/crossevents!?!? what is this?

So in the infinite wisdom of Trion they allowed player created channels. Unlike other MMO's Rift players tend to take simple stuff overboard. This channel has replaced your normal max level chat for joining pug raids, expert dungeons that do not involved rage in LFG pugs, and strong holds/rift raids.

/join crossevents

^ Whoever at Trion decides what channels you join when you hit 60 should really(just a suggestion) make this part of that programming.

It's /join crossevents@faeblight for players who aren't naturally on faeblight, no?

Deleted
    If they told everybody, it would just become general again.

Wow, this channel is great (when it's not being pointlessly spammed to hell >.<). The game is more or less functional as a single, giant server nowadays. Each individual server acts as a different channel, as mobility between servers is easy due to free transfers and the ability to be summoned to other servers, and with cross server chat as well there's no communication barrier.

They've kind of accidentally bumbled their way into this since they launched SL, but I'm really happy that it's turned out this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wow, this channel is great (when it's not being pointlessly spammed to hell >.<). The game is more or less functional as a single, giant server nowadays. Each individual server acts as a different channel, as mobility between servers is easy due to free transfers and the ability to be summoned to other servers, and with cross server chat as well there's no communication barrier.

They've kind of accidentally bumbled their way into this since they launched SL, but I'm really happy that it's turned out this way.
    I am concerned that Hit rating is turning into Gear Score for Rift. We are going from linking achievements to assuming high hit rating means good player. The channel is pretty damn useful especially when you have a schedule that makes it nearly impossible to schedule guild events a full week ahead before they fill up.

Gear score was relative. Hit Rating is absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Gear score was relative. Hit Rating is absolute.
    You also could not buy entire raid sets in a cash shop in WoW and people can simply do hit enchants to supplement this. I got a chance to see my first person decked out in all raid t1 gear, no enchants, no essences, and no idea on rotations this weekend. He ended up rage quitting TDQ because he could not figure out how to soul release and come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    You also could not buy entire raid sets in a cash shop in WoW and people can simply do hit enchants to supplement this. I got a chance to see my first person decked out in all raid t1 gear, no enchants, no essences, and no idea on rotations this weekend. He ended up rage quitting TDQ because he could not figure out how to soul release and come back.
    Such a player would still have met the requirements for the game despite his playing ability. A more knowledgeable player without the minimum Hit Rating would have been of no added value.