....

Inner Focus or Inner Will D:

Still not sure on what to do D:

I need to be ready to prove my self asap !
    Last edited by SirDuderave; 2014-05-03 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDuderave View Post
    kenn9530, you're absolutely right on does 4 battles I'm the top healer and can easily break 150k HPS++ With 40-60% of the healing..
    That might be one of the issues that I have I need to keep up renew on everyone... I will try that and see what happens.

SO far I been kicked out of 2 normal SOO Garrosh Kills for that reason that my HPS are low... Druid the first time and shamman the last time... I think its impossible to out heal them or try to catch them up D:

Should I respec or should I focus on learning a rotation?

PosPosPos; I used to run Holy/DISC I can re spec I just found Disc Really Boring.....

Inner Focus or Inner Will D:

Still not sure on what to do D:

I need to be ready to prove my self asap !
    Inner Fire > Inner Will (Inner Focus is the spell that makes your next PoH/single target heal? crit)

If you want to sit in for garrosh, you should definitely pick disc up.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Are you suggesting that holy/DISC is much better then having an off spec dps ?

- - - Updated - - -

After talking to some people in Heroic Raids they suggest that I go DISC.. Thoughts on that?

If you can learn and become competent with Disc quickly then it will far outshine holy on every encounter in SoO (except maybe Malkorok).

Will Do, any tips?

Will Do, any tips?
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1837

Read this guide, if you have any additional questions, post them here. I'm more than willing to help you out. But I figure a general outline of the spec will help you more than me giving you a few random tips.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Not necessarily true.

10 man holy priests uses crit, which shares with disc.

Just run full mastery high crit as holy, and it will do well on disc spec as well.
    disc doesn't really use spirit so with holy only gear your going to have 14-18k spi as holy so your losing 8-10k worth of stats making disc healing in holy gear highly gimped.

- - - Updated - - -

on garrosh normal there is barely even 250k hps worth of healing throughout the whole fight so both healers will be sitting at best around 100k, if your able to get a set for disc you can spec holy for fights where you can pump out extra healing and go disc for low damage fights, it would be better overall to just go disc for every fight but switching between them will help you from not getting too bored if you hate disc.

Only other option if your mostly only healing normal is if your up to it solo heal fights like garrosh normal. Fights in normal really don't have high hps requirements and you can only heal whatever damage is there to heal up.

I raid heroic as holy (when they let me) with 12k spirit. With a few off-pieces it wouldn't be that hard to bump up to that spirit level. I've never felt the need for more than 13k spirit with the LMG as Holy.

My recommendation is go disci and swap to holy in fights with heavy raid damage, the raid leader sound like a dick and he want you to pad the meters.

So far this is the best gear I have and have set pieces for holy.. What should I do? What should I respec on my gear?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urise/advanced

You don't need that much spirit, not even close. Especially with the healer LMG, try and shoot for 10-11k to start with, and slowly wean yourself off of whatever you can as you begin to feel more comfortable.

Red Socket --> Int/Crit Gems
    Yellow Socket --> Crit Gems
    Blue Socket --> Spirit/Crit

Are you blanketing renews? I do 150k in holy spec with basically 40% of my healing coming from renew and my gear is worse than yours. Use custom weakauras strings for FLCD and DI (for seeing duration and some fights in SoO have such shiny environment it's impossible to see the Blizzard proc icons). Get VuhDo or Grid for clustering to optimise PoH and make sure to have a PoM tracker + weakauras string for stacks from 4-set.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Are you blanketing renews? I do 150k in holy spec with basically 40% of my healing coming from renew and my gear is worse than yours. Use custom weakauras strings for FLCD and DI (for seeing duration and some fights in SoO have such shiny environment it's impossible to see the Blizzard proc icons). Get VuhDo or Grid for clustering to optimise PoH and make sure to have a PoM tracker + weakauras string for stacks from 4-set.
    what you're describing there suggests you're doing 25 men. especially with the other healing being a shaman/druid, disc sounds far superior. even more so with a druid as two guys with strong hots/raid healing that mainly want to do aoe healing and not look at the tanks that much just doesn't stack up very well. shamans rely on riptide/healing rain/healing stream totem a lot as well which again clashes if you want to do renew/pom/poh.
    having at least one absorb healer is also great for a lot fights. plus disc is a better spec for 10 men anyway, by a good margin. if you aren't married to your holy spec, I'd definitely look to swap spec. playing disc isn't exactly tough either. divine star whenever it's reasonably useful, otherwise dps. get some addon/weak aura to know when the shield-mana-return thing is available and otherwise happy nuking.

Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    what you're describing there suggests you're doing 25 men. especially with the other healing being a shaman/druid, disc sounds far superior. even more so with a druid as two guys with strong hots/raid healing that mainly want to do aoe healing and not look at the tanks that much just doesn't stack up very well. shamans rely on riptide/healing rain/healing stream totem a lot as well which again clashes if you want to do renew/pom/poh.
    having at least one absorb healer is also great for a lot fights. plus disc is a better spec for 10 men anyway, by a good margin. if you aren't married to your holy spec, I'd definitely look to swap spec. playing disc isn't exactly tough either. divine star whenever it's reasonably useful, otherwise dps. get some addon/weak aura to know when the shield-mana-return thing is available and otherwise happy nuking.
    renew blanketing is only viable in 10 man, 25 mans your main healing will be from PoH

I have just updated my gear with gems and enchants.
    What do you guys think.

Eilaurise - Frostame

disc doesn't really use spirit so with holy only gear your going to have 14-18k spi as holy so your losing 8-10k worth of stats making disc healing in holy gear highly gimped.
    You can heal as holy with low spirit. It's just a bit harder than with disc. Holy can burn excess mana to dish out extra hps, so if you run a low spirit build you just avoid doing that.

Learn to be flexible.

- - - Updated - - -

renew blanketing is only viable in 10 man, 25 mans your main healing will be from PoH
    And the funny part is, this thread is about 10 man raiding.

I'm focusing on 10 man Heroics