Am I rank 1 material?

So after a long and prideful *Buh dum tss* season so far, my buds and I last night hit 2300. I ended at 2316. I used to play a little more hardcore back in Wotlk/Cata and paid close attention to everyone but with things all cross realm now I don't know how the top .1% works anymore for rank 1. I'm scared to push more than 2316 because I could possibly lose since now we're in a higher bracket and it's extremely intense. During the old days I'd finish at 2300-2400 and stop playing that PvP ladder to reserve my spot as glad. After a few years of casual play I came back and now I'm just wondering if whether or not if 2316 is Rank 1 or if I need to push for a lot higher?

ratings have been inflated to almost 3k these days

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Sloth View Post
    So after a long and prideful *Buh dum tss* season so far, my buds and I last night hit 2300. I ended at 2316. I used to play a little more hardcore back in Wotlk/Cata and paid close attention to everyone but with things all cross realm now I don't know how the top .1% works anymore for rank 1. I'm scared to push more than 2316 because I could possibly lose since now we're in a higher bracket and it's extremely intense. During the old days I'd finish at 2300-2400 and stop playing that PvP ladder to reserve my spot as glad. After a few years of casual play I came back and now I'm just wondering if whether or not if 2316 is Rank 1 or if I need to push for a lot higher?
    Yes, you have to push a lot higher. 2.3k last season wasn't even glad and no one was 3k there yet. Last season 2403 was glad. so i'd assume R1 would be around the 2.6-2.7k range now since the highest are 3k+

EDIT: The site that was right last season says glad is 2.5k now and r1 is 2.7k so.. A fair bit to go buddy
    Last edited by mmoc9587678ea9; 2014-05-06 at 09:42 PM.

Deleted
    This should answer your questions.

http://www.arenamate.net/arena_rbg_title_cutoffs.html

Rank 1 is now 2724 on EU, so no you're not rank 1 material quite yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last seasons cutoff for rank 1 was 2575 for EU and 2513 for US, currently it's ~2.6k for US and ~2.7k for EU, and the season still has a few months to go, so expect those numbers to raise, especially in the last 2 weeks when people begin to push their ratings.

If you can reach 2.8k ( for US ) by the end of the season, you'll have a good chance at rank 1, otherwise don't bother with it.

They really need to change how ranks are calculated. People should not be able to get to 2600+ early on in the season and then quit playing for the rest, and then get rewarded. They really need to put something in place where your points diminish if you do not actively participate in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    They really need to change how ranks are calculated. People should not be able to get to 2600+ early on in the season and then quit playing for the rest, and then get rewarded. They really need to put something in place where your points diminish if you do not actively participate in PvP.
    been suggested, been ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    been suggested, been ignored.
    Was that the suggestion for a rating decay to be implemented to keep people from sitting on rating? Seems like a great idea. Guessing that never went through?

If it makes you feel better; you're rank 1 in my eyes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Last season gladiator was about 2320, so rank 1 would be much higher... especially since they inflated the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Sloth View Post
    Yes, you are rank 1 material! You will need that attitude at +2700

And beNN btw, that sig is beautiful. Keep it that way.

Deleted
    LSD topping 3v3-EU @ 3k+ rating. What a shocker

Deleted
    Funny when someone wanna hear how good they are and it doesn't quite work out that way :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Funny when someone wanna hear how good they are and it doesn't quite work out that way :P
    That conclusion tells me more about you than it does about the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    The OP was asking if his rating was rank 1, he was off by a couple hundred points not sure if you are implying he wanted compliments or something you should really control your condescending attitude before it embarrasses you too much.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP Bought arena boost, now he has to brag that he's at 2,3k ... Big deal..