Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Post your Rogue UI!

I have always felt that rouges are the hardest class to play well, and has very high skill cap to play. Having had a bunch of RL friends play a Rogue, I have been able to see their UI layout face-to-face, and see where they mapped each move to.

I have one friend who is that quintessential BAD rogue who doesn't know how to use his Stun DR's properly and ALWAYS blows his burst at the exact WRONG time. I always just thought (gah he's just awful at Rogue) But no. his key mappings were ALL OVER the place.

From a PvP stance especially, keeping everything refreshedand ticking as well as properly building Anticipation is Rogue foundation 1.0 these days. So having these talents and skills in a quick reach is essential.

POST YOUR UI! I WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU MAPPED WHERE

Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-03-06 at 07:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just use the default UI with extra action bars. I have no need for poorly-coded third-party mods.

As for key-mapping:

1-4 are my openers/generators,
    5-7 are the finishers,
    Everything else is either utility or healing.
    Last edited by Anthas; 2013-03-05 at 07:46 PM.

Not the best but i see what i need to see. tmw shows kidney and the paralytic stun too.

Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-03-06 at 07:22 AM. Reason: big image

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc1aa672af62; 2013-03-05 at 08:03 PM.

The problem isn't necessarily key-mappings. Having a comfortable setup where you are not constantly roaming all over your keyboard helps, for sure. But as long as you are familiar with your key-mapping to the point that you don't have to think about what key you are pressing, and just have the muscle memory to just instinctively hit that key when you want that ability, your key-mappings shouldn't matter too much.

The more important thing might be looking at how debuffs, buffs, and cooldown times are displayed. If that information is not presented in an easily readable way, you are going to run into the sort of problems you describe in your OP. Lining up cooldowns, or avoiding DR on stuns is all about seeing that information displayed in a concise manner.

I like it. Keeps everything in my field of view and then cleans up out of combat.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-03-06 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is mine, I am left handed so all my keybinds are the numpad on the keyboard, although it does not look like I have a lot binded it is in fact got shift/alt modifiers so 40+ binds

Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-03-06 at 07:24 AM.

Deleted
    http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9...1013125624.jpg

/E:
    Quote Originally Posted by Miseinen View Post
    Cool stuff. What addons are you using?
    Last edited by mmocad8be81406; 2013-03-06 at 12:34 AM.

Deleted
    Mine

Only screenshot of UI and realms are down qq

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoswald View Post
    I just use the default UI with extra action bars. I have no need for poorly-coded third-party mods.

As for key-mapping:

1-4 are my openers/generators,
    5-7 are the finishers,
    Everything else is either utility or healing.
    Not all mods are poorly coded..

How do you get to 5-7 easily? Are you using esdf for movement?

Quote Originally Posted by Art3x View Post
    Not all mods are poorly coded..

How do you get to 5-7 easily? Are you using esdf for movement?
    ya srsly. 5-7 is...a reach, especially for finishers...

Please, use thumbnails to post images, i don't want to edit every post in the thread :P

Here's a link to a guide for images in the forum - Handy Guide

Back on topic, here's my last work (sorry, don't have a rogue screen, but i plan to do one today if everything works )

Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9...1013125624.jpg

/E:

Cool stuff. What addons are you using?
    Mostly a slightly edited (by me) version of ElvUI, ifilger for debuffs and cd tracking and that's mostly it

Running a combo of RealUI - for it's absolutely unmatched tracking and minimalist effects and ElvUI for it's clean looks and light weight.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

http://i.imgur.com/hxG0EgU.jpg

When I get extra combo points my combo meter changes the bars to light red. Dispatch is the blizzard default *hey your thing proc'd* appears around my character.

I could do with messing with MSBT and cleaning it up.

Deleted
    I like this UI. Clean and minimalistic.

Btw how many posts do you need before you can post links so I can show mine?

You require 10 posts to be able to post completed links, however, if you break it up others will generally post a completed version under yours if you're extra nice
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Savalia View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/hxG0EgU.jpg

When I get extra combo points my combo meter changes the bars to light red. Dispatch is the blizzard default *hey your thing proc'd* appears around my character.

I could do with messing with MSBT and cleaning it up.
    Hey, glad you're enjoying the UI! I'll be updating it pretty soon.

10+ Year Old Account