Thread: Oldest memory?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Oldest memory?

Had a dream last night of my oldest memory. If I did my math right I would of been 3. The memory was where we lived there was a cat 5 hurricane coming. I remember we had lived in our old house. The winds where already there and the sky was dark and me my mom and my dad where evacuating. My older brother and 3 sisters had left with a relative. I remember my dad wrapping me up in a blanket and carrying me up the flight of stairs opening the gate and putting me in the back of his maroon ford ltd and put me in the back seat and it had a white interior. When I woke up I called my dad and told him about it and he was taken back that I remember something like that because it happened a long time ago. So what you guy's oldest memory?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

15+ Year Old Account
    I cannot recall which is oldest to be honest. I can look at pictures of myself when I was 3yrs old and can recall when one was taken, and for the rest I remember what happened that day.

- one I know I was 3 because my dad and I flew out to Dallas, Tx to visit my grandfather and the picture is us 2 sitting on Jr's bed, from the show "Dallas." I remember my dad showing me where "Jr was thrown out into the pool" (or something like that) and as I looked out the balcony at the pool I asked myself why someone would want to do that. I also remember lots of flat land and oil drilling.... lots 'n lots of oil drilling.

- Second oldest memory involves going to a woman's house. I had my big wheel with me (3-wheel trike thing, google it... it was awesome). I still know where that house is, but I don't remember who the woman was or have heard of her since. There's a picture of me from that day with my big wheel but I don't recall it happening, just everything before and after the pic.

I don't really remember much of my really young life, I think the oldest memory I have was playing the board game Cat & Mouse, I must have been about ~4 or something. Really no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    reason why i asked was i was showed a article where it said something along the lines of the brain erases old memories to make room for new one. Not sure about how that works BUT Im surprised I still remember something like that. And I would of chocked it up to it being a dream but I remember holding on to that memory and when i asked my dad about it he pretty much confirmed it.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I have shitty memories of my childhood. Oldest is I remember lying on an ugly brown couch staring at the ceiling, and that's it. My parents told me that the couch I described was one they had in an apartment in California. Based on that, I would've been either two or three at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember having the chicken pox.

I was 9 months old.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

most of my memories before about 15 or so are pretty random, vague and scattered (no idea what memories are earlier or later than others). the earliest clear memory I have is a swing set near some sand dunes, I think it was on a caravan park in devon which would've meant I'd be about eight to ten at the time, I think

My family used to own an 8 seater van back in the 90s. One of those with the sliding doors to get to the back seats. I remember when I was ~3 or 4, I was getting out of the car, was in a hurry, and managed to slam the sliding door into my thumb. I think I might have died, can't remember. Worst feel NA.

I have a bunch of old memories. The problem I run into is placing times on them.

Nothing spectacular, interesting, dramatic, or traumatic - just a few seconds long memory of my sister walking down a set of stairs. I was no older than 3, we moved out of that house two months or so after my third birthday.

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember a lot of things which is quite likely from the age before I was 3.

I remember starring at the inside of my stroller, I remember looking at this duck toy I had, which cannot fall over(weight at the bottom of it), and wondering why it didn't fall. There is a picture of me sitting on the floor with this duck in the location my memory is from(but I am just a baby, possibly closing up on my first birthday). Memory might be triggered by the picture, or fabricated by my mind. I remember the color of our house which was painted in a different colour when I was 2 years old. No pictures of it, or being told about it. It was when I asked my mom about this, she could confirm that it was very close to what I could remember it as(yellow'ish). I also remember encountering a nasty storm when out on a fishing boat with my family when I was 3. A wave washed over board when some of us were on deck, and I swallowed quite a bit of water, and remember being very scared. This was also confirmed to be true. I also remember being incredibly scared of our hallway with stairs up to the livingroom. It was in serious need of an update, and somehow I always imagined jungle branches and rats climbing them behind my back every time I walked those stairs.

There's plenty more, unorganized and minor memories where those came from.
    Last edited by Duridi; 2014-05-12 at 08:24 PM.

I remember somehow getting my head stuck/wedged in the armrest of a high chair (between the armrest and the seat...I was apparently trying to crawl through it or something). My dad had to saw it off to get me out. After that, he put the armrest back together by taping the shit out of it with duct tape, and we kept using it. According to my parents, I was around 2 at the time.

I also remember when my sister was born and first came home. I was 3, my brother was 10, and my aunt was babysitting us while mom and dad were at the hospital. I remember her walking us to the door and telling us they had a surprise for us when she saw them pull up to the driveway.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-05-13 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    my first memory is a connection I made

My grandma has a stone frog, and I saw a real frog next to it. I concluded they were the same thing (frog)

that is my first memory.

15+ Year Old Account
    Think i was around 3 or 4, i was running and hitting a ball with a hammer in the yard, I swing and i miss the ball and plants the hammer in my forehead, dont remember anything more of that episode, it might be the reason i cant remember anything else until im 7 years old
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

My oldest memory was of my parents getting married (complicated story) outside the apartments we lived at. I was 1 years old at the time. The apartments were big so there was a small field inside the compound and that's where the wedding was and they got married under the only tree in that field. One of the only few memories that I can at least remember with 80-95% certainty.
    Last edited by Calfredd; 2014-05-13 at 09:29 PM.

Deleted
    Off the top of my head, I remember one occasion from kindergarten, when I was like 4. We were all gathered in the largest room of the place for something (eating? nap time? dunno) and I was breathing really heavy and loud, just because reasons. When one of the staff told me to be quiet, I just told her 'what? I'm just breathing.'

I was an arrogant prick already by then.

Other things I have heard from my parents:
    "I liked our old home better" when we arrived at our summer cottage.
    Apparently I read books about dinosaurs and memorized their Latin names when I was 4. (autism much?)
    Almost drowning in a rainwater barrel, getting saved by my aunt.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2014-05-13 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oldest memory was being rushed to the ER having a 104 fever. I even remember what shirt I was wearing (it had Bart Simpson on it, saying "Eat my shorts"). My mom strapped me in the booster seat and sped to town (we lived 15 miles away). We got there, and when the doctor came to see me, my fever broke.

The reason why mom my freaked out about the fever was that my oldest sister had brain damage occur due to a fever not getting tended to immediately at a young age.

I looked back at old photos of me, and I the majority of the pics of me wearing that shirt was at age 2-3.
    "Don't be a dick, be a dude."
    my warrior
    [ twitter| twitch]

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playing with a toy house in a hospital waiting room (1 or 2 years old).
    You cared enough to post.

7+ Year Old Account
    Crying in my crib....

Believe it or not my oldest memory was when I was in an incubater at the hospital after birth.