Deleted

wintergrasp/tol barad

So, I read that on lvl 90 tol barad and wintergrasp will be available again, and read on forums they will drop latest pvp loot as they did in the old days but now for lvl 90.
    Sounds like fun, tol barad perhaps not... but had lots of fun in wintergrasp and winning to get groups after reset for VoA which was also a fun raid.
    How are people feeling about this? Many people playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    First, I'd like a source on that.

But secondly, it really comes down to getting enough people to do Wintergrasp. You need huge swaths of people to get a good Wintergrasp match going.

I could give a rot about To Barad; it was terrible back in Cataclysm and I highly doubt that would change much now.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    they are currently buffed to 90 and play just like they used too, although it never gets to the number of players that use to play them

10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrasp was really fun, makes me feel nostalgic for wrath. Tol Barad was terribly designed.

Deleted
    Hard to find anything specific about it really, so perhaps not many people running it?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3225625818#1 I found. Havent played since cata but weekend panda 50% off + 10 free days made me jump back in with some friends. Find in pvp screen that you could take part in wintergrasp and tolbarad at lvl 90 and started googling around.
    But doesnt people at least run them on weekly resets for loot? If they had weekly quest and bosses drops latest pvp items? Voa was a fun raid I remember

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaq View Post
    they are currently buffed to 90 and play just like they used too, although it never gets to the number of players that use to play them
    They don't reward (feasible) rewards for level 90s beyond honor.

If you don't tie conquest in or actual level 90 gear, you wont get near as many people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Hard to find anything specific about it really, so perhaps not many people running it?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3225625818#1 I found. Havent played since cata but weekend panda 50% off + 10 free days made me jump back in with some friends. Find in pvp screen that you could take part in wintergrasp and tolbarad at lvl 90 and started googling around.
    But doesnt people at least run them on weekly resets for loot? If they had weekly quest and bosses drops latest pvp items? Voa was a fun raid I remember
    That thread is from 2012... Current WG and Tol Barad do NOT drop level 90 gear and reward nothing more than generic honor points for victories/quests... which, obviously, is not enough to draw any number of people to them.

I don't see any reason to think Blizzard would update them for WoD.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrasp especially is used for under geared toons to gain honor while they work to become competitive.
    I have taken all my alts there to gear up and so while I am here I'll add some tips for max honor.

0. Get the weekly quests, they are not available if you zone in at the start of the game, just wait a few minutes for the npcs to respawn (they went for a bio break)
    Even when weekly quests have been done, it's still worth going if in your own opinion you're in bad gear, also a change of pace and scenery from random bgs.

1. Get up to First Lieutenant - a) it gives more honor for a win and b) you can make all vehicles . Catapults take a long time to demolish towers and walls, don't make.

2. Rank up killing npcs on the middle road, they respawn fast. Kill two then mount up and go up road kill the other two by the bridge then go back, and rinse repeat.
    There are more npcs around the zone but this is the best place and due to that you may be competing with others in your team.

3. Take all workshops , each one held at victory is bonus honor.

4. If you're defending and see enemy tanks are up, do not ignore it and just go rank up. No defense is a quick loss. To see if there are tanks up, it will show on screen.

5. If you're defending you will also once ranked up, want to destroy the three south towers to end the game 13minutes faster. Have one person on this if there is a need for defense.

I enjoy it, have had some good fights there.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    They had there time. Time to move on to something new.
    this. but i do wish they could be cross realm.. my realm had such a crazy long queue that u could come in to WG like once every full moon.

so couldnt complete some achievs there while it was current.. now our realm has 2 90s online at peakhour on alliance.. no shot in hell to get the shit done..

and ontop of that the cannons hits like wet noodles, so even if i got someone to help me.. kill 100 ppl using cannon? wat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Saying they had their time is like saying that about any of the BG's, because that's essentially what they were anyway. I thought Tol Barad was absolutely terrible but Wintergrasp was pretty unique. I think they should have constant relevance, enough to pull a crowd but not over the top.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4