Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Playing a random match of Temple of the Kotmogu possibly the worst ingame experience?

I "blacklist" this BG on all my characters for the simple reason that this BG might be the worst experience I've ever had in WoW with a random group... time and time again.

Not sure if it's because people just don't understand how it works or because there are always PvE heroes in there for their cloak quest, but it's a BG that you usually win or lose in the first 30 seconds and after that it's one giant eruption of swearing and cursing at each other.

Anyone actually have good experiences in this hell-hole ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have had a few times as ally, it comes down to if your team actually wants to put in some efforts. Also the amount of boosted chars in BGs are a problem

I love this bg,its very gear dependent and requires some brain to win,but with a decent team its amazing.The biggest issue as Demsi mention and not only in TotK is the amount of boosted players,they can ruin all the bgs but especially this one,for many reasons.
    P.S My w/l is about 75% as ally. 214 battles 152 wins.

What you mean with boosted here?
    Are peeps buying pvpboost or particular this map?

Hit or miss as with any bg. Have had 'worst' and 'best' games in each one. Temple is a little harsher simply because it's more gear dependent. I imagine once they implement the system to 'scale' up all gear below a certain ilvl up to a minimum ilvl in WoD this type of thing will be a lot easier to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it on my healer, really easy to escape form people thanks to the two tiered layout so i can just transcend and continue healing :P

I don't know - is the experience of Temple of Katmogu comparable to IoC and AV?
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

when you're winning you love it, when you are losing you hate it. because the mechanic isn't boring, it's fun to play. but god with most RBG's its full of idiots on your team, and the other team has a handful of prideful guys, joy.

I've only lost a handful of Kotmogu games, usually have a few good healers so we rarely ever get beaten that much, but when it does happen, it sucks xD I find IoC/AV as Horde to be pretty terrible anymore.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Also it favors casters in the sense that you can just pick people with the orbs standing in the middle, makes it hell for melee, except dk though

Deleted
    Terrible ranged biased map, ill stay as far away from it as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Terrible ranged biased map, ill stay as far away from it as possible.
    non stealth melee yeh, a rogue can just pop up on someone with orb stacks and they fall over.

That map does really suck for melee, but I find it really fun on Horde in my BG.
    Stay salty my friends.

I dunno, I went in there for my cloak (as a pve hero.. or more like a pve scrub these days) and I was smashing the shit into everything, as a Warrior. That was back before they lifted the Ilvlcap to 522 though. But yeah I've never in my life been so effective at pvping with pve gear on, hilarious. Maybe Warriors are just super strong, I don't pretend to be any PvP expert and I haven't done it properly since TBC.

I quite enjoyed the games I had there. Rift already had this BG years ago and I'm guessing Blizzard stole the idea from them.. I quite like it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    I recently played both ToK and Mines for my legendary. But pvping is my thing, this was actually the easiest part of the quest for me. I literally just walked in grabbed an orb and healed everyone and won the game so easily, same with Mines. We stomped them like a bug.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Saying its possibly the worst ingame experience is a bit over-dramatic dont you think?

I would imagine getting ganked on all your chars whenever they login forever to be far worse...

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    non stealth melee yeh, a rogue can just pop up on someone with orb stacks and they fall over.
    Truthfully can't anyone? I play Warrior, Feral and Rogue and I never have any issues stomping someone as soon as they pick up the orb. CC them whether that's Cheapshot/Pounce/Stormbolt then destroy them they don't stand a chance most times unless they use defensives or have a healer. In RBGs we have people specifically assigned to take out the orb carries, few on the healers and the rest CCing to help out our carriers.

Won 87 out of 123 matches and I only play in random groups.

I rather enjoy it. It's the only BG that can't be ruined by one side having too many healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like Temple of Kotmogu. Much, much, much more than I like Deepwind Gorge. I just zerg orb carriers all game or wreck healers.
    In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
    I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come.

I have ToK blacklisted on all my characters. I agree, it is absolutely the biggest piece of shit BG in the game. I could go into reasons, but why bother. Everyone who despises this trash already knows why. It is the worst BG they have ever made.