Demonic Gateway is broken,

This has got to be the 10th time I have tired using Demonic Gateway during the Kanrenthad encounter and Demonic Gateway failed to do absolutely ANYTHING.

I click, nothing happens.

Yet anywhere else I don't have this issue. I guess this is just an added bug to make the encounter more difficult?

Deleted
    Probably stating the obvious, but are you sure you aren't trying to use it when you have the debuff you get to prevent you from spamming it?

Moved to the Warlock-specific forums, as such a class-specific question is more appropriate there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Probably stating the obvious, but are you sure you aren't trying to use it when you have the debuff you get to prevent you from spamming it?

It happens at times when I haven't even used it. I usually run close enough to use my circle. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't fucking get it but it's bullshit. I had him to 2% health once and the portal didn't work so I got one shot by his fucking chaos bolt. Ever since then I can't get below 50% because I either try to use it or I get so fucking shaky and nervous that I can't function.

Yeah this isn't a thing. Gateway works fine.

Deleted
    If you're struggling to click it then get the glyph of gateway attunement and stand away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    It happens at times when I haven't even used it. I usually run close enough to use my circle. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't fucking get it but it's bullshit. I had him to 2% health once and the portal didn't work so I got one shot by his fucking chaos bolt. Ever since then I can't get below 50% because I either try to use it or I get so fucking shaky and nervous that I can't function.
    Why are you even los'ing CB? Just keep his aura of omnipotence dispelled and sact pact each CB.

My assumption for it not working... you're either not clicking it, or you're running far enough from the original gateway that it despawns, which will usually leave one of the two sides still up.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    ...or you're running far enough from the original gateway that it despawns, which will usually leave one of the two sides still up.
    This would be my guess. The gateway half closer to you will not despawn but nothing happens when you click because the other half has despawned (100 yard range limit). Personally, I didn't bother to even put up the gateway in that fight. I did LOS with portal.

Deleted
    For PVP-reasons (lol) they nerfed Demonic Gateway from a 15second debuff to 60(!) second debuff.

But this change was made a long time ago.

You could just use Demonic Circle to LoS the Chaos Bolt.

You know, the way it was intended to be done. :P

Deleted
    You are not in LoS, just saying.

never had this issue ever since getting my lock to 90

If you are not completely in line-of-sight of BOTH gameways it will put you on the 60 second cooldown but not actually show you as having the debuff. This has been an issue in PvP for the last couple of seasons and I don't believe they have fixed it yet.