Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Is the new group finder REALLY going to be what Blizzard hopes it do be?

I mean they tried before:
    - current group finder: pure shite noone uses it for decent purposes.
    - voice chat: used to promote faster communication ingame between people: died

i have no good hopes for this, just another tab in the ui that won't be touched.
    well at least, i will be a lfr player that would like to get into flex but no way anyone is going to accept me to their raids with my lfr dumbed down gear.

Shame.

The current group finder is in an awkward place and doesn't support the majority of the feature the new tool will. Also, comparing it to the Voice Communication Tool? Really?

It'll be a fantastic addition, and it'll get a lot of use.

Deleted
    The current group-finder works good, I use it every day and I know my friens do too. If you refer to the Other Raids-groupfinder that is.

I think Blizzard will take the best from Oqueue and add something of their own into it, and I doubt its gonna be anything like voice chat that you brought up as a point.

the entire reason they are making group finder is because of how well oq and open raid did.

this is like asking "is quest helper REALLY going to be what blizzard hopes it to be?"

the addon is ALREADY THERE, it works, alot of people at blizzard themselves use it. all they need to do is touch it up a bit and make it part of the standard ui
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The new group-finder is already in the game, although it's a bit tricky to locate. It's a fantastic tool though. My usual wait time for Ordos / Celestials is ~5 minutes. For flex the wait time is 10-20 minutes, depending on the hour.

I think the current group finding tool mechancially works as it should. It can use a little clean up UI wise and making it a little easier to find would be a plus as well. But over all I think it is heading in the right direction.

Not much to complain about. I am sure they will only make it better from its current state.

Deleted
    i didn't know it was in the game yet, thanks for informing us that can't read forums all day 24/7 blizzard

It will be glorified attempt at mimicing oQ I'm guessing? Which... is full of wannabe elitists who require a raid full of 555 for normals and 550 for flex... higher than is possible when climbing the ilvl ladder. Yes it's final patch so slightly easier with a finished Legendary Cloak and some Ordos drops, but good luck in a fresh expac.

So far it looks like the best way to play wow is unsub until the final patch of every expac, then plow through the fun parts and you'll still have plenty of down time/time to play other games before the next one is released.

Quote Originally Posted by kappaorkeepo View Post
    i didn't know it was in the game yet, thanks for informing us that can't read forums all day 24/7 blizzard
    And you still find something to complain about ... What a really interesting guy you must be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TCceen View Post
    It will be glorified attempt at mimicing oQ I'm guessing? Which... is full of wannabe elitists who require a raid full of 555 for normals and 550 for flex... higher than is possible when climbing the ilvl ladder. Yes it's final patch so slightly easier with a finished Legendary Cloak and some Ordos drops, but good luck in a fresh expac.

So far it looks like the best way to play wow is unsub until the final patch of every expac, then plow through the fun parts and you'll still have plenty of down time/time to play other games before the next one is released.
    If you think other people have too high demands in oqueue for flex/normals, you can allways start your own groups

Also I think Blizzard made it so that you werent gonna be able to ask for 550+ ilvl (as an example) in the new group finder unless your char is that ilvl.
    So thats at least good in the aspect that we wont see any more of those "boost me" groups where the groupstarter is 525 and asks for 540+ people.

Quote Originally Posted by TCceen View Post

They've already said you won't be able to set requirements that you don't meet. Nice try.

It sounds quite good to me I have always found Oqueue to be a bit cumbersome to use. I don't think there is much that can be done to stop players asking high gear levels especially when they already have high ilvl gear and just want a stress less run.

Of course not. People will still use openraid for flex pugs because people would much rather make a pug from reputable people than total strangers. Blizzard always fails at these things. It like they put all their geniuses at work on the game itself and then leave the interns to make the interfaces. Just look at the dungeon journal, it's like they threw all the options and features into a box, scrambled it, and called it a presentable interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Blizzard always fails at these things. It like they put all their geniuses at work on the game itself and then leave the interns to make the interfaces. Just look at the dungeon journal, it's like they threw all the options and features into a box, scrambled it, and called it a presentable interface.
    The dungeon journal works fine; the main problem with it got fixed not too long ago (the difficulty in paging through bosses' loot pages got fixed).

Quote Originally Posted by kappaorkeepo View Post
    Well, they can't tell you it's in, because... it isn't in yet. The one that's there now is still the original Group Finder that was only fixed to work cross-realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    It already is.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Current Group finder =/= New Group finder in 6.0 (or WOD?).

The new one is essentially oQueue, you can list groups for anything. The tool we have at the moment is the same one we've had for years, just changed to support Cross-Realm so people actually use.

So to all those saying it's already in... no, it's not. If it was, we wouldn't still be using oQueue.

What we need to know is if they are really going to make the tool we need and not the tool they think is correct.

OQ works fine because it gives players a lot of freedom, if they can't deliver that same freedom to group as we want, then it will fail.

My biggest concern is how it will work for non english servers... i don't need a tool to group with other spanish servers (in my case), i need a tool to group with anyone from europe willing to play the same content i want to play. Outside of that particular concern, i guess that if everybody is in the same pool it can work fine as long as they give players all the freedom to set up the groups as they want.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    The dungeon journal works fine; the main problem with it got fixed not too long ago (the difficulty in paging through bosses' loot pages got fixed).
    That IS the point, it takes Blizzard ages to fix very obvious and simple things when it comes to UI.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Group Finder, LFR etc. all have only one purpose. Getting good players to carry bad, so the bad players keep playing and paying.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Doubtful, Oqueue has major flaws, and I find it unlikely that Bluzzard will address such issues. The problem with a built in system is that it can't be super data heavy, and thus it ends up lacking a lot of important information.

Oqueue has next to no feedback system, very little control, you can only share a small chunk of information. Openraid has none of these issues, but it is online, it doesn't need to be confined to a small in game system. Openraid let players schedule ahead or pug, have things like running spreadsheets for mount farming, run on alts because their main was viewable, and most importantly give written feedback. On top of that there needs to be a solid voice communication system, blizzard needs to fix theirs because buying a 1M slot mumble just isntfeasible.

I would love for them to make a good system, but unless they have an armory link with other characters and a written feedback system it's not a good system.