Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What does 2H 2014 mean?

On frontpage, WoD is expected 2H 2014, what do they mean with this? O.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Second Half, 2014.

Deleted
    Just a quick guess - 2nd half?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Second Half, 2014.
    so 9th month or am i wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    half of 12 is 6. so Jan thru June (1-6) = out. July thru Dec (7-12) still open.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Is 12 / 2 9?

No?

Then you're probably wrong.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    2nd Half, as they said in the Q1 call too.

So, from 7th month to 12th month. I myself think it'll be in September.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I agree, it's most likely second half- which fits with what we already know. Since September is not totally off the table with the "Fall" timeline we've gotten in the past, that leaves fiscal quarters three (July-September) and four (October-December)- second half. Assuming September is a possibility, they couldn't say "fourth quarter."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I agree, it's most likely second half- which fits with what we already know. Since September is not totally off the table with the "Fall" timeline we've gotten in the past, that leaves fiscal quarters three (July-September) and four (October-December)- second half. Assuming September is a possibility, they couldn't say "fourth quarter."

There's nothing to agree or disagree with. 2H MEANS Second Half. It's a common business term, like Q3 for third quarter. It's always relative to the calendar year unless stated expcliclty that it's to the fiscal year (some companies' fiscal year isn't congruent with the calendar).

Odd that they wouldn't just say 3rd Q or 4th Q. They must just not know.

This is pretty useless information, since this is pretty much already common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    This is where things start to become dicey on release. Do they want to rush for a last minute Q3 gain (Sept release) or tent-pole through Q4 (Oct release). I honestly do not see it being much later than those with as much info as we already have out. Though it would likely be released at the tail-end, or very first, of a quarter, so using "half" would be the best scenario, or else people will go crazy. (Side note: it is interesting that has changed from "fall" to "2H 2014")

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drattack View Post

This is pretty useless information, since this is pretty much already common knowledge.
    It's a quarterly earnings report for investors. Most of it is not new except for subs data, and that is how every quarterly report has gone. It's a financial report. They use other outlets for announcements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    (Side note: it is interesting that has changed from "fall" to "2H 2014")
    Idk where you got fall from, the only concrete thing I've seen was something that stated it would be out before December 31st.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drattack View Post

Because you cannot plan technical difficulties or developments. Easier to say 2nd half.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    This is where things start to become dicey on release. Do they want to rush for a last minute Q3 gain (Sept release) or tent-pole through Q4 (Oct release). I honestly do not see it being much later than those with as much info as we already have out. Though it would likely be released at the tail-end, or very first, of a quarter, so using "half" would be the best scenario, or else people will go crazy.
    that's WHY they used the 2H term. It confirms that they believe it will ship in the July-Dec timeframe without committing them to either quarter.
    (Side note: it is interesting that has changed from "fall" to "2H 2014")
    2H 2014 contains fall. It's a common business term whereas fall really isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Idk where you got fall from, the only concrete thing I've seen was something that stated it would be out before December 31st.
    Actually, they said by 12/20 which, technically, is fall in north america (Winter starting on 12/21).

Deleted
    It's all bullshit talk, we all know they'll release it in December ... I don't even know why they have to lie all the time, they should grow some balls.

"Fall" was used when Alpha was first announced. I believe it was in Celestalon's twitter feed. people latched onto it for weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    It says fall right on the website under the pre-order button.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    that's WHY they used the 2H term. It confirms that they believe it will ship in the July-Dec timeframe without committing them to either quarter.

2H 2014 contains fall. It's a common business term whereas fall really isn't.
    Why are you trying to argue a point that we agree upon?

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    It says fall right on the website under the pre-order button.
    AH! Thanks. That's what it was. The pre-order announcement that coincided with Alpha.

Deleted
    It means the 6 months of 2014, starting with July and ending with December.

WoD is going to release September-October 2014.

Cinematic launch July-August 2014.