Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

16+ ilvl dps sim

So now when the stats are out on both wowhead and askmrrobot I'm just curious if anyone has played around with dps numbers on fury or arms and maybe got an estimate on how much we'll gain from the extra ilvl? Also in case anyone has suggestions on what items to upgrade first. I was thinking of upgrading my TTT and EEoG followed by weapons, then starting from high stat items like head/chest/legs. God knows we'll get a few hectic weeks with maxed valor capping :P

Deleted
    I think the correct way to reforge is weapons > trinkets > chest/legs/head > everything else

http://warriordpr.blogspot.com/2014/...lor-on-to.html

copy/paste below

It's ilevel christmas time again, Blizzard is going to allow 2 more upgrades on every item. If you're wondering what to upgrade first, take a look at this list I made.

I copied the bis t16h profile a bunch of times and only added 8 ilevels (2 upgrades) to the item that is in the name, so 4 upgrades total.

*UPDATED* Ran with higher iterations, and cloak fix.

Really there's nothing unexpected here. Weapons are best by far, items with more stat budget (thok/chest/helm/legs) tend to be good 2nd choices.

This is assuming you aren't way over hit/exp cap. Also, the stacked list that I'm showing still has +/- error of 200~ dps, just because I didn't want to spend an hour simulating it. So there are effectively "Tiers" of best items to upgrade:

Tier 1: Main hand
    Tier 2: Off hand
    Tier 3: Legs, Thok, Helm, Chest
    Tier 4: Shoulders, Feet, Cloak
    Tier 5: Gloves, Galakras trinket, Belt, Wrists
    Tier 6: Neck
    Tier 7: Rings

Galakras is a poor choice to upgrade because storm bolt is already 20 seconds, and we're going to continue only using it inside of colossus smash. Lowering the cooldown doesn't do much, so upgrading it just gives extra strength from the proc.

Note: Move EEOG up to Tier 4 if you do not have a H-WF version, and move thoks down 1 tier for every 10~ ilevel you are below 580. So, 550 ilevel with thoks, thoks ~= boots upgrade. Also, take into account that this is all warforged gear except for the tier helm/gloves.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-05-20 at 08:07 PM.

so for an unlucky warrior with a 21.3 second stormbolt who is locked to heroic garrosh till he dies... would a normal Eeog be worth upgrading first?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyra View Post
    so for an unlucky warrior with a 21.3 second stormbolt who is locked to heroic garrosh till he dies... would a normal Eeog be worth upgrading first?
    If you can post your Armory that would help, but the very first Upgrades every Warrior should be doing is to their Weapons.
    After Weapons it's Back > Chest > Legs > Helm, then Trinkets depending on your ilvl / your Trinkets ilvl.
    Last edited by Windowflip; 2014-05-20 at 12:08 PM.
    Window#1725

Easy - US Zul'jin

I'll be prio WF gear obv, weapons->thok->back->neck->Head.. Not sure if belt, gloves or boots should be prioritized after.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fella/advanced

Anyone with input?
    Last edited by Cityfella; 2014-05-20 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    I'll be prio WF gear obv, weapons->thok->back->neck->Head.. Not sure if belt, gloves or boots should be prioritized after.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fella/advanced

Anyone with input?
    If you're so set on upgrading what's best first: Look 3 posts above yours pls, he posted the answer to ur question there.

If it doesn't matter just upgrade weapons first and then whatever you want.

it was more a question of prioritizing HCWF gear vs HC

Deleted
    Shouldnt matter if you upgrade a WF item or a non WF item right? Since it will increase with the same amount of stats. However you will not be replacing the WF item so if you think long term it might be smarter to upgrade it first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Shouldnt matter if you upgrade a WF item or a non WF item right? Since it will increase with the same amount of stats. However you will not be replacing the WF item so if you think long term it might be smarter to upgrade it first.
    You get more bang for you buck from items with more stats.

In other words, if an item has 100 str and you upgrade it---->now has 110 str

vs
    item b has 90 str and you upgrade it-->now has 98 str

TLDR, all things equal, if in doubt upgrade HWF. Collsion's list provides and excellent reference point.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    I may be wrong but I thought items increased exponentially not linear? Collision maybe has answer? If it is exponentially highest Ilvl always best to upgrade first.
    (With the caveat that some items like a chest will almost always beat out a ring )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeroun View Post
    I may be wrong but I thought items increased exponentially not linear? Collision maybe has answer? If it is exponentially highest Ilvl always best to upgrade first.
    You are right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye the reason people upgrade WF gear is because they aren't going to replace it. So even if it's less of an upgrade, they don't risk having to reupgrade a piece of gear.

Yeah, unfortunately I can't give you a for-sure answer when weighing non-wf vs wf gear, it depends on how much risk you want to take. (Damnit, I sound like a banker) You would likely get more dps out of upgrading a non-wf chest over a wf belt, but a wf-chest could drop today and make you sad for spending the valor.

Personally, I will tend to push non-wf gear 3-4~ slots down the list. So I'll likely upgrade my non-wf belt right before my rings.

It's too difficult/time consuming to give personalized answers, I can only give broad generalizations due to the differences in everyones gear setup. Just download simcraft yourself and compare upgrading item. All you have to do is change upgrade=2 to upgrade=4 on the item in question, sim it, then set it back to upgrade=2 and check the other item at upgrade=4.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-05-20 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sims/armory/wow progress are bugged ATM.

Adding 8 item levels to a piece of gear shows up as LOSING 8 item levels.

I was like lolwut when I lost 30k DPS.

Figures blizzard would have armory problems, they push out the patch before they themselves know they're ready on all fronts >_>

Can you manually change ilvls in simc for determining stat weights?> Although since I use askmrrobot and since they update from the armory I still won't be able to do much

Armory is always weeks behind it doesn't matter what blizzard does.

lol since's everything's screwed up I have to reforge by eyeballing stuff and manually doing math >_>, even though it won't give me more than a few points of crit since the main stat increase is just from upgrading the items that already have crit/mastery on them

AMR and sim-c supports 4/4 uppgrades. On AMR you need to go into Options and switch upgrade level from +2 to +4, and in Sim-C you need to change "trinket2=evil_eye_of_galakras,id=105491,upgrade=2" to "trinket2=evil_eye_of_galakras,id=105491,upgrade=4"
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. The armory isn't showing gear upgrades after you've made them. But we have a workaround so you can still use our website: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2014/05/a...alor-upgrades/
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion