Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I have this issue

1. Friends/guild no longer playing, or not enough to put together 5 in a group
    2. Server completely dead
    3. Open Raid groups require 9/9 or they consider you being boosted, and thus want 100k gold

I have 2/9 gold already and we one shot them, I have the gear/buffs I need and I'm more than a capable player to gold them all, I'd have done it already if I put in the effort while my guild was active, there is no urgency among guildies to get it done since a lot of them did it not long after MOP launch. Been trying for about a month to pull something together

:|.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Open raid does a weekly(?) event specifically for people not 9/9. Having even 1/9 is enough to get it done via oQueue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I have this issue

3. Open Raid groups require 9/9 or they consider you being boosted, and thus want 100k gold

I have 2/9 gold already and we one shot them, I have the gear/buffs I need and I'm more than a capable player to gold them all, I'd have done it already if I put in the effort while my guild was active, there is no urgency among guildies to get it done since a lot of them did it not long after MOP launch. Been trying for about a month to pull something together

:|.
    I'm sorry to hear that. It did take a little while for me to get into my first gold group on open raid with 0/9 experience (I think I'm up to 5 or 6 done now), but I did find that there were usually at least a couple groups a week that specifically stated they were aimed at people with little to no experience. What I did was just try to show each group I signed up with that I took it seriously: I mentioned the CM specific gear that I had (eng helm, ToT+socket weapon, etc), that I had all my consumables ready, and that I'd read/watched the strats for whatever specific ones were mentioned in the raid sign up. It probably also helped that I'm a mage though, since I also bring Time Warp and frost is strong in CMs. If you are a class that may not be that in demand, you can always try setting up your own groups, although that is more work.

10+ Year Old Account
    as many people suggested / pointed out, mage is one of the best dps classes for cms. even if you don't have prior experience, say, you have a better chance to find cm than a semi-experienced rogue.

good luck.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I have this issue

I had the same issue, I play at 1am to 4:30am so server is dead and so is guild but I still managed to get 2 x CM and I did it through OQ.

I started off just getting in anyone, but as I put more groups together I found more optimal players, some CM's took ages, I spent 6-7 hours in siege because people kept dying to the bombs at the start, I did scholomance like 70 wipes, took me around a month to get my first 9x9 (Doing CM's just on weekends and where I could find groups), 2nd 9x9 I only got 9x9 players and I completed it in a single night.

Biggest thing for me is that I earned the gear, I didn't get carried.
    Last edited by IKT; 2014-05-17 at 07:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    So playing the game and overcoming challenge, probably hardest thing you can do without raiding or pvping is hassle now. Oh dear why play the game altogether and not just buy account with best gear and titles from ebay and save yourself unnencessery hassle....?
    The hassle isn't doing them, the hassle is finding a group to do them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.