Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    None of these bosses need the nerfs. It's Thok, Blackfuse, Paragons, and Garrosh that need it. +8 ilvls won't make up for summer burnout, not filling groups, and the only recruits you can find are L90 boosts or people who never bothered to get a cloak.

Trust me, those people aren't going to be maximized or VP capping. +8 ilvls isn't helpful at all except to those (I among them) that are already 580 and can just upgrade their gear.

There was no logic whatsoever in this change as a way to 'help' struggling guilds. We're 11/14H and have been since November. Not asking the game to be designed around us, but we've repeated Thok only when our healers make the raid, and we don't get further because of callouts and recruits that do 1/4th of the DPS our veterans do.
    you expect nerfs so people in 580 gear can carry new recruits with no cloak doing "1/4th" of the damage you do?

sorry but there are no nerfs big enough, it's a progress issue, you cannot get the recruits because you have not progressed far enough, you have to recruit people below your 11/14 level yes this sucks, but what are you expecting blizzard to do to siegecrafter/paragons/garrosh that won't make it so faceroll it's basically normal mode? because thats whats required if you have recruits doing 100k dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I don't think so. I have killed 188 Heroic 10-man bosses this tier and have 4 HWF pieces. And I am the only clothie in my raid.
    We got people in our 25 raid who never have seen certain items drop, ever, while always being in the raid. 26 Immerseus kills and counting.

Killed 6 bosses on my rogue. Got one WF item.
    Killed 3 bosses last night on my rogue. Got 2 HC weapons.

RNG is RNG is RNG.

And sometimes its a pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you expect nerfs so people in 580 gear can carry new recruits with no cloak doing "1/4th" of the damage you do?

sorry but there are no nerfs big enough, it's a progress issue, you cannot get the recruits because you have not progressed far enough, you have to recruit people below your 11/14 level yes this sucks, but what are you expecting blizzard to do to siegecrafter/paragons/garrosh that won't make it so faceroll it's basically normal mode? because thats whats required if you have recruits doing 100k dps.
    that not it - that more for guilds which have 3/4 of their members around 575 and 1/4 freshly recruited around 565 (becase lets face it no 575+ raider will apply to 11/14 hc guilds - they go straight to either 13/14 hc or 14/14 hc -_-) this buff to itlv will allow them to farm faster and spemd more time on new bosses instead regress on spoils/thok cause of new recruits who have to learn it -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    Nazgrim: The assassins no longer randomly crit people for 900k
    Fixed that for you.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    No, that's definitely shamans. Assasins regular melee hits are kinda weak, it's only Backstab that hurts. Warshaman, on the other hand, has decent melee hits until he randomly crits and one shots someone before he's tanked.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    No, that's definitely shamans. Assasins regular melee hits are kinda weak, it's only Backstab that hurts. Warshaman, on the other hand, has decent melee hits until he randomly crits and one shots someone before he's tanked.
    Well on Heroic, Shaman are supposed to be tanked and/or chain-stunned, he's not really supposed to melee raid members. Assassins are, they just aren't supposed to get Backstab off.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Well on Heroic, Shaman are supposed to be tanked and/or chain-stunned, he's not really supposed to melee raid members. Assassins are, they just aren't supposed to get Backstab off.
    Not the best idea to have a tank take the Shaman. Most times they come out around the taunt swap and if your DPS are slacking and haven't killed the shaman then the tanks can't swap and you'll get a War Song which hurts in heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Not the best idea to have a tank take the Shaman. Most times they come out around the taunt swap and if your DPS are slacking and haven't killed the shaman then the tanks can't swap and you'll get a War Song which hurts in heroic.
    I mean, either way you should tank or chain stun him which means you have to kill him quickly, there's no getting around that last part.

If you do the first swap of the fight at 4 stacks instead of 3, the swaps don't line up with shamans (depending on how much he ends up running back after heroic leaps though).

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    next nerf might be epic gems

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    I'm so selfish that i won't consider to stop raiding until all my raiders have their Garrosh mount. All of them deserve it, and i'll make sure all of them get it. Then i'll consider unsubbing.

Don't get me wrong, i totally understand that there are many guilds that are still in progression, but SoO has been out for so long that talking in terms of progression is just silly. If this was not the last tier and just a mid tier, i'm sure that we would already have a new tier, with a new raid and none of those guilds would be raiding SoO anymore, they will just clear it in heroic with a nerf and more ilvl, just as many have done with ToT during 5.4.

Just my opinion of course, but nerf it (optional of course, even if no one uses that option), make it easier for everyone to play a content that has been around for too long and you can even give it some more life.
    I'm usually not one for nerfs but that's cause I'm part of a guild who can kill the bosses without. So with that in mind, I sorta understand why some people would like more nerfs. Cause lets face it, if you can't clear 14/14 Heroic with the gear you have now, it's a player issue that won't be solved without nerfs or well 500+ pulls. I sorta wanna say, that you can't really talk about progression this late into the Tier but that's in terms of any meaningful guild ranks. Cause the guilds who're still working on the last bosses, would most likely prefer a bit longer to kill them before any more nerfs are applied.

Personally I don't care, since nerfs just means faster clears and easier time for my alts. As Geckoo, my guild killed 10 man Heroic Garrosh on December 1st. after which we went 25 man and now we're farming the mount for all our raiders as well. We're at the stage where we can almost clear in one night, only we decide to be bad and wipe on Garrosh a few times. So with nerfs we could definitely clear in one night, which all our raiders would prefer.

What I'm trying to say is, that whether or not nerfs are good/bad really depends what sort of player you are and at what level you raid.

In terms of the suggested "targeted nerfs" the OP suggests, they're honestly just silly. It's more like a blanket nerf - even on bosses that aren't remotely hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    If you do the first swap of the fight at 4 stacks instead of 3, the swaps don't line up with shamans (depending on how much he ends up running back after heroic leaps though).
    If you do the first swap at 4 stacks you gave him unneeded rage. You have plenty of time to pickup everything, your taunt has a 40 yard range, no ?
    Or perhaps dont tank them 200 yards away from each other ? You can interupt the heal and move from the totem, no ? :s

- - - Updated - - -

What ? You can swap whenever you want, sunder is applied with range.
    You can even tank them ontop of each other if you can manage to move / interupt.

If your tanks blame that for not swapping, get better tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    If you do the first swap at 4 stacks you gave him unneeded rage. You have plenty of time to pickup everything, your taunt has a 40 yard range, no ?
    Or perhaps dont tank them 200 yards away from each other ? You can interupt the heal and move from the totem, no ? :s
    We don't even tank the adds ever, and the "extra" rage doesn't do anything, doesn't land you near a warsong or ravager so it doesn't matter. Sunders are what, like 10 seconds apart baring heroic leap movement? sunder that gets you to 4 only gives him 20 rage, so you might get a banner? oh no.

I'm just saying that if a group does choose to tank the adds with the person not currently on the boss, you can do one taunt swap different and they should end up not lining up with the shamans... Can also just do a double taunt swap (boss tank takes shaman, shaman tank takes boss), doesn't really matter.

What ? You can swap whenever you want, sunder is applied with range.
    You can even tank them ontop of each other if you can manage to move / interupt.
    That's how you get earth shields on the boss, which you have to be stupidly fast at dispelling to avoid healing him for a hundred million.