Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Shield wall is protection only RIP arms warrior

i guess arms is gonna be a crp specc to play in WOD prot is looking more and more appealing in wod

Deleted
    Yes goodbye arms. They are removing shield wall from arms so we wont see them anymore in WoD. Arms will be completely useless because of this and will actually just end up being deleted. Goodbye forever arms spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Yes goodbye arms. They are removing shield wall from arms so we wont see them anymore in WoD. Arms will be completely useless because of this and will actually just end up being deleted. Goodbye forever arms spec.
    Yeah I can't see why they haven't deleted arms at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    In pvp, Shield Wall was a big survival cd, it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out with the changes they make.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

There are so many changes its impossible to say how big or small of a change this is.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm most worried about is how they are streamlining classes. Apparently, DPS specs can't have defensive abilities or utility anymore. They have to straight up deal damage and have to be reliant on healers to survive, which are now strictly healers and can't have offensive utility either.

It kind of sucks. Everything's so specialized... One of the reasons I dislike Team Fortress 2 is how specialized each class is. Each class is so rigid it's not even fun.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Deleted
    tbh prot pvp is gonna be how arms pvp is now and with blood craze for prot and everything prot warriors atm are looking the best specc for PVP

all changes are subject to change . . .and its only alpha atm .. . . .calm your tits for a couple months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    What I'm most worried about is how they are streamlining classes. Apparently, DPS specs can't have defensive abilities or utility anymore. They have to straight up deal damage and have to be reliant on healers to survive, which are now strictly healers and can't have offensive utility either.

It kind of sucks. Everything's so specialized... One of the reasons I dislike Team Fortress 2 is how specialized each class is. Each class is so rigid it's not even fun.
    tbh thats a good change why should a feral druid for example have insane healing as a dps atm they shouldnt its a good change damage speccs should just do damage and healers heal its how the game was back in the day every post update for wod is amazing im so pumped for wod on my warrior and shaman

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    For god´s sake, stop these threads. Too early to even speculate about how things will work out. Regard, that the cooldown department gets drastically face-liften for all classes. Warriors are not the only ones receiving tweaks these days. I cannot take another "how will this animation look", "how will that change work out" or "gg blizz, that tweak will ruin my class" thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

As a Warrior, I am glad. For too long our numbers have been falsely inflated due to our high representation of Arms Warriors in PvP due to Arms' frankly overpowered abilities. If it takes Arms PvP dying a fiery death for Fury and Prot and, indeed, Arms to get the long overdue attention they require then so be it.

The damage never bothered me anyway...

The reasons TF2 hurts in that regard, not even the Medic is efficient in a lot of matches, every class can die so easily, but that's how the game is meant to be, maybe that's how it'll be in Warlords.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Apparently, DPS specs can't have defensive abilities or utility anymore.
    Unless you're a feral druid, than you get 4 (2 of which are 70% reductions).

Real men don't Shield Wall anyway. Take that shit to the face and give it back tenfold. The warrior way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its hard to see how Arms will be remotely pvp viable right now. Unless the damage is just obscenely high. Bad CC, long CD charge limiting mobility, no Shield Wall...

This is looking like a WOTLK level fuck up on Blizzards part, with most of these changes probably reversed come the first major patch of WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    Real men don't Shield Wall anyway. Take that shit to the face and give it back tenfold. The warrior way!
    That play style was removed alongside 40% enrage.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I for once welcome our new Protection overlords, arms can die in a fire, pvping for years with the same spec gets really boring.

Still, i wonder why they removed Shield Wall, take a look at Feral Druids for example.

Ferals in WoD got.
    Survival Instincts, 70% DR, lasts 12s, 2 charges!, 2min cd.
    Barkskin, 20% DR, lasts 12s, 1min cd. can be glyphed to 25%- crit.
    Might of Ursoc, 30% more hp for 20s, requires bearform *significant dps loss*. can be glyphed to 50% hp.
    Renewal, 22% instant heal.
    STEALTH!

Then Heart of the Wild allowing you to healspam + the ability to heal up when not under pressure in caster form.

