Looking to return, some thoughts.

So I only really played D3 for the first 3 weeks of release, until I realized it wasn't viable to play Inferno with my (at that time) lousy computer.

So with a new computer I'm looking to try it out again, but as I only got D3 through my WoW sub, I never had any interest in getting RoS. So how would playing "vanilla" D3 work out for me, did it get all the updates that came with RoS (personalized loot and all that?). What am I missing out on by not buying RoS?

For comparison, would it be very similar to how vanilla D2 and LoD worked out, with the extra act/extra classes that a vanilla player wouldn't be able to do?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermut3 View Post
    So with a new computer I'm looking to try it out again, but as I only got D3 through my WoW sub, I never had any interest in getting RoS. So how would playing "vanilla" D3 work out for me, did it get all the updates that came with RoS (personalized loot and all that?).
    Yes, vanilla also has smart loot, as well as paragon levels, torment levels, etc. It is nothing like the original D3 vanilla you remember, with inferno farming, and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermut3 View Post
    What am I missing out on by not buying RoS?
    The best parts of the game really; bounties & rifts mostly, and of course A5 and the the crusader class.

And the Mystic, which is a not entirely crucial addition but one that is generally very useful (if sometimes expensive). More than a few times I've been able to take sidegrades and turn them into clear upgrades by rerolling to a specific stat, which is even more useful when that new upgrade is a legendary with an affix you want.

Don't do it! Seriously, I honestly suggest waiting until August when they release the next content and major patch and see if they've fixed things. Currently, if you are an ARPG fan or a D2 fan, the game is still stupid. It's great and well polished in the leveling and pre lvl 70 area, but once you get to 70 and are about 4 hours in, you quickly realize that there isn't any reliable progression. You'll start to see the same fucking legendary or set drops, all of which are worse than what you have or are special bonuses to a spec/build you don't play.

Wait to see if they bring back trading. I'm pretty much done with RoS until something gets switched over.

IMO: ROS > D3 vanilla. But D2 >> D3 vanilla. So...

Closing - don't necro old threads is you don't have anything to add and the discussion is pretty much ended.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.