Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

2 Hand Legendaries

Is it me or do they still seem useless - Is there some sort of calculation I'm not interpreting because whenever one drops and I see that -35% damage in red...I just sigh

Playing a Monk btw

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crusaders and followers seems to be the only ones who can benefit from a 2h weapon at this point.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengel View Post
    Crusaders and followers seems to be the only ones who can benefit from a 2h weapon at this point.
    Kinda silly IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Wengel View Post
    Because we have no other option.

10+ Year Old Account
    2H loose to 2x1H, simply because of gems..

If you could have 2 sockets on a 2H weapon, then it would probably be strong...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    2H loose to 2x1H, simply because of gems..

If you could have 2 sockets on a 2H weapon, then it would probably be strong...
    Too strong on crusaders;d

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up a Stalgard's Decimator that rolled really well on my Barbarian. It does insane damage with a Frenzy build. I've yet to find a 1h pair that does as much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I picked up a Stalgard's Decimator that rolled really well on my Barbarian. It does insane damage with a Frenzy build. I've yet to find a 1h pair that does as much damage.
    another 130% crit damage gem does wonders;p

I think it all has to do with your playstyle and the luck of the roll you get. You also can't simply compare white dmg to white dmg and think 1 item is better than the other. I have a pretty sweet Inna's Daibo, but I also have 2 1 hand legendaries that are win. Even though Inna's is comparable, I don't like it because 2 handers are typically too slow for how I like to play my monk.

However, 2 handers are SICK for +weapon damage abilities...typically more so than 1 handers because of their top end dmg. For example 7 Sided Strike will hit for a couple million more with the Diabo vs my dual wield.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ I think that's part of the problem - You probably can't just compare right away and thus have to do math or find some website calculator to let you know. As it stands now when someone is dual wielding legendaries and they get a 2h legendary drop and then they see -35% damage in big red letters...most would be like, well that's useless. Blizzard needs to make them better or find a better way to compare them so you don't think right away "oh I'm going to lose 35% in dps". Who would chose that when the object of the game is to kill mobs as quickly as possible.

You essentially lose 130% Crit damage.

The ONLY 2 handed weapon ever to beat Dual Wielding was level 60 version of Skorn. It could roll nearly 200% Crit Damage on its own and thus it was the best weapon you could get, granted you got good rolls.

Some niche 2h legs are good for a monk and if you are doing a non crit build they serve their purpose too. There is a daiblo that doubles your attack speed that is pretty good and has a near 100% uptime while attacking.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maximus fire build is pretty strong for 2 hander. Those fire chains are insane.

I crafted a near perfect Golden Scourge. 1198-1487 bonus damage (thats 1 off max min, and 3 off max max) with 10% dmg affix (granted thats not working yet) and even *that* is a good 17% behind my "not very well rolled" 2Her. With the Flawless Gem already in.

They should change the Heavenly Str passive to read "Allows to wield 2Her and shield, deal 15% less damage" and then rebalance the damage for the class to compensate. 2H or 1H should be a CHOICE not mandatory. Also 15% less movement speed is such a fucking pain in group games. Yeah sure its mitigatable but really its just a quality of life drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Unfortunately, they're mandatory for Crusaders. It's frustrating looking at those nice flail bonuses and awesome 1h weapons and realizing that you can't use them because it's Heavenly Strength or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I crafted a near perfect Golden Scourge. 1198-1487 bonus damage (thats 1 off max min, and 3 off max max) with 10% dmg affix (granted thats not working yet) and even *that* is a good 17% behind my "not very well rolled" 2Her. With the Flawless Gem already in.

They should change the Heavenly Str passive to read "Allows to wield 2Her and shield, deal 15% less damage" and then rebalance the damage for the class to compensate. 2H or 1H should be a CHOICE not mandatory. Also 15% less movement speed is such a fucking pain in group games. Yeah sure its mitigatable but really its just a quality of life drain.
    We already covered 2h vs 1h crusader in another thread if I am remembering you right. So don't ignore the facts and think that the paper dps of -20dps means anything significant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Unfortunately, they're mandatory for Crusaders. It's frustrating looking at those nice flail bonuses and awesome 1h weapons and realizing that you can't use them because it's Heavenly Strength or bust.
    The 2 current fotm builds use 1h. So.... no.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Maximus fire build is pretty strong for 2 hander. Those fire chains are insane.
    My crusader doesn't even have a fire build and that chain crits for like 7M a tick.... it's kind of absurd. If that guy is out, rift bosses melt, even on T3. Too powerful in my eyes for a thing that is out probably 70% of the time from my guesses.

It would be nice if 2H weps could benefit double from gems.
    Final Fantasy XIV info= Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table
    WoW info= Gareth- Uldum Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    We already covered 2h vs 1h crusader in another thread if I am remembering you right. So don't ignore the facts and think that the paper dps of -20dps means anything significant.

- - - Updated - - -

The 2 current fotm builds use 1h. So.... no.
    In what post was that, cant seem to find any description of a post like that, would love to see what the arguments are there. TY.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that people only read sheet dps and think "oh, two crit gems > one". When in fact the difference between 2h and DW amounts to burst vs consistency.

For example, there are several cooldown-based builds for monk, barb and crusader that all work far better with 2h simply for their much higher damage rolls, and in some cases their procs as well.
    There is a very nice Seismic Slam build for barb, for example, that would do horribly with DW. Same goes for Bells/SSS builds for monk.

Just because the Fotm is DW and people can't look past sheet numbers (which are pretty much meaningless in every form now) doesn't mean 2h are useless - far from it.