Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Sarcasm] The reason why flying has to be removed in WoD

.. as Blizzard wants to make completely new, funny, immersive Quests.

Let me quote:

97 Can't Live With 'Em, Can't Learn Without 'Em Rescue 8 Jorune Miners from within the Jorune Quarry.
    97 Collect Crystals [PH] Collect 10 Handfuls of Jorune Crystal Dust from within the Jorune Quarry
    97 Destroy Diggers [PH] Collect 6 Solidified Goren Spit Samples from the Jorune Quarry.
    97 Duskwing Dust Collect 7 Handfuls of Duskwing Dust from the Duskwing moths on Duskfall Island.
    97 Goren, Goren, Gone! Destroy 15 Goren Stonechewers and their leader, Pastrok within the Jorune Quarry.
    97 Goren, Goren, Gone! Destroy 15 Goren Stonechewers and their leader, Pastrok within the Jorune Quarry.
    97 Icky Picky Collect 60 Aruunem Berries from around Duskfall Island.
    97 Just Peachicky Rescue 7 Frightened Peachicks and return them to Caleb.
    97 No Miner Left Behind Rescue 8 Jorune Miners from within the Jorune Quarry.
    97 Sher'KHAAAAAAANNNN! Kill 8 Sharpfang Stalkers and Destroy Sher'khaan.
    96 Antivenin Collect 9 Deathweb Fangs in Deathweb Hollow.
    96 Antivenin Collect 9 Deathweb Fangs in Deathweb Hollow.
    96 Arkonite Crystals Gather 8 Arkonite Crystals at the Overload Mine in Talador.
    96 Book Burning Obtain 3 Shadow Council Spellbooks and burn them in the fire by Kor'thos Dawnfury in Gul'rok.
    96 Changing the Tide Speak to Restalaan at Retribution Point.
    96 Destination: Unknown Destroy Zerus in the Ruins of Xandros.
    96 Destination: Unknown Destroy Zerus in the Ruins of Xandros.
    96 Disrupting the Flow Destroy 4 Burning Resonators in the Burning Front.
    96 Felblood Collect 6 Felblood Samples by killing Stormreaver Fearmongers in the Court of Lights in Talador.
    96 Goldenwatch Camp Ride with Lady Liadrin to Goldenwatch Camp in Talador.
    96 Hiding In The Shadows Destroy 3 shadow orbs in Gul'rok.
    96 Holding the Line Slay 10 demons in the Burning Front.
    96 Holding the Line Slay 10 demons in the Burning Front.

Collect.. Kill.. Slay.. Yes, you need to remove flying for that!

I understand now, Blizzard. And.. it will be really immersive.. or not?

Kill 10 demons, collect 6 felblood, Rescue 8 miners, Collect 10 Stardust..

Edit: I miss a poop quest. Was the designer who designs poop quests in Warcraft assigned to other tasks?
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-05-04 at 07:32 AM.

If there was a way to like posts, would like in a heartbeat. Granted yes, we don't know all the quests yet, but that trend hardly looks like immersive to me, more like typical pain in the butt usual ones...

Deleted
    These types of quests are the backbone of EVERY mmo game.

MOP daily quests

kill 8 demons
    kill 1 named mob
    collect 8 things

finished 10min

WOD daily quests

kill 8 demons + everything else that aggro
    kill 1 named mob+everything up to it and on the way back
    collect 8 things+fight w/e mobs around it

finished 30 min

and ppl said mop questing was shit, cant wait for the shitstorm that will come in wod
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you proposing they add quests that involve resurrecting people and placing objects randomly around the map?

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize Cata was the only expansion that allowed flying during the leveling? The quests you used as examples mean nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Edit: I miss a poop quest. Was the designer who designs poop quests in Warcraft assigned to other tasks?
    He was probably occupied with business on the toilet.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2014-05-04 at 07:40 AM.

You picked out 23 quests.

There are over 120 quests in the Jade Forest alone, for any one given character.

