Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I support this. Love to see a warlock tanking spec. Anything new in this game,,,, anything at all is welcomed.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Except it did happen. Both Elegon and Spirit Kings were tanked by a warlock during T14 normal progression. A warlock has tanked a few current fights (Not any heroics though) now. C-modes gold have been tanked by a warlock- impressive considering the importance of a tank role in them. There are more examples I could dig up.
    Sure it can and does happen, that's not to say that it's optimal though. I could care less for any anecdotal "evidence" that insinuates Warlock tanking should be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It won't make more people willing to tank, period.
    The community made tanking an experience that people don't want to do in random groups.
    Only the community can fix it, not that they ever will.
    Incorrect. I enjoy dark apotheosis tanking MUCH more than any tanking on my dk (which I never play). I would tank all the time if it was possible on a warlock.

My guild lets me tank on shamans, it's a hoot. I would love to be able to tank on a couple more fights. Also 5 mans when not terribly outgearing them.

I'd tank on a regular basis if I could do it in raid on my lock. I can tank on my DK or Warrior but I don't find it nearly as fun. Part of that might just be because of it being in contrast to what you would think of in terms of a clothey but fun nonetheless.

I agree with warlocks being given a optional specc to tank, just as druids have 4 different speccs.

Don't get me wrong I love playing my warlock as dps, but I would happily welcome the opportunity to tank aswell.

I don't see why giving more classes the opportunity to heal,tank is bad, every class can dps.. Aslong as stated earlyer the 'special-flavour' for the new speccs matches the classes.

Just started doing this. It's hella fun.

It's by far the most fun tanking in the game, they really should just make it official.

With you on that. I have every tank spec, my main is a tank, I love tanking.

And I also want a Warlock tank. It is different, the gameplay element to it is really fun and interesting, plus it's an option we would like to get the Blizzard devs to consider.

I will say though, from my experience in working in the games industry, and following the potential future WoW expansions, I think they are never going to make Warlock tanks because they are keeping that role for a future Hero class: Demon Hunter.
    Last edited by sinayion; 2014-06-30 at 12:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Does this thread need to exist, when there's another Warlock tanking thread on the top half of the front page?

Warlock tanks aren't happening in WoD, that is abundantly clear. All the evidence suggests what tools we do have for it are being trimmed back too, so even the current form of almost tanking won't exist. So that seems unlikely for the next expansion too, but I guess we'll have to wait until then.
    Did you even read the content of the post?

This isn't a guy crying for warlock tanks he's simply showing his concept.

Perhaps stop policing the forums and let people enjoy themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post

I will never understand why some people wont allow others to enjoy a game their way. Warlock tanking will not kill their dps, gameplay mechanics, etc.

I would kill for Warlocks to have a true tanking spec, no 4th spec needed, just improve Demo DA tanking. Sorta like Feral dps and tank. DA for tanking,Meta for dps. Have them be better against Magical damage, then physical to even it out a bit.

As for shamans tanking. Why not. Diversify the tanking pool.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Warlocks, Shamans, and Mages (Frost as tank spec), should be able to tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post

Yes, I did. Did you read mine? I was asking what was wrong with posting in the existing thread that was there, and pointing out that it probably wasn't going to happen anyway. What's that about policing?