Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Are we getting new spell animaitons with WoD?

I think i read somewhere we are getting new spell animations with WoD, are we?

It looks like some new sound EFFECTS;

But that's only from a quick Google search. I'm unsure of any other information. Can't find much on ANIMATIONS, but from what it looks like most will be relatively the same so it doesn't look too different from the original animation. Otherwise people will complain.
    Last edited by lMishka; 2014-05-11 at 01:16 AM. Reason: EFFECTS =! ANIMATION...

Deleted
    For some spells maybe. New casting animations to go with the new models yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no. All of the physical movements of your character will be different, or at least refined with the new models. Spell visual bloat is being trimmed, and some spell visuals will only appear for the player generating them and not everyone else (presumably, there might be a switch if your system can handle this). Some spells are getting new visuals, some are getting reduced visuals, and some are simply getting refined visuals. That's the story in a nutshell at least. They haven't given many specifics on which spells are being affected by which change.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes level 100 Talents are new playable abilities along with new animations. (They showed off some Mage Talents in the latest WoW Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devechka View Post
    It looks like some new sound animations;
    *snip*
    But that's only from a quick Google search. I'm unsure of any other information.
    Sound effects aren't animations...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    For some spells maybe. New casting animations to go with the new models yeah.
    I doubt they will be new animations, just tweaked old ones.

I don't see why they feel the need to reduce some spell visuals.

If anything, most of the spells in this game could do with more visuals; bigger and better ones. Mage for example is hilariously unsatisfying with its 'Fireball' spell being the size of a golf ball; whereas Destruction Warlocks seem to capture the 'Fire' theme better than a class that actually has a 'Fire' spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post

If anything, most of the spells in this game could do with more visuals; bigger and better ones. Mage for example is hilariously unsatisfying with its 'Fireball' spell being the size of a golf ball; whereas Destruction Warlocks seem to capture the 'Fire' theme better than a class that actually has a 'Fire' spec.

Mage fireball should look more like Galakras fireball, thats for sure

Deleted
    It looks like some new sound animations
    Oh finally, no longer having to press ctrl-s because some huntard uses gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post

To the mage him/herself? Sure. To everyone else? No. Thank. You. Already enough of a clusterfuck in 25-man raids, so glad they're tweaking it.

Not happy about their attitude towards Holy Word: Sanctuary though, hopefully they mean they'll change the visual for others than the priest only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Oh finally, no longer having to press ctrl-s because some huntard uses gun.
    Other classes have just as annoying sound effects as well. I wouldn't mind not hearing more than my own attacks since EVERYTHING gets annoying when repeated all the time. Then again, in most raids I turn the sound down low anyway to hear Vent.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Sound effects aren't animations...
    There I edited my original post.
    Meant to mention sound effects but typed out animations on accident....

10+ Year Old Account

That huge fire bomb and arcane bomb are makeing me consider playing a Mage as an alt. Reminds me of D3 Wizard effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weren't they talking about duel weilding polearms for Warriors, and they'd have to make a new animation for that?

The arcane blast looks nice as well. The fire bomb seems too much though. Hopefully they'll stick to their word when they said the boss fights won't have that many spell effects. It just looks too cluttered that way.

It looks like some new sound EFFECTS;

But that's only from a quick Google search. I'm unsure of any other information. Can't find much on ANIMATIONS, but from what it looks like most will be relatively the same so it doesn't look too different from the original animation. Otherwise people will complain.
    Those sounds effects sound worse than what we have now. Did they record everything from 2 miles away? And how is that supposed to be an arrow firing?

Quote Originally Posted by HippopotamusMaximus View Post
    Those sounds effects sound worse than what we have now. Did they record everything from 2 miles away? And how is that supposed to be an arrow firing?
    Listen to the crowd cheering at the end, that video's being recorded from a crowd at some event.

You can hear the raw sound effects in high quality at wowhead. Scroll down on this page til you get to the sound effect at the bottom then click the "abilities" tab and listen to all the Ranged Weapon sounds. Bows sound fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since they are updating the player models we have to get new animations (even if they are similar to the old) because the old ones won't fit with the increase in poly count our characters will recieve.

Casting animations, yes.
    All new spell animations, no. Except for any brand new spells obviously.

It's not atypical to get at least a few updated animations with an expansion, but beyond the completely new spells I don't believe anything specific is known.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.