Also, they nerfed Recklessness to 15% crit, while Ferals burst got buffed, with Berserk giving them extra 50 energy, pounce getting massively buffed, rejuv usable in catform while retaining King of The jungle + Berserk/Tigers Fury for burst, savage roar passive.

Shall we compare this to Arms Warriors in WoD?
    Rallying Cry, 15% more hp for 10s, 2min cd.
    Die by the Sword, 30% DR, 100% parry for 8s, 2min cd.
    Enraged Regeneration, 30% heal, 1min cd.
    Defensive Stance, 25% DR, permanent but significant dps loss while in use.

No other self healing.

For burst, Recklessness, 15% crit and 10% crit damage.

But well, its just Alpha.
    If Warriors turn out to be gimps like early WotLK, Blizzard will pull another one of their *buffs* and Warriors end up being overbuffed like usual, theres really no middle ground for this class is there.
    But so far it looks pretty bleak folks, maybe you should roll a druid alt just in cause! *unless you be prepared to strap on a shield for pvp!*
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2014-04-19 at 08:30 AM.

Oh come on OP, you never macroed a shield and hit shield wall the last 8 years anyhow, the fact that it was 'free' for some time in MoP doesnt kill arms, stop acting like a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    I for once welcome our new Protection overlords, arms can die in a fire, pvping for years with the same spec gets really boring.

Still, i wonder why they removed Shield Wall, take a look at Feral Druids for example.

Ferals in WoD got.
    Might of Ursoc, 30% more hp for 20s, requires bearform *significant dps loss*. can be glyphed to 50% hp.
    STEALTH!

Then Heart of the Wild allowing you to healspam + the ability to heal up when not under pressure in caster form.

Also, they nerfed Recklessness to 15% crit, while Ferals burst got buffed, with Berserk giving them extra 50 energy, pounce getting massively buffed, rejuv usable in catform while retaining King of The jungle + Berserk/Tigers Fury for burst, savage roar passive.

Shall we compare this to Arms Warriors in WoD?
    Rallying Cry, 15% more hp for 10s, 2min cd.
    Die by the Sword, 30% DR, 100% parry for 8s, 2min cd.
    Enraged Regeneration, 30% heal, 1min cd.
    Defensive Stance, 25% DR, permanent but significant dps loss while in use.

No other self healing.

For burst, Recklessness, 15% crit and 10% crit damage.

But well, its just Alpha.
    If Warriors turn out to be gimps like early WotLK, Blizzard will pull another one of their *buffs* and Warriors end up being overbuffed like usual, theres really no middle ground for this class is there.
    But so far it looks pretty bleak folks, maybe you should roll a druid alt just in cause! *unless you be prepared to strap on a shield for pvp!*
    All true but I still will never roll a dumb cat over a huge sword wielding guy. And Feral play style is so boring I'm not sure how anyone plays that. Reck change is just lol worthy. Agility classes(Windwalkers) are running around with a permanent 50% crit in arena right now, while we have to use a CD to get the same amount.

In WOD, Reck's 15% Crit added to our usual 15% crit at the start of the expac is 30% crit, not much of a damage CD. At least, hope they make the arms rotation a little less braindead.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post

Ferals in WoD got.
    STEALTH!

I wouldn't compare anything with wod druids they just seem to have gone nuts with druids much like they did for mop. And sadly you didn't even list everything that wod is doing lol. They also are adding a glyph for guardian lvl armor for normal bear form and a 10% passive dmg reduction while in cat form glyph lol.

I don't know what they are even really thinking with this so they removed Symbiosis it should have never been in game in the form it was in. And it still doesn't make any sense look at guardian it gets nothing from Symbiosis on the lvl of a 2 min double charge 70% reduction only 1 class even gives them a dmg reduction at all and its just 20%.

Nothing about what they are doing with any druid spec makes sense resto druid with 1min cd 'aura mastery' and the only cast time nerfs they got were wild regrowth...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure that this is Alpha, and that things that we see at the moment are just the start of what they have planned. All the re-balancing patches will come in the last part of the Open Beta which is up to 6months away. Just relax and I'm sure that they will balance the defensive capability in PvP of the different specs in the game in such a way that it's decently balanced.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders