WoW loses over 1/3 subs just in 3 years

World of Warcraft lost 4,4 million customers in just 3 years (2011-2014). In start of Cataclysm (which is stated to be one of the best expansions due to high subs in launch) there were 12 million subs. That is ~58% more than we have now.

Let's all face the fact that this game will be over soon and I have pointed some reasons for this:

-Raids are too easy compared to vanilla/TBC
    -5 man heroics are too easy compared to TBC
    -PvP is unbalanced
    -LFR & LFD tool
    -Xrealms
    -Faction and race change
    -Classes feel same
    -No vanilla / TBC servers
    -P2W (guilds migrating to reset lockout and getting more gear, serious issue for long time)

Also I remember when I playd in vanilla everything were just more interesting. Every zone and dungeons felt so cool and unique. Now when I enter to new zone or instance it's not that great and that may be due to poor lore and boring atmosphere.

Blizzard fanboys will ofcourse defend almighty Blizz and are blind to whats happening around them right now. Open your eyes and just face the fact that we are now in the end of Warcraft unless Blizzard will open vanilla / TBC servers. If Blizzard won't open these realms we shall abandon WoW and move to ArchAge that is true sandbox MMO.

Together we can bury WoW sooner by unsubbing if they won't do full 180° turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's quite huge. Time to reverse the casual bullshit it seems.

Best times off wow are defiantly over based on thoes numbers yes.

And inb4 some people saying "You can't keep playing the same game for 7-10 years" - I could, if it stayed fun.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    amg I'm so sad vanilla was great crai crai. Dude stfu. Pandaland was shit imho so I unsubbed, will resub for WoD. the only reason vanilla felt new and exciting was because there was nothing quite like it. You will NEVER get your precious ''amg so exciting'' back, get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    WoW has been casual from the get go. .
    Lol nope. All but casual. Ty for your input tho.

Are you saying a game has lost a third of it's subscribers in a third of the time it has existed?!?

Sarcasm aside, seems mathematically right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    Raids are too easy compared to vanilla/TBC
    Nostalgia - Raiding is a lot harder today, take a look at just Siegecrafter Blackfuse. There is plenty to be aware of, a lot to manage and a lot to be doing. Classic / The Burning Crusade rarely had any of that, it was almost entirely gear driven, rather th

5 man heroics are too easy compared to TBC
    5 Man Heroics were never really intended to be a difficult aspect of the game. Only one time where they ever really difficult, and that was in The Burning Crusade, several years have gone since then, which clearly suggests that was not their intended design.

PvP is unbalanced
    Always has been, always will be.

LFR & LFD tool
    Greater access to content is hardly going to cost subscribers ...

Xrealms
    I'm convinced the people who complain about Cross-Realm Technology are the same ones who've complained about empty realms.

Faction and race change
    ... No

Classes feel same
    My Brewmaster Monk feels identical to my Elemental Shaman, you're right!

No vanilla / TBC servers
    No ...

P2W
    World First is not Pay-to-Win.

Terrible thread, terrible post.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do think the casualization of WoW is one of the problems their losing subscribers, but I believe that the game being 10 years old and having passed the maturity stage is the leading cause.

You can not expect this game to live on forever you know. In any case, it's still in a pretty strong position despite the on holding drop in subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the fact that the OP listed some of the things that fixed wow, as a problem.

And stop that dead old topic about Vanilla/TBC servers... really.. getting old.

I don't even get half of what you write..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    There is already a long-running sub-related thread and this thread is even less constructive than the last one created.

Closing.