Did you really believe this would be a strong indicator of the full scale of the type of quests we'd see in WoD? Of course there are gonna be collect/slay-X-goons/kill-this-guy quests. It's an MMO, what the fuck did you expect? It's way too early to assume that's all we're getting, especially given that we haven't touched anything yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other words, you don't like playing the game? Complaining about questing in an MMO is like complaining about shooting NPCs in an FPS. If I could just fly over all the NPCs on the way to the level's exit/boss, it would be a pretty shitty game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    MOP daily quests
    kill 8 demons
    kill 1 named mob
    collect 8 things

finished 10min
    WOD daily quests

kill 8 demons + everything else that aggro
    kill 1 named mob+everything up to it and on the way back
    collect 8 things+fight w/e mobs around it

finished 30 min
    and ppl said mop questing was shit, cant wait for the shitstorm that will come in wod
    If people start a shitstorm over not being 100% efficient, that's just hilarious and sad.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

more like how the daily quests in mop was so bad even with flying.

yet they plan to probebly make daily quests even more annoying.

trust me the shitstorm already started with blizzard trying to dodge the bullet with giving vogue answers.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

In Jade Forest they only had you build the outhouse for the monkey excement, in Kun Lai you had to mark some goat excrement with flags so some grummle could collect it for the kaffa beans. The first was Horde only and rather indrect, shit related nontheless, the second one was for everyone and still rather direct, even though they didn't let you sift through it yourself for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Well there are technical reasons as to why we won't see flying in WoD, not even from 6.1 onward.

The buildings and zones are designed back like Vanilla was. Some areas are unfinished and the back of castles and dungeon entrances is untextured and without design. It probably saves them time not having to fully design zones or having to worry about people being able to peek around the mountain and buildings. Second is the bonus objectives, they activate when you approach areas. If you'd allow flying people would just get spammed with bonus objectives, especially at max level for the dailies.
    No. No. No. No. No. I really do not know how much I am going to have to say no. I can provide screenshot proof they are in fact doing just the opposite and preparing the world for flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sarcasm aside, we won't be seeing flying because this is Timeless Isle v2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaud
    Warlords of Draenor also uses Treasure and Rare Spawn system that was added with Timeless Isle. For example, Frostfire Ridge has 33 rare spawns and 41 treasures in the zone, compared to the 33 rare spawns and 10 treasures on timeless isle. There are even a few group quests in some zones.
    SeeFront page

So, no flying because we're going to keep running through choke points lined with whatever replaces tigers, to get to the rares. OK, I rather enjoyed TI for the first couple of months, but I have a feeling this could get old fast, particularly if we get reputation grinds and dailies in the style of TI.

As an immersion point, I find it mildly annoying that my druid is once again less competent than NPC druids. I liked Thisalee Crow, but I hope that next time I meet her she is cussing up a storm about having to skulk around as a kitty.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    more like how the daily quests in mop was so bad even with flying.

yet they plan to probebly make daily quests even more annoying.

trust me the shitstorm already started with blizzard trying to dodge the bullet with giving vogue answers.
    I guess you must've missed where Blizzard told us they were moving away from dailies being a thing.

I don't get why flying is the main gripe of WoD - I think people ought to be more concerned with a immersive, if not fluid, cohesive, and ultimately, enjoyable gameplay.

I think that's what counts in my book, anyways.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    He was probably occupied with business on the toilet.
    Would be surely an interesting job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    I don't get why flying is the main gripe of WoD - I think people ought to be more concerned with a immersive, if not fluid, cohesive, and ultimately, enjoyable gameplay.

I will agree with you on all points except that the removal of flying at max level is pretty much just an annoyance factor.

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post

It boils down to an inability to accept change they don't agree with. They'll get over it eventually.

aggravation is important to a game
    if its to easy...why would you care about it?

i say keep flying out, for the sake of having an actual game to play
    vanilla style

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    No. No. No. No. No. I really do not know how much I am going to have to say no. I can provide screenshot proof they are in fact doing just the opposite and preparing the world for flying.
    Even though I think that the no-flying crowd is delusional when they think it#s absence will fix anything, I'd agree. I don't see any reason blizzard would do that again and so far no screenshot shows any sign of that. With the topology of newer content it's simply no longer feasable to do that as well, since you just scale a mountain and can look at the trees from above. Blizzard has learned their lesson here I'd like to think.