Trinkets and other stuff

I have a question about which trinket is best as I have the 2 normal BIS trinkets (TTT and EEG) but I also have the heroic fusion fire core from norushan. Now according to one website HFFC and TTT rate higher but then I would lose the lower cds from EEG which I feel would be a huge loss of dps. Up till now I have been using EEG and HFFC for imaoe heavy fights and switching to TTT/EEG for single target boss fights but I’m not sure if using EEG/HFFC would be better all the time.

Another question I have is that I have seen posted that the CD for AW can go down to 1.2 min but mine is at 1.41. Is the 1.2 min with the heroic warforged version or am I missing something? I can’t access armory from work but if you can look up Jeratha-Barthilas and look over for any other comments I would be obliged.

hey, perosnally i find FFC to he crap all the time even for AOE cleave. if you were to use it tho for AOE use that and TTT for the extra mastery/haste (much better AOE)

now for the cooldown on EEOG it is based on a factor of 100 so 1.41mins is not 1min 41 sec it is actually 1min 24 secs.

basic math is 41% of 60 sec

Maybe that math is a bit over my head because the cd is up every 1 min and 41 seconds with upgraded normal EEOG so I don't see how it can actually be 1 min 24 sec when the cd is 1 min 41 sec.

(Base CD)/(1+x)=New CD

Where x is the % in decimal form*

So 120/1.41=85 seconds is the new CD.

*Credit to Fredzilla for that formula

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    In no way does 3% cleave chance, beat either 8% amp (upgraded) or 42% cdr. It's BiS is always those 2 trinks, and they are only replaced with higher iLvL versions. (warforged, HC, or HC warforged)

The amp trink doesn't just boost 1 stat, its 4 stats (crit dmg is kinda counted as a stat) and 3% cleave chance, is very very very low to even consider taking.

Its almost as bad as taking the 3% lifesteal trinket from iron jug for tanks, which is not worth it at all.
    Last edited by Graviss; 2014-05-09 at 07:08 AM.

yes but don't forget the proc though. In large aoe fights i've had the cleave be 5-7 % of dps done not taking into account the proc.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why would you take a cleave trinket over a talent swap? 7% cleave dmg, doesnt beat a dmg boost through changing to DP and having DS do more dmg with mastery, crit amp, and a higher haste.

(higher haste meaning that you can have more change to use DS again by lowering cd's and gcd's)
    Last edited by Graviss; 2014-05-09 at 01:13 PM.

In no progression fight would I ever consider using the cleave trinket, you're focusing too much on actually killing the boss rather than doing pad strats (think Spoils where you're on progression you're using more mediums than smalls), as for farm bosses, do whatever the hell you want, you still won't get super high ranks without a strat devoted to getting you one.